• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings thread: Norwich vs Arsenal

yuvken

Established Member
Anzac said:
RUS arsenal said:
Anzac said:
TV could have undone all his good work when he went on a run upfield from defence after we'd taken the lead;
Song instantly covered in the CB position. Nice to see the team on the same wavelength and showing good awareness.

Point is that it was unneccessary in the first place,
particularly as Song & Co had earlier started to drift further upfield around the final 3rd.
See your point, but I noticed what RUS is saying - amazingly, it was even more obvious with Santos, who knew when he just needs to stay back and cover. A bit early to get carried away, but it all looks to me like TV's brought in an entirely new level of communication and understanding.

The point of "unnecessary risk" could be generalized for the team (though I'm not sure the verdict would be clear cut in any of the instances): Chez stunts ("live wire" - as in "fixing the electricity with live wires"), Mert (he'd actually be an example of not playing with fire, till that sorry moment), TV as you said (I'm generally on his side though), Santos, Santos, Santos (and Song - though much less than the past, even Rambo has his share). But in general this team is moving away from self distruction, it's just not job done yet.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Just watching this team playing keep ball in the final minutes, keeping defensive shape and running the clock down, is a huge positive.

How many times in the past have we led by a goal, yet commit players to full attack mode in the dying moments of games, leaving us open to counters?

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Anzac said:
RUS arsenal said:
Anzac said:
TV could have undone all his good work when he went on a run upfield from defence after we'd taken the lead;
Song instantly covered in the CB position. Nice to see the team on the same wavelength and showing good awareness.

particularly as Song & Co had earlier started to drift further upfield around the final 3rd.
Yeah, but against Norwich every time Verms made a run forward it ended up in a great goal scoring opportunity (Gervinho's header comes to mind) so as long as others cover, I don't mind a little risk for those kind of chances to kill the game completely.

Anzac

Established Member
RUS arsenal said:
Anzac said:
Yeah, but against Norwich every time Verms made a run forward it ended up in a great goal scoring opportunity (Gervinho's header comes to mind) so as long as others cover, I don't mind a little risk for those kind of chances to kill the game completely.

I understand what both you and Yuvken are saying,
just that I want us to get the basics right & in place BEFORE we set about our freedom of expression. I'd rather be seeing our forwards converting their chances so as to allow us the luxury of freedom of expression once the game is secured.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom