• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Everton 0 - 1 Arsenal | Sunday September, 17th | KO: 16:30 BST | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_everton-arsenal.png

Prediction

Everton 0-2 Arsenal

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
I thought the guys controlled the game well today. Well-defended front to back, although Everton didn’t really look like they wanted to play football.
I’m no rules expert, but Martinelli’s goal has to stand, doesn’t it? I don’t understand how that’s offside.
I’m seriously sick of watching teams manhandle Saka every single game with no real consequences. I thought the league protected English superstars.
Finally, Trossard’s world class finish reminds us how much attacking talent we have. I don’t believe we’re gonna struggle to score goals all season.

Tom Mix

I wish this talk of dropping would disappear. It's a squad game ffs. You gave a spine but you also have players for games and you have 16 players who can participate in a game. There's no point in having a strong bench if the players are kept sat on it.

For example, I'd be very tempted to start Kiwior against PSV and keep Saliba on the bench, Tross for Martin and start with Nelson or ESR against PSV. Good to keep the opponents guessing and the players on their toes and knowing they have a chance to play. And keep the freshness for the game against the arch-enemy.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
But why do you always do this? Deliberately ignore important factors when you make your points?

When last did we win at Everton, and what are the reasons for that? An absolutely **** team, who were also quite **** at the end of last season, put 5 goals past full attacking flow Brighton toward's that season's end. Do you understand why that happened, particularly looking at the way Brighton play?

Sometimes its important to apply context bro.

That Brighton win was a freak result. I don’t see why our poor form at Goodson is a factor. A bad team is a bad team, Everton are a bad team.

Trossard’s shot goes in off the post and it’s all “solid away win against low block”. That shot is 5 inches to the left and it’s meltdown cos we played a sh*te team and couldn’t create enough attacking chances.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Think our attack has become a bit predictable. Remember last season that Martinelli at times would come out to the right to combine with Saka, this would cause trouble for opposition.

Hopefully when Jesus is firing on all cylinders again we'll see a more dynamic attack again.
It always looks predictable when Nketiah plays. Jesus is the difference between us being a good attacking side vs a great one.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
That Brighton win was a freak result. I don’t see why our poor form at Goodson is a factor. A bad team is a bad team, Everton are a bad team.

Trossard’s shot goes in off the post and it’s all “solid away win against low block”. That shot is 5 inches to the left and it’s meltdown cos we played a sh*te team and couldn’t create enough attacking chances.

The shot went in, happy days. Whether it went in or not, doesnt take away from the fact that it was a solid performance.

And no, it wasnt just a freak result. You get those results when you lose the ball high up the pitch against a low block with pacey out ball runners. The tactic works well, and it got Mourinho's 2005 Chelsea to 95 points.

There's context to football. Its not just Everton are **** therefore Arsenal performed poorly, that's just lazy.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

View attachment 18505

The rules of the game agree with you, but VAR doesn't.
So to me it looks like the rule says the ball has to be "in control". In this instance it wasn't in control, even if the player deliberately played the ball.

What a weird rule. The pass wasn't intended to Nketiah and the opposition player kicked the ball there, so I think this should be a goal. But it seems the rules are not very good regarding this.

andeoch1

That shot went exactly where Trossard wanted it to go - just outside of *******ds reach and in on the inside of the post - brilliant 😊

goonerfamily

Thought we managed this game really intelligently. When VAR disallowed our goal, it invigorated the Everton fans and moments like this can lead to a shift in momentum. Instead, we took our time and controlled possession and didn't become emotional. We killed the crowd dead.

Think that's an example of growth if you compare that to Liverpool (A) and Everton (A) last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom