• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Romelu Lukaku: Journeyman

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
still can't believe the special c**t let this guy go on loan and sign player like Eto. this guy is beast.

burnsjed

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
burnsjed said:
Given Lord DB is off, we have a spot open, lets get this guy and then see if Giroud heads back to France.
If so we should also be looking at someone who is already established, unlikely, I know but stranger things have happened!

:?:

dreamy, thought it was obvious..........

baccy_man

Established Member
We should do what it takes to get Lukaku he is so much more mobile than what we have got playing for us at the moment and he can only improve as a player.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
burnsjed said:
DJ_Markstar said:
burnsjed said:
Given Lord DB is off, we have a spot open, lets get this guy and then see if Giroud heads back to France.
If so we should also be looking at someone who is already established, unlikely, I know but stranger things have happened!

:?:

dreamy, thought it was obvious..........

Dennis Bergkamp?

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I actually think Lukaku will go back to Chelsea, he has had 2 great sesaons in a row and is probably ready to step up now.

He is everything we need honestly. Such a physically dominant force up-front, far more dangerous than Giroud.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

No way would Chelsea sell him to us... wouldn't even loan us a player.

burnsjed

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Dennis Bergkamp?

Sadly, my obsessions with the man, Dennis not that other fella, may (or may not) have played a part :eek:ops:
So you are not buying dreamy eh, thought you, out of everyone, would have fallen for that....

Iceman10

Established Member
ASAP Berg said:
I actually think Lukaku will go back to Chelsea, he has had 2 great sesaons in a row and is probably ready to step up now.

He is everything we need honestly. Such a physically dominant force up-front, far more dangerous than Giroud.

If Mourinho brought in Costa that would in all likelihood be it for Lukaku, esp. as Mourinho has actually said he still sees Torres having a future at Chelsea beyond this summer. I understand why Lukaku has been sent on loan, because areas to work on were first touch, decision making, and interplay, and to work on those you need regular PL football. However, there seems to be something that Mourinho doesn't like, whether it is technical or personal. There was a little spat a while back [1] when Mourinho said Lukaku was talking too much about his loan when Mourinho had explained to Lukaku why he was being sent on loan to Everton at the beginning of the season. The fact that there are noises in the media about Lukaku's agent talking to clubs suggests he will be sold, unless Mourinho has a sudden change of heart. However, Mourinho has done nothing so far to quell the speculation right now, and that speaks more than any rumours.

[1] <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/29/romelu-lukaku-explain-loan-everton-chelsea-mourino" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ea-mourino</a>

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

burnsjed said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Dennis Bergkamp?

Sadly, my obsessions with the man, Dennis not that other fella, may (or may not) have played a part :eek:ops:
So you are not buying dreamy eh, thought you, out of everyone, would have fallen for that....

:eek:ops: :lol:

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Iceman10 said:
ASAP Berg said:

If Mourinho brought in Costa that would in all likelihood be it for Lukaku, esp. as Mourinho has actually said he still sees Torres having a future at Chelsea beyond this summer. I understand why Lukaku has been sent on loan, because areas to work on were first touch, decision making, and interplay, and to work on those you need regular PL football. However, there seems to be something that Mourinho doesn't like, whether it is technical or personal. There was a little spat a while back [1] when Mourinho said Lukaku was talking too much about his loan when Mourinho had explained to Lukaku why he was being sent on loan to Everton at the beginning of the season. The fact that there are noises in the media about Lukaku's agent talking to clubs suggests he will be sold, unless Mourinho has a sudden change of heart. However, Mourinho has done nothing so far to quell the speculation right now, and that speaks more than any rumours.

[1] <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/29/romelu-lukaku-explain-loan-everton-chelsea-mourino" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ea-mourino</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All I know is I'd hate Lukaku to go to Sp**s.

Just to put it in context, he's younger than Sanogo, and has 14 goals this season.

Iceman10

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said this on the previous page:

"so if we're not prepared to go all out and sign that big worldy, then we'll have to go for the next best thing which is an EPL proven young player who is banging them in at a decent level"

This basically sums it up. Secure top 4, then we have a clear advantage over Everton (and Spuds). I think the Lukaku-Mourinho undercurrent is that Lukaku wants to play regularly, not on the bench, that's what the reference confirms also, and no matter how good Lukaku is I don't think Mourinho is prepared to give him an assurance of being #1 striker at Chelsea so that will be it. He was a bit foolish for joining Chelsea in the first place really, although some young players kind of had a mythical vision of AVB at the time.

In an ideal world we should resolve to get the CF signing secured before the world cup. Establish that Cavani, Costa, and perhaps Higuain, are all unavailable, and if confirmed not, don't faff around and put in a bid for Lukaku, at a serious but fair price, probably 25m. Either Cavani will want to leave PSG at the end of the season or not. Costa can be tested quickly by activating his release clause and seeing what happens.

Strategically Mourinho has slightly tied himself into a knot because he said he would have sold Mata to either us or City if we had bid the same price as United, even though he did play games with us over Ba last summer, a silly thing because we shouldn't have been messing around through to transfer deadline day in the first place.

What impressed me with the match on the weekend was his ability to interchange with Naismith and play on the right pretty effectively, that pretty much secured it for me in terms of alleviating any doubts.

DanAust

Iceman10 said:
What impressed me with the match on the weekend was his ability to interchange with Naismith and play on the right pretty effectively, that pretty much secured it for me in terms of alleviating any doubts.
Yep he showed Vermaelen a clean pair of heels a couple of times and I thought he and Theo together would be an absolutely wreak havoc on defences

Arsenal in Aus

I watched the match again last night, this time to just focus on Lukaku's performance. He really was very impressive. He showed good mobility, speed (not like Walcott but not like Giroud either), good runs, and of course physical presence. I liked seeing him on the right; it showed his versatility. He would be a very good acquisition.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal in Aus said:
I watched the match again last night, this time to just focus on Lukaku's performance. He really was very impressive. He showed good mobility, speed (not like Walcott but not like Giroud either), good runs, and of course physical presence. I liked seeing him on the right; it showed his versatility. He would be a very good acquisition.

If you are going to look at how well Lukaku played you have to take into account how badly Arsenal defended. Gary Neville took us apart on his analysis. We are unable to do the simple things that 10 year olds can do and that is no exaggeration. We didn't close down, move across, cover players, put tackles in or track runners. Any forward would have a field day against that. It reminds me of when Bradford beat us. People singled out Vermaelen, but our defending as a team was terrible. When a left footed striker cuts in side two players and has the opportunity to just shoot on his strong foot that shows you how bad our defending really was. Any other team would have forced Lukaku onto his right or thrown their body at the shot.

Arsène Wenger was once again arrogant, thinking we had a good second half against City and therefore thought we could just go to Everton and do the same thing. Did nobody see his post City press conference? The smug look on his face when a journalist asked what did you change from the Chelsea game, he said 'nothing', and smiled, then look what happened against Everton. We can buy Reus, Lukaku, Draxler, Bender, and Griezmann, but that won't change the way we defend. That is the most important part of football. Not how you can score, but how you win the ball back to score.

DanAust

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10883003/Romelu-Lukaku-tells-Chelsea-he-wants-to-leave.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... leave.html</a>

“You know Chelsea, every year they buy a new top striker,” said Lukaku. “I remember me coming into the dressing room last year and seeing Samuel Eto’o and Demba Ba and going, ‘Whoah! What’s happening here? But no problem. Many clubs are interested in me. At this stage, I have to look to myself. I have to play a good World Cup. That’s very interesting for all the players looking for a transfer. And I must be one of them. Chelsea know my point of view.”

We should be all over this. We could get 10 years out of him.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

I wonder if there isn't some sort of deal going on behind the scenes. Chelsea sell us Lukaku if we don't take up the Cesc option...we get our striker, they get their AM, everyone wins (sort of).

Hmm, as much as Maureen and Wenger dislike each other, they are both still businessmen...

Ah, who am I kidding, we're signing Loic ****ing Remy aren't we :(

Iceman10

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
I wonder if there isn't some sort of deal going on behind the scenes. Chelsea sell us Lukaku if we don't take up the Cesc option...we get our striker, they get their AM, everyone wins (sort of).

Hmm, as much as Maureen and Wenger dislike each other, they are both still businessmen...

Ah, who am I kidding, we're signing Loic ******* Remy aren't we :(

They obviously were talking with each other re. the potential Demba Ba loan last summer, but of course we all know how that turned out. Mourinho last summer was a funny character though, dreaming that he was capable of a "reboot" of sorts on the back of his relative failure at RM, setting out his stall for being able to stick it out at one club for more than a decade, Wenger-like, more chilled and largely staying out of controversy. He was kidding himself, and of course the relationship with AW has since once again deteriorated.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Lukaku would be a terrific signing for a club like Everton or Sp**s, or maybe for one of those Italian clubs. ATM he wouldn't cut it at a higher level because he's strong, fast and is a good finisher, but contributes little to build up play and is useless when his opponents pack the box and don't give him space to run to.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom