• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs ManC

Man of the Match

• Bacary Sagna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 36 40.0%
  • Alexandre Song

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 47 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kain

Established Member
We need this Nasri from here on out, the Nasri today was the same player who thumped home them two goals against United which seems like eons ago now, ridiculously good player that can be the difference between three points and none. That's why it was so frustrating away at Chelsea a few weeks back when he didn't turn up, but he's making his mark this season working hard for the team like today. Nobody can argue against his talent when he puts in displays like that.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Fabianski: 8.5
Great save early on, and whenever he was forced to make a save, he did it brilliantly. The ball he didn't catch after City's corner just before we made it 2-0 when Adec**t headed over, was the only negative point.

Sagna: 7
Typical Sagna performance. Nothing special but he did his job. Solid at the back, poor attacking-wise.
Squib: 7
Shaky at the start of the game, sometimes not with the best kind of positioning, but he improved throughout the match.
Djourou: 5.5
Was disastrous in the first half, but stepped up in the second half. Still a not-so-good display imo, and I want him nowhere near our starting eleven in the future.
Clichy: 7
Only one error in the second half when Richards totally mugged him, apart from that a solid performance. He's slowly improving game by game.

Song: 7.5
Took a while to settle into the match (nearly 40 minutes), but he improved in the second half as well. I'd give him a 7, but the goal gifts him those 0.5 more.
Denilson: 7
Solid performance, typical Denilson. Misplaced not too many passes, but in the end an unspectacular performance. Did his job well enough.
Fabregas: 8
Good first Premiership game since recovering from injury, won a penalty (which he wasted), runned the show as always. He's the one who makes us clicking.

Nasri: 9 MOTM
Great goal, brilliant build up play with Arsh before that, good movement, found a great balance between slowing the game down and increasing the tempo.
Assisted Bendy's third as well.
Arsh: 7
One of his better performances, assisted Nasri's opener, worked defensively as well. Lacked penetration in the box when he had the chance to kill the game off in the second half.
Chamakh: 7
Won the red card for City (don't know if that makes sense), worked defensively as well and dropped to the wings from time to time. Should have done better when he had the chance to score after Fabs' run.

Rozza, Theo and Bendy came too late on to judge them.

Arsène: 8
He has found the right words during the break, to avoid us getting lacklustre in the second half.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Fabs-8 Really good apart from a shaky moment in the second half

Sagna-7
Squaely-7
DJ- 3 first half 6 second half
Clichy-6

Song-7
Fabs-7
Denilson-6

Nas-7
Shava-6
Chamack-6.5

Subs

Theo-6
Bendy-7
Rozza-6

Danni

Fabianski: Excellent from the Pole. He made some outstanding saves to keep us in the game. Hopefully it'll continue. 9

Sagna: Was defensively solid - isn't he always? 8

Djourou: He was all over the place, and I was surprised that we kept a clean-sheet with his performance (most noticeably in the 1st half). 4

Squillaci: Not much better than Djourou, unfortunately. 4

Clichy: Gael made a few mistakes at the back, but I thought he did rather well in attack which was unlike him. 7

Song: His positional awareness was quite horrendous in the 1st half, but he broke up the play very well in the 2nd half and produced a great finish to kill the game. 7

Fabregas: Lacklustre penalty, but overall played to his usual standards. 8

Denilson: Denilson did what I expected him to do - to clean up for Alex Song and distribute the ball to our talented 'attackers'... He kept the ball well to bring the spice out the game late on. 7

Arshavin: Had a hand in the opening goal and came into life in the 2nd half, but it was yet another average display. 6

Chamakh: Made some intelligent runs and ran his heart out, but his first touch still needs to improve. 7

Nasri: We're starting to see the best out of Samir. I think everyone here knows how well he played! 9

Great win!

Segway

Fabianski 8.5 - Flawless

Sagna 7 - Solid defensively and came forward well. Put in a good cross which Djourou should have converted to a goal.
Squillaci 7 - In one on ones he looks mean. Helped us to a clean sheet. Well done.
Djourou 5 - Missed a sitter. His timing on some of his interceptions was cringeworthy which gave City some decent opportunities.
Clichy 7 - Not much to put on a finger on in his case.

Denilson 7.5 - Very disciplined, tidy performance. Worked hard, tackled well and took part in some neat combination play.
Song 8 - Looked a bit cumbersome in the 1st half but controlled the midfield in the 2nd half expertly. Took his goal well. T'rfic.
Cesc 7 - Covered every blaze of grass but missed a penalty and some of his passes were a bit off. Still a very accomplished performance from the captain.

Nasri 9 MOTM - Combined well, dribbled with purpose and scored a beautiful goal. He just kept going to the final whistle and put Nick through after some brilliant play on the ball. So clever.
Chamakh 7.5 - Worked really hard and was effective when on the ball, distrubuting well. Perhaps he should have scored but he was pivotal to our victory today.
Arshavin 5 - We're still waiting for the real Arshavin to stand up.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Fabianski 9

Sagna 8 - Thought he was outstanding, like the Sagna of 07/08
Squillaci 7 - Mostly reliable
Djourou 5 - Dodgy
Clichy 6 - Poor first half, much better in the second

Song 7 - Like Clichy + a crucial goal
Denilson 7 - Excellent in the second half
Fabregas 8 - Would have been more if he scored the peno, could have been a costly miss but his performance wasn't affected in any way

Arshavin 6 - Bit meh but got the assist
Chamakh 6 - Bit meh
Nasri 9 MOTM - He's stepping up big time this season, delighted with him

Rosicky 6
Bendtner 7
Theo 6

Terrific win, much needed confidence boost.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
lagos said:
he's a 4th choice defender, so when one takes that into consideration one can't really complain.
Indeed. On the other side, I've been more than impressed with Squid (and his babysitting) these past few games.

Herbert Chapman

Shue said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Djourou: Stepanovs
That's pretty harsh, we've just kept a clean sheet at a club who've spent hundreds of millions on top class players. I didn't catch most of the first half, but surely if he'd been Stepanovs bad we'd have at least conceded a couple?

guess you didnt notice Clichy was leaving Dj exposed tine and time again.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
The centreback is expected to cover for Clichy when he goes forward. I don't see why Djourou should be cut some slack when he was five yards away from the man he was marking in every situation. Clichy did nothing wrong at all. He didn't sell Djourou short at any time. It was a tactical pattern and Djourou failed to execute it.

Brilliant piece of statistic from Opta today, by the way:
Wayne Bridge has made 49 crosses in the Premier League since the start of last season. Not one has reached a team-mate.

Herbert Chapman

There is light said:
You never know lagos, maybe like fabianski, djourou would turn a corner too, the last thing i would look to do today was be critical of our back four, which has for once kept a clean sheet, djourou's a 4th choice but we really should let him go after this season and buy another defender, having said that, he is quite good in the air as we saw.

He will be a class defender, mark my words.

ricky1985

Established Member
Fabianski - 9. Two brilliant saves, and a few more very good ones. He's playing like a proper goalkeeper right now.

Sagna - 8. Never really troubled, juts too good for them defensively.

Squillaci - 7. Did little wrong.

Djourou - 6. Horrible start, all over the place, but grew into the game, and was pretty good second half.

Clichy - 6. Again, a horrible start, positioning was atrocious, but got it together and was pretty good thereafter. Put in one absolutely brilliant cross.

Song - 8. Best game of the season. Won so many tackles, especially second half. Still had some loose moments, but he worked tirelessly and passed the ball really well when we got on top. Great, great goal too.

Denilson - 7. Solid without being spectacular. Passed it quickly and accurately, but lost a few too many tackles for my liking. MUCH rather have him there over Diaby though - really hoping Wenger has realised brute force is always secondary to brains and technique.

Fabregas - 7. Outrageously good start to the game, but was kicked out of the game a little, until we got on top second half, where his quick passing and moving was absolutely killing them. Knew he was gonna miss the penalty - he absolutely telegraphed it.

Nasri - 9. What a simply brilliant performance. Did he give the ball away once? His touch, his passing, his dribbling, his finishing, all absolutely top class. What a player! MOTM.

Arshavin - 5. Great return pass to set Nasri up, but didn't do much else of note.

Chamakh - 8. Again, what a player! Just gave them constant problems from start to finish, and again with a decisive moment that contributed greatly to us winning the game.

Subs

Rosicky - 6. Slotted in nicely, and worked hard.

Walcott - 6. Looked lively and dangerous.

Bendtner - 7. Great finish. Very calm.

Very, very pleasing day. Really well done Arsenal!

Herbert Chapman

Klaus Daimler said:
The centreback is expected to cover for Clichy when he goes forward. I don't see why Djourou should be cut some slack when he was five yards away from the man he was marking in every situation. Clichy did nothing wrong at all. He didn't sell Djourou short at any time. It was a tactical pattern and Djourou failed to execute it.

Tactics ? Wenger? Dont make me laugh :p

But seriously, clichy its a target, most attacks come from the opposition right wing, if Dj is attempting a tackle on the touchline it is because the left back is out of position, dont get me wrong, he could have covered those situations much better than he did and come out smelling of roses but calling the the guy stepanovs and ignoring clichys contribution to him having to make those challenges is short sighted.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
I'm not talking about tackles on the touchline. I'm talking about Djourou getting turned inside out by Micah Richards - who he clearly tried to mark - half a dozen time within the first thirty minutes. They got a free go at goal every time too and Fabianski had to bail us out twice with immense saves. It was like watching a car crash, only more horrific. Clichy had no fault there. Suggesting that he did is just outrageous. It's fully possible that Djourou will turn into a class defender in the future but it doesn't make his performance today any better.

MAK 14

Established Member
Was it just me, or did Nasri take more set pieces than he usually does today? I was quite surprised to see him taking the majority of the corners with Cesc hanging on the edge of the box.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He did, didn't he? Did a pretty poor job too. We really need to get better at set-pieces. We blame the box players an awful lot but it doesn't really help when every corner is either aimed at the first post or drops safely into the arms of the keeper.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom