• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Stoke City v Arsenal - 6/12/14, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
no offense, but we should be able to beat Stoke even with Poldi & Joel playing.

("should" being the key word.. but we all know how that goes)

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Curious how Wenger handles this, we are building a bit of momentum

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
GDeep said:
Horrible game, so hear me out.

We rest our key players for this and Galatasaray. Give Danny and his legs a rest for two games, tell Sanchez to chill for two games etc.

Just play Poldi and Joel in wide spots.

I would go a step further and write off this game, rest all our precious players and just play the guys we don't care about.

The rotating ship sailed weeks ago, or even as late as the other night. It's games like this that we should have been keeping players fresh for . Too late now. It's Stoke and our record up there is sh!te.

As US said though--we should be able to beat these with Pod and Joel. It's just not the time to find out IMO. Nope, Wenger has made his bed already unfortunately.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Have we actually ever won there? We lost there last year and drew the year before I know, I went to the cup game there a few years back which was really grim. Think we might have won when Aaron was injured and that's it.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

"Nacho Monreal may be out for several weeks having torn ankle ligaments" what..? How did I miss this?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/dec/05/Arsène-wenger-arsenal-alexis-sanchez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... is-sanchez</a>

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
**** me. He didn't do it against S'oton, so must have done it in training. Gibbs should be back though. At least the timing of these injuries are working out. One out, one in again.

Toast

Established Member
The Jury said:
**** me. He didn't do it against S'oton, so must have done it in training. Gibbs should be back though. At least the timing of these injuries are working out. One out, one in again.

Sky Sports disagree.

Arsenal have a few injury worries before their trip to the Britannia. Nacho Monreal suffered ankle ligament damage early on against the Saints and could be out for a few weeks. Centre-back Laurent Koscielny will also be assessed on his inflamed Achilles.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9593248/premier-league-Arsène-wenger-says-arsenal-do-not-fear-stoke-city-players-or-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... rs-or-fans</a>

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wait Koscielny still isn't fully recovered!? Will we finally see Bellerin play or is Wenger going to start playing Flamini at CB?

Toast

Established Member
Rex Banner said:
Wait Koscielny still isn't fully recovered!? Will we finally see Bellerin play or is Wenger going to start playing Flamini at CB?

My money is on Wenger playing Koscielny until he breaks down (again). But with Monreal out and Gibbs not fully fit maybe we'll see Bellerin at RB with Chambers at LB?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Toast said:
Rex Banner said:

My money is on Wenger playing Koscielny until he breaks down (again). But with Monreal out and Gibbs not fully fit maybe we'll see Bellerin at RB with Chambers at LB?

So if god forbid Koscielny, Gibbs and Monreal can't play tomorrow, will we see a line-up of Bellerin-Per-Chambers-Flamini??

That's brutal, Tyrone Mings better be signed on January 1st, I can't take much more of these defensive options. It's like Wenger's trying to feed his family with whatever s**t he finds at the back of the cupboards.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Feels like the United game for me, predictable slip. Just don't trust us to go to Stoke and get a win.

Draw.

Pies

Toast said:
The Jury said:

Sky Sports disagree.

Arsenal have a few injury worries before their trip to the Britannia. Nacho Monreal suffered ankle ligament damage early on against the Saints and could be out for a few weeks. Centre-back Laurent Koscielny will also be assessed on his inflamed Achilles.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9593248/premier-league-Arsène-wenger-says-arsenal-do-not-fear-stoke-city-players-or-fans" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... rs-or-fans</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He was limping very early on after a collision, I actually posted that he was injured in the match thread. :lol: Must have been when he did it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we missing Kosh at this one we will really likely lose against Stoke i just can't trust our defense without him. i think we should not play kosh against Galatasaray if Hayden is fit to play start him against Galatasaray.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Fair deuce to Monreal to keep playing but it shows how much we lack depth right now. We now have less players ebcause we started off with less... its getting sickening, Wenger better be given more than ###ing 20 million for January.

entropy13

Established Member
Pies said:
He was limping very early on after a collision, I actually posted that he was injured in the match thread. :lol: Must have been when he did it.

I don't think this is a "collision" though.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The way we play makes me nervous of course, lets just hope we get across the line as we expect.

Stumbling through this season.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Stoke ****ing stoke. With all the talk in the media Wenger better have the players clued in and ready for battle.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Unusually I'm not too worried about this one, I've been worried for all the matches up top this one. We bullied Utd off the ball and they were shellshocked, granted we didn't capatalize on it but we are coming in to more form with a hopefully fit Koscielny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom