• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I don't want another Iwobi situation where the guy is clearly a level below what you need but gets over 100 games for the club.

Iwobi is a massive success story. 150 senior game contributions & a 25-30m sale is the dream for an academy.

You would take that for any youth prospect... steady development, a prolonged run in & around the first team & a big sale.

Everybody wins.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Iwobi is a massive success story. 150 senior game contributions & a 25-30m sale is the dream for an academy.

You would take that for any youth prospect... steady development, a prolonged run in & around the first team & a big sale.

Everybody wins.

Maybe for the acadamy, but what about the club or the team?

Would Barcelona or Real Madrid or Bayern Munich accept that as a success? Hell no. They want to win every year.

Obviously we aren't on the level of those three teams, but it wasn't so long ago we were within touching distance. Look how far we've fallen. Were PSG looking to sign Iwobi? Of course not. That's how far we've fallen from the elite clubs, we think Iwobi getting 150 games and making a tidy profit from his sale constitutes success.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Maybe for the acadamy, but what about the club or the team?

Would Barcelona or Real Madrid or Bayern Munich accept that as a success? Hell no. They want to win every year.

Obviously we aren't on the level of those three teams, but it wasn't so long ago we were within touching distance. Look how far we've fallen. Were PSG looking to sign Iwobi? Of course not. That's how far we've fallen from the elite clubs, we think Iwobi getting 150 games and making a tidy profit from his sale constitutes success.

They make a killing on it... even more so as the club name carries weight on the back of success or a hyped up academy. Barce have so many youth products sold for millions round the leagues.

PSG may not be looking to sign Iwobi but they would love to be producing them & selling for 30m. Any academy would.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
They make a killing on it... even more so as the club name carries weight on the back of success or a hyped up academy. Barce have so many youth products sold for millions round the leagues.

PSG may not be looking to sign Iwobi but they would love to be producing them & selling for 30m. Any academy would.

Not sure you're getting my point.

These players didn't spend 150 games in the first team.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not sure you're getting my point.

These players didn't spend 150 games in the first team.
Personally much prefer they are tested here & can prove their level for either future contract or multi million sale. Iwobi is just our version of Denis Suarez, Bojan, Bartra Tello etc. I believe each got getting on 100 appearances for a great Barce side.

Iwobi was a valuable member of the squad when here even if not a star player or nailed on starter.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Personally much prefer they are tested here & can prove their level for either future contract or multi million sale. Iwobi is just our version of Denis Suarez, Bojan, Bartra Tello etc. I believe each got getting on 100 appearances for a great Barce side.

Iwobi was a valuable member of the squad when here even if not a star player or nailed on starter.

Look at the game Iwobi played at the Nou Camp, technically very strong . He was also without doubt our best ball carrier last season , would have been valuable this season . Granted his end product is all over the place we still got a very decent price for him .

Chaoz_Enigma

Look at the game Iwobi played at the Nou Camp, technically very strong . He was also without doubt our best ball carrier last season , would have been valuable this season . Granted his end product is all over the place we still got a very decent price for him .
Cashing in on Iwobi is the correct decision. Look at what he have done in Evernton. Well its a success story for our academy but as long as he is not on our levels means he have to go and go with a profit indeed. If you are comparing that he might have been a good ball carrier for this season, I think with how emery set us up he will have no end product anyways due to him already supposedly fulfilled his maximum potential. Would rather we develop players like Nelsson who is younger and have a higher ceiling.

Nelson himself if he was not injured he has the potential to be a good ball carrier, all ne needs is now a good end product at the final third. Furthermore, with Saka and martinelli, he has competition, and imo all of them can compete and improve further.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

He needs to go to the Championship in particular, I don't think Germany is the right environment for him right now.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Definitely a player there, way too soon to give up on him.

His technique is impeccable and he has shown he can produce at lower levels, just struggling right now to translate that to the intensity and level of the PL.
Showed good mentality to keep going as well.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Make or break season for Nelson, hopefully Arteta can get the best out of him, he really plays within himself sometimes, if he just loosened up and played his game he could be a monster.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Has he even had one good game for the senior side yet? I'm not saying he won't come good but saying things like 'he ran a lot', 'he didn’t give up' is just saying nothing basically.
He was horrible today & that's the truth

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Make or break season for Nelson, hopefully Arteta can get the best out of him, he really plays within himself sometimes, if he just loosened up and played his game he could be a monster.

Far from make or break.

Loan him out for one or even two seasons, and let him get regular minutes so he can get to learn what it takes to be playing week in and week out.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Lets face it, his time here all depends on him out performing Pepe, thats his direct competition.

He could come good but if Pepe becomes a world beater Nelson is still stuck behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom