• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Birmingham

The man of the match was...

• Jack Wilshere

Votes: 44 67.7%
  • Marouane Chamakh

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Abou Diaby

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

jay-d

Established Member
otfgoon said:
fabo said:
Diaby.......5......got into so many positions but slows everything down far too much.

What a load of bull, just your typical generic Diaby comment.

He was great today and was responsible for a large percentage of our most dangerous attacks, even if he lacked the killer end product in the final third.

Don't worry yourself Oftgoon, Fabo's already stated he had a very choppy stream today which is why I won't respond to his Diaby rating and commemt. It wasn't his fault he couldnt see the game properly.

asajoseph

Established Member
I can only presume Diaby and Chamakh are on that list by default? Diaby was admittedly great until the final third, where his decision making simply became beyond bad. Chamakh was ordinary, nowhere near Motm. Jack was our best attacker today, easily, and was also impressed with Song, Clichy and Fabianski. Centre backs also both Did quite well

qs

Established Member
Gunner_JT said:
Biggest negative point was Arshavin.
Really shocking - once more

Harsh, he didn't get any service on that left hand side at all, when he tried to get involved with play, our players off the ball movement was often quite terrible when he tried to pull things off.

For eg, once instance was when he flicked a pass on to what should have been Nasri but had moved into Wilshere's occupied space when he should have stayed in position.

How can you blame a lack of service? He plays the exact same position as Nasri (they each spent half at LW and RW) yet Arshavin managed 14 good passes and Nasri managed 51. Thats because Nasri looks for the ball, fights for the ball, made runs and when he had the ball he didn't try stupid flicks all game.

Arshavin was awful today. Worst player on the pitch and thats no ones fault but his own. He should be dropped.

qs

Established Member
Gooner_Milton said:
mo50 said:
What happened to Hleb? the guy looked lost out there. He looks a completely different player to the one we had a few years ago.

Older, lacking match fitness, and surrounded by unimaginative 'British steel'.

Far cry from the Nou Camp.

If anyone deserved to be derided for diving today it was Hleb. About all he did.

fabo

6.51 / 10
jay-d said:
Don't worry yourself Oftgoon, Fabo's already stated he had a very choppy stream today which is why I won't respond to his Diaby rating and commemt. It wasn't his fault he couldnt see the game properly.

Maybe I have different criteria for rating a player who plays in the AM role. I expect alot more but it's Diaby, he can't improve any more.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
mo50 said:
What happened to Hleb? the guy looked lost out there. He looks a completely different player to the one we had a few years ago.

Lacks obviously fitness, as those sh*t commentators pointed out once during the match.
That's why he was playing so deep.

jay-d

Established Member
fabo said:
jay-d said:

Maybe I have different criteria for rating a player who plays in the AM role. I expect alot more but it's Diaby, he can't improve any more.

I'll hold you to that ;)

otfgoon

Established Member
Yep, I think some have been harsh on Arshavin this season but he was awful today. The amount of times he gave the ball away would have been more forgivable if it wasn't as a result of flashy backheels and flicks.

Wasn't remotely dangerous in the final third either.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Yeah, it was one of those days for Arshavin. Offered next to nothing throughout the whole game. Strange player, Shava, becasue he's one of the most deadly players in the league on his day, yet he can still go out and put in a performance like today's. The mind boggles.

Gooner_Milton

He looked tired more than anything else. I noticed a couple of times he looked somewhat short on breath and slow tracking back. He started and played the full 90 mins for Russia against Ireland and lasted 80min in their game against Macedonia. I think his poor performance today can be attributed to this rather than anything more worrying.

I think Wenger will rest him, at the very least for the next game.

Personally I feel Rosicky has done well lately and deserves a couple of starts.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
otfgoon said:
Yep, I think some have been harsh on Arshavin this season but he was awful today. The amount of times he gave the ball away would have been more forgivable if it wasn't as a result of flashy backheels and flicks.

Wasn't remotely dangerous in the final third either.

on Andrey Arshavin's form...
Andrey had two games with Russia and today he lacked a bit of physical sharpness. He was never really sharp today.

Link

Should give a rest to Shava...lah...

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
Yeah, it was one of those days for Arshavin. Offered next to nothing throughout the whole game. Strange player, Shava, becasue he's one of the most deadly players in the league on his day, yet he can still go out and put in a performance like today's. The mind boggles.

He plays too many games. Played in every match last month and then again in internationals. He needs to have a break once in a while. There are few players more dangerous in the final third than a fit Arsha.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
It doesn't help that we have sweet FA depth at LWF (bar Vela) so if players in the team get rotated for fixture congestion, etc. He'll be one of the last ones to drop out I think.

yuvken

Established Member
I join qs comments, with the exception of taking a point off song and give it to eboue.

Klaus' options are spot on, and Rosicky would be another if he was on for a bit longer. I couldn't understand why that sub didn't happen 20 mins earlier? In fact, after the fat forward played so much intl time, I actually expected him to play a shocker - doesn't Arsène know?

Good time for Jack to rest, and better stop him like this than the way Aaron stopped, plus with cesc returning - it's not the end of the world.

Chamakh is fantastic. Who ever does not see it yet, play the second goal a few times, it may come to you.

And Jack MOTM. easy.

TheEconomist

Established Member
Song is a disgrace, seriously who told this guy he is a box to box dynamic midfielder?

so many times nasri and jack had to fall back into defensive midfield while this joker was infront of Chamahk trying to run off the last defender? what the **** is his idea?

he shouldnt even be allowed past the half way line, no discipline whatsoever, no wonder chelsea have conceded 2 goals to our 11.

jack motm, would have been diaby if he had some end product

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Arshavin just looked knackered. Didn't he play TWO matches for Russia during the break? I would have started Vela and played the Russian for the CL when he always turns it on.

Song is beginning to annoy me with his attempts at Zidane. Stay back goddamnit.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom