• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Stoke City v Arsenal - 6/12/14, 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I'm expecting us to play Sanchez, Giroud and Welbeck upfront. We need to play with some power and pace today.

Maitland-Niles travelled with the team today, remains to be seen whether he'll be in the 18 (We took 19 just in case Rosicky is unfit), but huge opportunity for him.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
@Arsenal
#Arsenal team to play Stoke: Martinez, Bellerin, Chambers, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Flamini, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis, Cazorla, Giroud

#Arsenal subs: Szczesny, Koscielny, Ajayi, Maitland-Niles, Campbell, Podolski, Welbeck #SCFCvAFC

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
No Kosh :( he is on the bench at least we are not risking him but without him our defense will badly suffer.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
No Kosh :( he is on the bench at least we are not risking him but without him our defense will badly suffer.

If we can get through today and rest him midweek we've given him an extra week rest. Bellerin's pace is something Hughes won't be ready for either. Looks like a plan form Wenger to have pace from the full-backs... he's probably going to try and get behind them on the wings and stretch their defence.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball
#SCFC XI to play #AFC: Begovic; Bardsley, Shawcross (c), Muniesa, Pieters; Nzonzi, Cameron; Diouf, Bojan, Walters; Crouch.

Stoke go with Attacking line up. Muniesa could be their weaker point.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
OK, I didn't expect that lineup!

Welbeck rested, Maitland Niles on the bench (!) and Kos rested too.

Looks like it will be Ox and Alexis on the wings with Caz in the middle. Good to see Bellerin FINALLY get a game too.

a_fourteen

Established Member
We are a little short with this lineup. Only three outfield players over 6 feet. Surprised he didn't pick Welbeck for height alone.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

F**k me that bench...

Anyway I'm glad Bellerin's finally playing we'll need someone rapid to handle Diouf. Thankfully that c**t Adam isn't playing.

Toast

Established Member
Hmm.. not sure about this lineup. Good to see Kos is getting a break, although that probably means he just failed the late fitness test. I hope Mertesacker plays RCB though. He's even worse at LCB. Two teenagers and a half fit Gibbs as well.. big test for the defense today.

I'm very dissapointed Alexis is starting. The bench is very poor as well. Two players who aren't fully fit, two youngsters, two players who never get any gametime and Welbeck.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Good thing for us Huth and Adam aren't playing, this Stoke side doesn't look as nasty as it usually does.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Worrying line up. But happy to see Alexis starting - we absolutely need to keep winning in the EPL. He'll get some rest next week.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I'm not prepared for the stress that this game is likely going to cause me after the Chelsea game.

Defence is worrying, as I haven't liked the Chambers-Mertesacker partnership previously, and Chambers-Bellerin on the right is very inexperienced.

GOONER1991

Established Member
I want to see a good game from Giroud. He tends to perform well as a substitute, but doesn't have the same impact when starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom