Premier League 2019/20: The race for Europe

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Aug 8, 2019.

?

Where do you predict we will finish this season?

Poll closed Jan 19, 2020.
  1. 1st

6.5%
  2. 2nd

5.2%
  3. 3rd

35.5%
  4. 4th

30.3%
  5. 5th/6th

11.7%
  6. 7th or lower

10.8%
  1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

We need it badly, and we need to get into the final and win it badly.

2. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

The whole case could be thrown out on just that technicality. Imagine City's defence being "..yes, they have a video of me killing that guy but that doesn't prove anything because that video was obtained by illegal mean".

3. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

I think we're looking in trouble for Europa league with Sheffield and Wolves both winning.

GeorgiaGunner likes this.
  4. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Really need to win against Sp**s now.

Monstar-Gunn4r likes this.
  5. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Never seen an Arsenal team end with sub 60 points before.

Lady_Gooner likes this.
  6. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

People will spin only having 38 games as a positive, I’ve seen it so many times before how Arsenal with extra days rest look more tired and limp than teams who have hectic schedule.

Sp**s had 48 hours less prep for the game today and looked fresher in the last half hour.

tcahill, Rex Banter and krengon like this.
  7. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Yes this one will be worst than wenger last season where we finish with 63 point. We'll likely finish with 56-57 this season

8. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

It's not like we have massively underperformed from our true level like Chelsea did when they missed out.. Having less games is not suddenly going to make these guys better players, and no europa will make it harder to improve in the transfer window.

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

3-1 ffs. How did this turnaround.

10. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

I thought last season's race for top 4 was bad. Shows how utterly sh!t everyone must have been if such a crap side like this Leicester team or Chelsea can still finish 3rd.

krengon likes this.
  11. Lady_Gooner

Lady_Gooner That's Mrs. Ramsey to you buster!

I can’t believe how bad we are ... well I can but I can’t. Honestly feels like I’m dreaming even after all these years of decline :lol: it just doesn’t feel real

dashsnow17 likes this.
  12. yousif_arsenal

You deserve to be in that position when you drop 21 points from winning position

Gooner416, asukru and GeorgiaGunner like this.
  13. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

I think 7th is gone now, so the only chance we have of getting European football is finishing 8th if City are banned, or finishing 8th if City are not banned and one of Wolves or Utd win the Europa, or finishing 9th if City are banned and Wolves win the Europa (assuming Utd finish 5th and get CL).

14. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

I remember when we were consistently in the top 4 but still had a lot of problems, and thinking that if we continue like this we'll end up mid-table. But it just felt so far-fetched, it didn't feel possible to actually drop to mid-table. Turns out it's not so hard :lol:

Lady_Gooner likes this.
  15. dashsnow17

dashsnow17 Established Member

"I am planning for two or three different scenarios. Depending on that, we will be able to do more, less or nothing".

For everyone who thinks it's actually good to not qualify for Europe, maybe have a wee remember of this quote from Arteta and look at what all the assessments of our finances are telling us - we were facing losses before covid, we're certainly facing losses now, and any transfer budget largely depends on European qualification.

krengon, say yes and Rex Banter like this.
  16. yousif_arsenal

If somehow we win fa cup we'll qualify to group stage?

17. field442

Yes. Can’t see us beating City with the form they’re in though.

yousif_arsenal likes this.
  18. yousif_arsenal

Yes we got little chance missing europa is not like missing CL mosey wise still being in Europe is bit important to our club

field442 likes this.
  19. field442

City not banned. €10m reduced fine.

say yes likes this.
  20. field442

Well now we know what we need to do to get Europa League football. Finish 7th, win the FA cup or finish 8th and hope one of Wolves/Utd win the Europa and finish outside the top 4.