• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League | Liverpool vs Arsenal | 27/08/2017 | 16:00 BST | Sky Sports

What will the result be for this match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASM

I admit that I'm a Wenger fanboy myself, but today was all on him. That was pure mismanagement. Ok we need a CM and maybe a CB but he had the personnel to beat this Liverpool team or at least come out with a draw. You don't put the best LB in the league (arguably) on the bench to deploy an out of form RB instead. You don't put both Lacazette and Giroud on the bench and start Welbeck. You don't start with Holding against Liverpool away after the nightmare he had in the opening day while the club captain is watching from outside. The leeway Özil has been getting is beyond anything acceptable. He is a waste of space and has nothing to do in this team as far he performs like this.

CHANGE IS NEEDED AND IT HAS TO BE DONE NOW!

sammy89

Spot on. Let's also mention that as incredible as that Barca side was, (and while they would absolutely have won the league in England) that style of play is much less conducive to English football. Literally every team that has won the league since our Invincibles has played like the Invincibles. They may not have been as talented but they have all played the same style of strong, physical, fast counter attacking football. That is the blueprint for victory in England. We invented it. Instead of embracing it, we run from it.
Hopefully with Real Madrid set to dominate for a few years, Wenger might eventually copy their style. Tiki taka was a flash in the pan of football history.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
It sickened me watching the game and thinking how much better we'd be with a Jordan Henderson in our side. Not technically gifted, not especially quick but does his very simple job to the absolute letter and organizes those around him to do the same. So very simple and yet something that has been missing since Vieira left. Football is such a basic game that we make look so difficult on days like this. Sigh.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Hopefully with Real Madrid set to dominate for a few years, Wenger might eventually copy their style. Tiki taka was a flash in the pan of football history.
The part of your post that worries me is that Wenger will be here to have the opportunity to copy it in a few years. :(

blaze_of_glory

Gary Neville pinpointed Özil straight away during parts of the game.

Most Arsenal game I've watched with him on commentary, he's always had a tendency to criticise him.

I'm not sure, what he has against him but why he's not mentioning Ox jogging back. Hmmm it could be because he's part of the England setup.
Neville is a clueless Manc **** who looks like the spawn of giant rodents. That's the thing.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

That fourth goal really f*cked me off. Yes it was a quality cross from Salah I think but it was pretty disgusting from Koscielny.

Seeing him wearing the captain's armband after essentially turning and watching Sturridge put it in the net made me pretty angry.

Lookin' for a new Baby

New name pending...
At times we looked like school boys on a park field, just sticking a foot out in our penalty area hoping rather than management that the ball would ping to a team mate. Usually it went to the opposition. The first goal came from us losing the ball when coming out of defence. We did that several times. For one of their goals there was not one payer in our half except Cech when they broke away. Zero shots on target says it all.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Neville lays the blame firmly on the players as an ex pto himself.
He called out Ox,Özil,Alexis,Xhaka and Ramsey especially accusing them of failing to do the most basic of things-like running back.
I'd happily sell them all right now.

Neville needs to ask himself why the players keep failing to do the basics, why this is tolerated at Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom