• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Wolves

Man of the match?

• Gael Clichy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Lukasz Fabianski

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Marouane Chamakh

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
sabret00the said:
Thought Fabregas sucked again. That is all!
Much better than Newcastle one. Don't forget he just came back from injury, don't expect too much.

Happy with the JD praise. So now have we got 4 dependable CB? To me, yes.

I'd say Lukazade is more dependable than our CBs currently, and I'd not be putting any money on him as yet. I'm not prepared to pass judgement on the CBs until I see TV back & how his involvement influences the mix.

Each of Kos, Squill & JD have their strengths & weaknesses & currently the mix determines how solid the performance = I don't think we can interchange at will.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Djourou had some outstanding moments. There was an occasion that the ball was hovering in the air, and he leapt above two Wolves players to head it away, releasing some much needed pressure off the backline. He made some really poor mistakes, like when he tried to intercept and completely mistimed his challenge. But there were also moments of top defensive play.

Lord Dula

Established Member
That block from Sagna was such a key moment in the game. Had he not made that it would have been a certain goal

dreamLord

Established Member
Fabregas seems to have lost the finishing boots he had last year. Should have had atleast 3-4 goals more this season - instead he's hit them at the GK or wide.

dave_rwr

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Hoya said:
I'm starting to believe some posters have it out for him.

Well don't, because that would be ridiculous. I've heard it all too often on these boards. When a player has been criticised, it must be due to some inexplicable hatred towards the man. Someone criticised Koscielny and Squillaci on the weekend, and some other poster wondered whether he had an agenda against them. It is nonsensical to suggest that an Arsenal fan would criticise a player without reason.

Not really... People do have biases and it affects not only how they think of the game afterward, but also how they perceive the game as it happens. It happens subconsciously and it's not easily noticeable. For example, I am still biased toward Fabianski (as are many here). Whenever he is jumping through a group of people to catch or punch, my heart flutters and I look for him to make a mistake. If he does well in that instance, he's "lucky" and "unlike him". If he messes it up, it's "his usual self". This kind of thing will come out in people's ratings, even if they don't really want it to.

Or another example, people will rate the exact same paper worse if it is written from a person that they don't respect and don't like than a person who they do. People have a shockingly hard time being objective and so it's not nonsensical that an Arsenal fan would see more faults in a player's performance than others.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Bias is only natural. I'm talking about people who claim that posters have an irrational dislike or an agenda against players. That they are conscientiously discrediting the player due to ulterior motives. It's that which I find incredulous.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
outlaw_member said:
Hoya said:
I'm starting to believe some posters have it out for him.
Well don't, because that would be ridiculous. I've heard it all too often on these boards. When a player has been criticised, it must be due to some inexplicable hatred towards the man. Someone criticised Koscielny and Squillaci on the weekend, and some other poster wondered whether he had an agenda against them. It is nonsensical to suggest that an Arsenal fan would criticise a player without reason.
And I still stand by that! :p (I was not involved in the Nasri-affair though).

brady_style has been having unfair and incorrect (IMO, if it makes anyone feel better) goes at them for a while now. Now, I'm not going to stoop to the level of defining what an agenda is or can be; that's between you and, I suspect, Google. :wink:

dave_rwr

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www4.uwm.edu/studentorg/soisorg/meetings/gr/images/Agenda.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www4.uwm.edu/studentorg/soisorg/ ... Agenda.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

??

I do admit I have one of these...

Glovegun

Established Member
Djourou was very impressive for me, looked calm and composed, but prepared to put in a hard tackle when needed. Havent really seen that side to him before.

Also glad to see Clichy just hoofing it out of play when he needed to. He has a lot of ability and when he can take it off wingers and turn them it looks fantastic, but when it goes wrong it inevitably leads to a goal.

Chamakh - probably our star player of the season along with Wilshere and Song. 'Nuff said.

Lazaq

Fabianski 8 - Not entirely convinced about his work on corners and freekicks, but what a shot stopper! My MOTM!

Sagna 8 - Solid throughout.
Squillaci 7 - Keeps cool, but fluffed a good chance in hilarious fashion.
Djourou 7 - Great athletic, but will he ever be a great defender? I wonder ...
Clichy 8 - Ye olde Clichy.

Wilshere 6 - Failed to impose himself and was part of a dominated midfield trio.
Fabregas 6 - Better, but still rusty. Reckless, stupid challenge as well.
Song 6,5 - The best of the midfielders (never thought I'd say that considering the line-up) and a fine assist for Chamakh's first.

Rosicky 6 - Worked hard and helped Sagna a lot. No end product to be seen, though.
Chamakh 7,5 - Two goal and great workrate, but sloppy at times.
Arshavin 7 - Much improved I thought, and actually ran himself properly sweaty! Should have scored one, at least ...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
dave_rwr said:
I should also mention about that last Fabianski save... What impressed me most about it is that last season, he would have made it to the ball like he did today, but his hands always seemed to be too weak to stop the momentum of the ball.

A great deal of his blunders last year were not an issue of him not making it to the ball. In fact, I would say that Fabianski more often than not made it to the ball, he just wouldn't have the strength in his wrists to keep the ball out when he reached it. I've been very glad to see him not only make it to the ball, but have the strength to keep the ball out far more often this year.

The last case when that happened, was at Carling Cup when he let a very weak shot from Keane beat him.

I was also very glad for Fabianski, when all the players ran up to him when Chamakh scored and on the final whistle. They know how important was THAT save only seconds before Chamakh's second. If that shot went in, it would've been same as when we conceded against Sunderland in last second of the match.

brady_style

I didn't see the Wolves match as I was working til 10 all this week.

@ AnthonyG
Having a go at them for a while now ?

I've criticized them after the West Brom / Chelsea and Newcastle games.

I hardly think that constitutes having a go.

this place becomes very sour quickly if someone dare to offer opinions that go against the grain of opinion of the more established posters.

Rather than engage in debates, these established members post silly pictures and then come out with outrageous towards the original poster.

Timleaf

Established Member
Our football was poor because both Wilshere and Cesc had bad games. They're our two play makers and niether of them was able to get the team passing. Hopefully we'll see an upswing from them both soon.

I thought everybody else did pretty well. That block from Sagna was immense. Chamakh stuck his chances away, SS brings a bit of calm to the centre of our defence, Arshavin was our main attacking outlet and Fabianski was composed in everything he did.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
@brady_style, stop being such a whiny little ***** (in the nicest possible way). Seriously. We strongly disagree, big deal. Truce!

Anzac

Established Member
dreamLord said:
Fabregas seems to have lost the finishing boots he had last year. Should have had atleast 3-4 goals more this season - instead he's hit them at the GK or wide.

Quite simply he's currently a goal scoring CM as opposed to a genuine/natural SS = he's the wrong man for the role / the role doesn't suit him as yet.

Anzac

Established Member
Shue said:
Some people do form agendas, for whatever reason. See Denilson and Diaby.

Also need to be able to distinguish between criticising the player & criticising their performance in the role they are assigned in context to the team performance/requirements. Each of the above has their strengths & uses, but are also limited as to the roles they are competant at - same goes for Song, AA, RVP, Theo, Vela = most of our players.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom