• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Everton 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday September, 17th | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

Prediction

Everton 0-2 Arsenal

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Sp**s will be our first real test because they’ll put it on us big time. 17+ shots in every game they’ve played so far, very expansive football. Reminds me of the days when they had Mousa Dembele (Sarr) and such.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I hope if there is one thing we can all take from this game it's that size doesn't matter. Let me explain. There were a lot of discerning voices about Vieira and our midfield getting bulldozed over by Everton’s orcs but that wasn't the case. There's no point trying to fight fire with fire and instead, Arteta was brave enough to stick with our technical proficiency over Everton’s. A brave decision from the boss, and one I hope he continues with when we go to Newcastle.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hope if there is one thing we can all take from this game it's that size doesn't matter. Let me explain. There were a lot of discerning voices about Vieira and our midfield getting bulldozed over by Everton’s orcs but that wasn't the case. There's no point trying to fight fire with fire and instead, Arteta was brave enough to stick with our technical proficiency over Everton’s. A brave decision from the boss, and one I hope he continues with when we go to Newcastle.
I wasn’t worried before the game when I saw the team sheet and we still had 4 reasonably large sized players starting but Everton didn’t even really compete physically, they were absolutely sticking to shape above all else. I only remember them having one corner as well.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sp**s will be our first real test because they’ll put it on us big time. 17+ shots in every game they’ve played so far, very expansive football. Reminds me of the days when they had Mousa Dembele (Sarr) and such.
They've only played banter teams though. There's no indication whatsoever that they can do that against a proper team. They struggled for 96 minutes against Sheffield and were outplayed at times by a dire United. Every year without fail people overhype them after some decent results against easy opposition and every year they crash down to earth as soon as they start playing proper teams. This year will be no different and we'll make easier work of them than United, especially if Jesus is ready to start. Expansive football is fine against teams who can't hurt you when you lose the ball. Being that wide open against us will see them get battered and I don't think Crocodile Dundee has another gear.

Legend14

Established Member
Everton played softly, like an away match. That was the difference. Had nothing to do Vieira or Arteta’s decision. Vieira will struggle against a physical team.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
So to me it looks like the rule says the ball has to be "in control". In this instance it wasn't in control, even if the player deliberately played the ball.

What a weird rule. The pass wasn't intended to Nketiah and the opposition player kicked the ball there, so I think this should be a goal. But it seems the rules are not very good regarding this.

The way I read it is that Beto played the ball (his touch could easily have gone to an Everton man and regained possession) and therefore Nketiah couldn't have "gained an advantage" (i.e. been offside). It is even very specific to say that saves have a different rule (which is understandable).

meh **** it we won anyway.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I think we control games and have a more solid foundation with Rice and better possession stats. I still believe we haven’t played our best lineup yet which would be a double pivot of Rice and Partey. But Tets is married to two attacking midfielders, Partey i think could be a good more traditional 6/8 combo player in a 1-3-2-4. If the goal this year is to control matches and to keep recycling possession this will be the best set up. Neither Viera nor Havertz can offer that kind of engine. I actually think Partey and Rice compliment each other better than xhaka and partey.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I feel everton quality on pitch should play much better football than this it was seriously pathetic display. Losing Iwobi make them even worse they have nobody create or run with the ball from midfield

They lucky luton and Sheffield are so s**t because imo everton playing like this they'll get relegated
Everton we're so bad. Relegation incoming.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It was a weird game. Came out of the blocks but then most of the 1st half was slow without chances. 2nd half out of the blocks again but much more sustained pressure up till the goal. One thing I'll say is the result never seemed in jeopardy. Tbf most games have been like that barring Fulham and maybe you could argue United but I still feel we were deserved winners.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Felt that was as strong a team as we could have put out at the moment barring Jesus for Eddie, who's done well anyway. Looked very comfortable overall and never looked threatened to me.

Even with Gabi going down, who'd looked good early on we have people like Trossard who can come in and give us a quality goal. Another couple of goals would've been nice but happy with the win and the clean sheet.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
VAR call was interesting. VAR is given absolute authority on offsides. VAR is also only supposed to intervene in the event of clear and obvious errors. In this case it was an offside decision, but whether offside was applicable in this case is down to an interpretation of the nature and impact of the Everton player's intervention, which is interpretive and not obvious.

A perfect example of why they need the audio. If the on pitch ref has said to VAR that he thinks offside is applicable due to the nature of the defensive intervention, then its the correct call. If he DOESN'T say that then it seems a case of VAR over-stepping its remit.

(or they could just can the 'clear and obvious')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom