• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: QPR v Arsenal, 4/3/15, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The Jury said:
GUNNERS4L1FE said:
Too nervous to watch in fullscreen.

:lol: god knows why, but im the same. kept it small in those final few minutes.
I put soccer saturday on and put my stream on mute.

Was waiting for a GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL shout in our game, ****ting myself. :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Gabriel out for 3 weeks wenger said he has a hamstring problem it's so typical for Arsenal these days Ramsey just back from hamstring injury kept him out 3 weeks now Gabriel taking his place.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Jury said:
FWIW, Ive not seen anything to suggest we should persist with this setup. I'd still go back to the side that beat City in a blink. That's the best team performance of the season, and the one that looked the most convincing.

This 'streak' is like watching Man Utds of last month. Massively unconvincing.

That game against City was also our third clean sheet in a row. We were very convincing against Hull and in particular, Stoke before that. We were finding a rythmn. You could see that swagger in the way we started the match at Brighton after beating City. We confirmed that by destroying Villa in the following match.

The wheels started to come off performance wise because we reverted to old habits and Wenger started to mess with the balance of midfield and attack, leaving Coquelin exposed. The run of good form came after that shocker at Southampton after which Szcesney was dropped.

Ecstatic with the win but it will say more about the state of English football than us if we can finish 3rd playing like this. Coquelin was a bonus - upgrade on Flamini. But now everyone around him is using him as an excuse not to defend properly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Big Poppa said:
The Jury said:
FWIW, Ive not seen anything to suggest we should persist with this setup. I'd still go back to the side that beat City in a blink. That's the best team performance of the season, and the one that looked the most convincing.

This 'streak' is like watching Man Utds of last month. Massively unconvincing.

That game against City was also our third clean sheet in a row. We were very convincing against Hull and in particular, Stoke before that. We were finding a rythmn. You could see that swagger in the way we started the match at Brighton after beating City. We confirmed that by destroying Villa in the following match.

The wheels started to come off performance wise because we reverted to old habits and Wenger started to mess with the balance of midfield and attack, leaving Coquelin exposed. The run of good form came after that shocker at Southampton after which Szcesney was dropped.

Ecstatic with the win but it will say more about the state of English football than us if we can finish 3rd playing like this. Coquelin was a bonus - upgrade on Flamini. But now everyone around him is using him as an excuse not to defend properly.

Yeah it wasnt just the City game. Those games leading up to it saw us looking solid and, as you say, appearing to find a rhythm and a way. I wont even mention names of players, but the inclusion of another creative player fvcked it up. We've looked dodgy ever since.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, the best thing about this match was Alexis and Bellerin.

Alexis really took it to them and this is good to see ahead of the ManU match.

Bellerin has turned into a quality RB and that is good to see.

Offensively, we looked pretty dull, and despite Giroud getting a goal I think he could have offered more. But the goal will do is confidence a world of good and hopefully he'll put in a good performance against ManU.

Coquelin had a really good match too.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Agreed about the setup against City. That was definitely the way to go with the players we have, but sadly some players got injured and others returned and it all went tits up from there.

I can't understand why Walcott isn't starting any games either. It's so obvious we lack an outlet, all of our front five want the ball to feet, but we have a very good player with excellent movement, yet he can't get a look in at the moment.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
burnsjed said:
Getting nervous yet Jury?

Yet?! :lol: Every game's a horrible ordeal right now. This should be fun... Im not even going to watch the Man Utd game. Ive seen every sh!t result against them since we last beat them, and I wont be able to take watching us get mugged off again.

burnsjed

Established Member
But you missed the real reason I asked!

The Jury said:
**** me, if we get maximum points of of the next four, I'll eat my own poo. That team selection/formation doesn't bode well for us. Ive said it too many times now, but it seems like we're in September 2014 again.

How are you going to prepare it?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well due to all those crap performances and nailbiting finishes, it appears Im quite badly constipated as a result, so unless something loosens up down there, I may well have forfeit something else. I dunno, maybe a BK double whopper with cheese or something? Same thing innit? :D

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Chamberlain's reaction on the bench when we finally scored, ****ing love that lad.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Did anyone else notice when ramsey was subbed on and the likes of myself are sitting here thinking "oh good, sureing up the midfield", he then proceeded to make marauding attacking runs, overlaps with bellerin, and was found occupying some sort of deep lying forward position with 3 minutes to go.

Honestly...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In QPR goal i think Ospina should have done better, yeah Austin shoot was very powerful but it was very close to Ospina.

Iceman10

Established Member
RandomHero84 said:
Did anyone else notice when ramsey was subbed on and the likes of myself are sitting here thinking "oh good, sureing up the midfield", he then proceeded to make marauding attacking runs, overlaps with bellerin, and was found occupying some sort of deep lying forward position with 3 minutes to go.

Honestly...

It was something I looked at when he came on because it was a concern. Yes he made runs forward but overall he didn't do much wrong in giving the ball away cheaply or leaving us in vulnerable situations. I felt he did ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom