• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Everton 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday September, 17th | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

Prediction

Everton 0-2 Arsenal

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I hope if there is one thing we can all take from this game it's that size doesn't matter. Let me explain. There were a lot of discerning voices about Vieira and our midfield getting bulldozed over by Everton’s orcs but that wasn't the case. There's no point trying to fight fire with fire and instead, Arteta was brave enough to stick with our technical proficiency over Everton’s. A brave decision from the boss, and one I hope he continues with when we go to Newcastle.
What does 'orcs' mean?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The fact that this was our first Post-Wenger victory there is a testament to how low we were before the club started to put itself right.

Hopefully, it'll be a few decades before we ever have to play at Goodison again.
Man City hardly ever win away at Sp*rs. Now on the face of it thats the lowest of the low. But it's just how it goes sometimes between certain sides.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel received a yellow card in the second half for the opposition player knocking the ball around him and then running straight into him. How does this differ to the first half when Doucoure did the same to Saliba inside our box?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Gabriel received a yellow card in the second half for the opposition player knocking the ball around him and then running straight into him. How does this differ to the first half when Doucoure did the same to Saliba inside our box?
Gabriel didn't try to play the ball and made a movement in front of the running lane.

Doucoure didn't try to go for the ball he pushed forward, and ran into Saliba on purpose to try to get a penalty. Saliba was almost still and tried to pull his leg away.

Badger_Revenge

A little late on my impressions: Team not quite clicking on offense, but looking more composed defensively. The balance isn't quite there yet, and I worried we wouldn't find the goal, but Everton were not a force. It's a good win to build that balance from.

-Martinelli's influence on the team has been impressive this year. That finish on the disallowed goal was top notch and composed. Henry-like. The team really had a hard time adjusting offensively once he left.

-This offside rule on deflections doesn't really make sense - it is basically just an arbitrary rule - and I often feel it's not applied evenly. If the deflection takes a ball 90 degrees and 20 yards from it's intended target, how can it be considered an extension of the original pass? It doesn't track. That ball's movement was clearly not the intention of the passer, but rather the result of the intention of the defender to intercept the pass.

-Trossard is such an enigma. He was great in preseason, but has often started matches with heavy touches during the league season, and it took him until after halftime to really get involved in this match. Didn't feel the communication with Viera was always there - they seemed to be taking up the same spaces, but what an elegant finish. The guy can make magic happen.

-Found myself less annoyed by Viera than by Havertz in the other midfield position. Still a little disjointed at times, but Everton was playing a block. He just needs a little luck to go his way.

-Saka has struggled to impact games of late. Mykolenko did well against him, but he's getting 2-3 players on him every time. Just like when Martinelli started getting cornered and isolated last year on the left wing, Arteta needs to figure out how to use the resulting free space more quickly.

-Felt secure with Rice, Gabriel and Saliba back on D. Still feel a little on edge every time Zinny has the ball, but less so now. Don't really feel Zinny and Rice are always on the same page yet.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

A little late on my impressions: Team not quite clicking on offense, but looking more composed defensively. The balance isn't quite there yet, and I worried we wouldn't find the goal, but Everton were not a force. It's a good win to build that balance from.

-Martinelli's influence on the team has been impressive this year. That finish on the disallowed goal was top notch and composed. Henry-like. The team really had a hard time adjusting offensively once he left.

-This offside rule on deflections doesn't really make sense - it is basically just an arbitrary rule - and I often feel it's not applied evenly. If the deflection takes a ball 90 degrees and 20 yards from it's intended target, how can it be considered an extension of the original pass? It doesn't track. That ball's movement was clearly not the intention of the passer, but rather the result of the intention of the defender to intercept the pass.

-Trossard is such an enigma. He was great in preseason, but has often started matches with heavy touches during the league season, and it took him until after halftime to really get involved in this match. Didn't feel the communication with Viera was always there - they seemed to be taking up the same spaces, but what an elegant finish. The guy can make magic happen.

-Found myself less annoyed by Viera than by Havertz in the other midfield position. Still a little disjointed at times, but Everton was playing a block. He just needs a little luck to go his way.

-Saka has struggled to impact games of late. Mykolenko did well against him, but he's getting 2-3 players on him every time. Just like when Martinelli started getting cornered and isolated last year on the left wing, Arteta needs to figure out how to use the resulting free space more quickly.

-Felt secure with Rice, Gabriel and Saliba back on D. Still feel a little on edge every time Zinny has the ball, but less so now. Don't really feel Zinny and Rice are always on the same page yet.

Considering we missed two starting attackers plus Partey were out I think the performance was pretty solid.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

I didn't realise we are top for goals from corners since the start of last season. I laughed when the commentator said "we know Arsenal are potent from corners" because I thought we were bad at them!

I suppose we get a heck of a lot of them. I have a feeling the actual conversion rate isn't the best, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom