• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Newcastle

Man of the Match was...

• Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 28 47.5%
  • Theo Walcott

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Wojciech Szczesny

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Nicklas Bendtner

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Scznesny 8 - What an immense talent. I can't ****ing believe we didn't play him ahead of Almunia. Hindsight is a great thing, but we really should have taken the gamble.
Eboue 7 - Good utility display
Koscielny 8 - Solid, dead solid
Djourou 6 - At times, Oh dear.
Gibbs N.A - Hopes he's okay
Eastmond 6.5 - Still not impressed
Denilson 6
Rosicky 7
Vela 6 - Still can't play on the wings.
Walcott 8 - 2 great goals, superb finish
Bendtner 7.5

Sagna 7
Cesc 7
JET N.A

Y va marquer

Established Member
Clrnc

It probably wouldn't have been a real gamble to play him ahead of Al :)

He looked impressive this evening

I know I mentioned it before but that punch at the end was mighty! Well clear of danger.

Eirico

Clrnc said:
Scznesny 8 - What an immense talent. I can't ******* believe we didn't play him ahead of Almunia. Hindsight is a great thing, but we really should have taken the gamble.
Eboue 7 - Good utility display
Koscielny 8 - Solid, dead solid
Djourou 6 - At times, Oh dear.
Gibbs N.A - Hopes he's okay
Eastmond 6.5 - Still not impressed
Denilson 6
Rosicky 7
Vela 6 - Still can't play on the wings.
Walcott 8 - 2 great goals, superb finish
Bendtner 7.5

Sagna 7
Cesc 7
JET N.A

But he certainly can't play as a striker. In our current formation, playing on the wings is his only option. I think we should loan him out to a club in January who want to use him wide in an offensive role. If he succeed, then great. If not, sell.
He's still only 21 but we have other talents coming through who would love to get his playing time in JET, Wellington and perhaps Miyachi (the latter two from January).

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Stand out matches for Theo, Koz & Sczczzzzzznny. Was diappointed generally with the midfield, whom IMHO didn't do enough with the ball and also with Carlos whom just didn't do enough full stop.

All round a tidy performance, got lucky with the 1st goal, the 2nd (well,what is an offside nowadays??) was well taken by Theo and the 3rd & 4th were also very well taken.

Theo is a deadly finisher. Which numpty was it that said he couldn't finish and he has no football brain? He doesn't half play bad for a zombie!

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Szczesny 8.5 - Showed again his quality. Has to be our #2 (atleast!)
Sagna 6.5 - done a few times but foulded by NC as many to get past him
Koscielny 8 - Solid, playing with Squil this weekend
Djourou 6 - Can do better, im hoping its just rust. But better in the Air then the ground.
Gibbs N/A - Harsh to give a score. Hope he's ok
Eastmond 6
Denilson 6.5
Rosicky 7
Vela 5 - Dissapointed
Walcott 8.5 - MotM, edging Chesney
Bendtner 7.5

Eboue 6.5 - Playing Left defence as well as could be expected for a Right foot.
Cesc 6.5
JET 6 - glimpes of him, but too little time to impose himself on the game.

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
At times, I had to remind myself that it wasn't Henry playing.
Was great to watch wasn't it. I don't see it being mentioned much, but Theo's close control looked outstanding tonight. Wriggling out of crowded areas with ease, first touch was sublime. And those finishes!

On the subject of Szczesny's punch - I think that was him making a statement. Almost like "you think I'm nervous? Ha". It virtually reached the halfway line!

IBL

Established Member
indeed, what a save at the end by Sneezy followed by that massive punch from the corner, thats how you get yourself noticed

otfgoon

Established Member
That punch was just immense :lol:

Walcott and Koscielny made me happy too.

Not impressed by Eastmond.

Invincible

Established Member
Szczesny is ridiculous. I haven't seen a young keeper this good since Buffon in his Parma days.

If we don't sign him up soon we'd be losing potentially the best keeper in the world for the next decade.

sagreig

I think that's taking the Szczesny hype a little too far. I am a fan but he needs to produce a few more of these performances before we can talk about him being our solution to the GK problem.

He is clearly talented but will Wenger play him? I think he will ignore him and stick with Fabianski who has been doing well recently in fairness. If we win our next CL game and we qualify then I think Szczesny should play the last couple of games in that as well as starting the Carling Cup. It will need 4/5 more performances before we can really start to judge him properly.

Invincible

Established Member
sagreig said:
I think that's taking the Szczesny hype a little too far. I am a fan but he needs to produce a few more of these performances before we can talk about him being our solution to the GK problem.

He is clearly talented but will Wenger play him? I think he will ignore him and stick with Fabianski who has been doing well recently in fairness. If we win our next CL game and we qualify then I think Szczesny should play the last couple of games in that as well as starting the Carling Cup. It will need 4/5 more performances before we can really start to judge him properly.
No hype mate. This lad is the dogs bollocks.

Bossa

Established Member
Invincible said:
Szczesny is ridiculous. I haven't seen a young keeper this good since Buffon in his Parma days.

If we don't sign him up soon we'd be losing potentially the best keeper in the world for the next decade.

You take exaggerating to a new level. How can you say this after just one game?

Invincible

Established Member
Just one game? I've been saying that since last year when I watched his highlights at Brentford. Szczesny is special, you can just tell that he's destined for the very top. Just like you would with Wilshere.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think Szczesny seems a good keeper (first time i have seen him ) but he wasn't exactly flawless in this game . Lets just play him in gradually . A lot of hype around here and it is just setting him up for a big fall .

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I couldn't watch the game but I was very pleased with the scoreline and Walcott brace. From arse.com pictures, they both looked like quick goals in Thierry style :)

Anyone knows when the draw for next round takes place?

I hope we get a home game against a lesser side. It's about time we get a favour in CC draw.
Ipswich, Wigan or West Ham at Emirates please..

Hopefully not an away match to ManU.

On the other side, hopefully ManU get an away match against Villa or Brum, to get knocked out.If Arsène keeps pushing with strong team in CC, then I believe only ManU could have a slight chance to knock us out.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Theo's goals reminded me more of Anelka than Henry tbh, Anelka when he played for us that is.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom