• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs ManC

Man of the Match

• Bacary Sagna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 36 40.0%
  • Alexandre Song

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 47 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Fabianski: 9

Sagna: 8
Djourou: 5.5
Squillaci: 6
Clichy: 7.5

Song: 8
Fabregas: 7.5
Denilson: 6.5

Arshavin: 7.5
Chamakh: 7
Nasri: 9

There is light

Fabianski 7.5
Squillaci 6
Djourou 5
Clichy 6
Sagna 7
Song 7
Denilson 6
Fabregas 6
Nasri 9.5(Did not put a foot wrong today!!)
Arshavin 6
Chamakh 7

qs

Established Member
Fabianski 8 thats the sort of performance that changes not just games but seasons.
Clichy 7 did well against Richards and made some crucial tackles
Djourou 5 got beat repeatedly in the first half
Squillaci 6 solid enough, good in the air
Sagna 7 did well at both end, bombed up and down all day
Song 7 shakey first half but was excellent when he opened up his play in the second half
Denilson 7 solid game, defended well and efficient passing.
Fabregas 7 still not in full form but Fabregas at half speed is still better than most players
Arshavin 6 typical Shava, some moments of excellence but still lacked the required effort and focus at other times.
Nasri 9 Outstanding. His goal was sublime. On the ball he was terrifying them throughout. He chased everything. Just a brilliant performance in a big game.
Chamakh 8 His hard work made a huge difference today. I was really impressed with him, possibly more than in any other game. Despite getting limited service and being marked out of it all day he kept his discipline positionally and never let his head drop, just kept working.

Kain

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Shue said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Djourou: Stepanovs
That's pretty harsh, we've just kept a clean sheet at a club who've spent hundreds of millions on top class players. I didn't catch most of the first half, but surely if he'd been Stepanovs bad we'd have at least conceded a couple?
Not a single positive thing we did defensively today was down to Djourou, unfortunately. It was the worst performance I've seen from an Arsenal defender for many years. Worse than Silvestre's entire Arsenal career. Don't take no joy i saying it either; I felt relieved when we got him back in the summer. This was just plain terrible though.

Don't agree, Ade was romping it down our left flank and Djourou timed his tackle to perfection a millisecond off and the ref would of given him a red, perfect tackle.

DK Gooner

Re: Match Ratings: City v Arsenal 0-3

Fabianski 9 - Did everything he needed to do MOTM

Clichy 6 - left JD exposed early on and not great in possesion but got better as the game went on.

Djourou 5.5 - Looks very rusty and a yard short of pace. Frequently got on the wrong side of the attacker and allowed City chances.

Squillaci 6 - Solid in parts, but together with JD were not cohesive enough as a defensive barrier.

Sagna 6.5 - Good but not really tested.

Song 5.5 - Was very poor today, goal aside. Very casual in possession resulting in City having a free run at our defenders. Was frequently the furthest forward midfielder leaving Denilson and Song to mop up behind him. Got better as the game went on, but has yet to put in a decent shift this season. Gets an extra 0.5 for is goal.

Denilson 6 - solid, but still returning to full fitness.

Fabregas 6 - OK by his standards. Pass led to the City red card and won a penalty. Fisnishing was poor today and not as quick in possession as he usually is, but another match for him to get towards full fitness.

Arshavin 6.5 - tried hard, but looked a bit jaded physically. Most of our play came through him and kept City defenders occupied. Unlucky to be given offside very early n when clean through.

Nasri 7 - Great goal and assist for Bendtner, but floated in and out of the game too much for my liking. Best outfield player and improved in the 2nd half with City visibly tiring.

Chamakh 6.5 - Was very good up to the point where he had to be decisive in the box. That could cost us in future games, but a big part of why we won today.

Rosicky 6.5 - Game over by the time he came on but did what he needed to do.

Walcott 6 - solid outing for the last few minutes and managed to get a couple of defensive blocks in as well.

Bendtner 6.5 - Great finish.

A

Anonymous

Was impressed with the mature performance of Denilson, Song and Fabregas taking those early yellows and still performing at a high level throughout.

MAK 14

Established Member
Nasri was fantastic. Offered everything we needed from a wide position today; creativity and penetration. He got a goal and assist if I'm right.

Denilson, Cesc and obviously Fabianski had very good games too.

Overall, terrific performance from the lads. Very proud.

lagos

Established Member
I really don't think Djorou's problem is rustiness, I just don't think he is an intelligent defender. I've noticed him commit really basic errors numerous times this season like continuosly allow the opponent to turn on to their strong side...that's just criminal!

giuliob

Fabianski - MOTM
Nasri and Fabianski were that quality. Fabianski for me because of the clean sheet and a couple of quality saves.

Fabianski - 8.5
Sagna - 8 All round first class, solid performance
Squillaci - 7 Whatever he's doing, he does it quietly and efficiently
Djourou - 5.5 Slow but could still be finding his feet and form
Denilson - 7 Love the new hair style
Song - 7 Terrible first half, settled down in the 2nd, great goal
Cesc - 6.5 Not a sparkling performance, although he was being roughed around in the 1st half.
Nasri - 8.5 At the top of his game
Chammy - 6.5
AA- 7 He can help out Clichy when he wants to, lovely assist

Rosicky - 7
Theo - 7
Bendy - 8

mo50

Established Member
Fabianski 9 -My MOTM, excellent performance, here's hoping he can keep this up.

Clichy 7.5 -Solid performance, other than Richards giving him a few problems, I thought he did good.

Djourou 5.5- Looks a little off, and was turned a few times.

Squillaci 6- Didn't notice him, at all, which is good for a defender.

Sagna 8- Attacked well, defended immaculately, and I wish he scored late on. Great game.

Song 7- Other than a wobbly first 30 or so minutes, he was very effective in breaking up their counters and scored a peach of a goal.

Denilson 7- Transitioned the ball well, worked hard but was a bit sloppy. Good game from him.

Fabregas 8- Other than that Penalty miss, he was simply breathtaking. Thank **** he didn't leave this summer.

Arshavin 6- Terrible first half, sloppily gave the ball away, but as the game progressed, he looked sharper and more lively.

Nasri 9- Excellent goal and a sumptuous assist. Choosing between him and Fabianski for MOTM was hard.

Chamakh 7- Needs to be a little more instinctive in his forward play, but he played for the team, and did wonderfully. Got the player sent off, and he seems a lot quicker than he was at his Bordeaux days, especially over short distances. I'm glad we signed the guy, great acquisition.

Rosicky 7- Didn't have much to do.
Walcott 6.5- I wish he had more time, but from the little sample, he looked OK.
Bendtner 8- perfect finish. Great to have the big Dane as another attacking option.

All in all, a perfect day out. Nigel De Jong is a ****ing terrible footballer. I can't believe I wanted him here in the summer. All he does is tackle and can't pass to anyone over 5 yards away. What a scumbag.

I'm over the moon.

Rorz

Established Member
Fabianksi - 9 - wonderful performance

Sagna - 8

Djourou - 6

Squillaci - 7

Clichy - 6 - dodgy here and there, (no help from Arshavin though)

Song - 7 - much improved second half

Denilson - 7

Fabregas - 8 - makes us tick

Arshavin - 5 - pretty poor

Chamakh - 6 - nothing special

Nasri - 9 - class display

Subs all get a 7, came on and played fine, nice finish from Bendtner.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
lagos said:
I really don't think Djorou's problem is rustiness, I just don't think he is an intelligent defender. I've noticed him commit really basic errors numerous times this season like continuosly allow the opponent to turn on to their strong side...that's just criminal!
Yeah, that's his biggest problem at the moment and not too hard to fix.

At any rate, I'm still happier with Mango than I was with Tweety for three main reasons: (1) he has the speed to make up for errors sometimes (Tweety had none); (2) while not great he at least can get off the ground and into the air; and (3) he can pass (Tweety was abysmal in this respect and would often gift a couple of chances to opposition).

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Timleaf said:
Ron Burgundy said:
Denilson: 6.5

No love for Denilson Ronald? I thought he had a really good game.
Meh. He was by no means our worst player; Djourou had that covered. He wasn't bad, but wasn't particularly good either. Song and Cesc outperformed him and overall he was pretty bog standard. Suppose I could've upped him to a 7, but not more for me. He's no Jack, that's for sure.

lagos

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
lagos said:
Yeah, that's his biggest problem at the moment and not too hard to fix.

At any rate, I'm still happier with Mango than I was with Tweety for three main reasons: (1) he has the speed to make up for errors sometimes (Tweety had none); (2) while not great he at least can get off the ground and into the air; and (3) he can pass (Tweety was abysmal in this respect and would often gift a couple of chances to opposition).

he's a 4th choice defender, so when one takes that into consideration one can't really complain.

There is light

You never know lagos, maybe like fabianski, djourou would turn a corner too, the last thing i would look to do today was be critical of our back four, which has for once kept a clean sheet, djourou's a 4th choice but we really should let him go after this season and buy another defender, having said that, he is quite good in the air as we saw.

dpt49

Established Member
Fabianksi 8
Sagna 8
Djourou Not convinced
Squillaci Not convinced
Clichy 7
Song 7
Denilson 7
Fabregas 8
Arshavin 6
Chamakh 7
Nasri 9 Brilliant
Subs
Bebdtner 7
Rosicky 6
Walcott 6

I know we didn't concede but our CB's didn't look comfortable, get Verms fit again and buy a top class CB and get rid of Djourou, he looked out of his depth

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom