• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Prediction - CL: Arsenal vs Lokomotiv | 10/12/03

nnn

Questionable, Winning the ball won't be a problem, you'll be lucky to see 45% posession. Getting it in the box is the problem for us. I must say I am impressed by Loko, a top team that play well for eachother and play some good football.

MadUKV

nnn said:
Questionable, Winning the ball won't be a problem, you'll be lucky to see 45% posession. Getting it in the box is the problem for us.
Holding the ball will be a hard task for both teams, I think midfields're comparatively equal in both teams. Our problem is to move the struggle out of the box to the center and meet gunners early.
And of course, a visiting team gets less percentage usually...
nnn said:
I must say I am impressed by Loko, a top team that play well for eachother and play some good football.
Thanx for appreciation :D Hope we won't betray your opinion.

MadUKV

lavrent: Go hate Russia in your loo, you can puke yourself inside-out there while Loko will be marching to victory!
Dynamo-Inter match will bring triumf for Lokomotiv, for it 'll be a draw.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
To be honest I think Kiev-Inter will be a draw as well. If it is it kinda makes all this about who will win out of Arsenal and Lokomotive irrelevant 'cos we'll both go through.

A

Anonymous

we are very thin up front.

if henry plays , he will be marked out of the game. Bergkamp , kanu and wiltord are too useless to rely on scoring.

I see stalement on this and Inter winning in Kiev 8)

GlasgowGooner

henry_14 said:

if henry plays , he will be marked out of the game.

The Russians are planning on having two man markers on Henry

http://www.thisislondon.com/sport/footb ... 20Standard

Lokomotiv Moscow will take man-marking to a new level tomorrow when they put two defenders on Thierry Henry.

draw at Highbury will be enough for the Russians to go through from Group B in the final game of this Champions League stage. Arsenal need to win to be sure of qualification.

Henry, who destroyed Internazionale in the 5-1 rout a fortnight ago, is set to play after coming through training yesterday following a knee injury that kept him out of Saturday's draw at Leicester.

Lokomotiv are clearly worried about the influence that FIFA World Player of the Year nominee Henry could have on the game and have marked him out for special treatment.

Defender Jacob Lekgetho said: "Henry is definitely the man of the moment. There will be times when he can kill us and we will have to be patient with him. He is probably the best in the world right now but if we put two guys against him it will be easier for us. If there is only one player then he has not got any cover."

Lokomotiv are full of confidence after a successful European campaign which has included a 3-0 victory against Inter.

They have spent the last week training and relaxing in Marbella as preparation for tomorrow's game and believe all the pressure is on Arsenal.

South African Lekgetho said: "It is the last game and they really need to get through to the next stage for lots of reasons.

"If we can score first it will unsettle them and cause them problems with the crowd. Playing in front of their fans means the people at Highbury will want more from them.

"There will not be any pressure on us but we will not be playing for a draw. We want to win convincingly. If they take us for granted they will pay.

"We drew with them in Moscow but we should have won because Arsenal did not play so well and we could have punished them.

"That was one of the easiest games we have had in the Champions League this season. I saw the highlights of their game in Milan but I don't think the Italians are doing that well at the moment anyway.

"We have to respect Arsenal but not fear them. It could be difficult but we are prepared to fight until the last minute."

Lokomotiv full-back Vadim Evseev, at the centre of an elbowing row with Ryan Giggs during Russia's Euro 2004 play-off win over Wales, is likely to feature.

Meanwhile, the FA Cup third-round clash between Leeds and Arsenal at Highbury will be shown live on Sky Sports on Sunday 4 January at 4.05pm.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
henry_14 said:

if henry plays , he will be marked out of the game. Bergkamp , kanu and wiltord are too useless to rely on scoring.

I see stalement on this and Inter winning in Kiev 8)

Still you gotta laugh aintcha?

Blimey you oughta get some prozac mate. This is a big night of Highbury history, we will win this by a big margin.

Join in

VCC

Wouldn't worry about Henry being marked out of the game. If he's up for it, they can put 5 guys on him and it won't do any good.

Adam

Established Member
VCC said:
Wouldn't worry about Henry being marked out of the game. If he's up for it, they can put 5 guys on him and it won't do any good.

Yep, and of course, this leaves space for our most dangerous man you shouldn't give space to - Bergkamp. He'll pick out passes all day.

Robno.7

arsenal will win 2-1 thanks to Bergie and henry! i am happy to say i will b there cheering on the lads tomorrow! ;D loko fans r full of confidence. WE WILL SHATTER THAT! BYE BYE LOKO

jc8gooner

I reckon that we will win 2-0, with Ljungberg and Pires scoring. However this will not be absolutely necessary cos I believe that Inter will claim only a draw in Kiev.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom