• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RVP (Judas) Interview

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm pretty sure one of his 7 points was to sign Ibrahim Afellay. I'd hate to see what the other 6 points were.

Didn't he get annoyed that we didn't sign Van Der Vaart before Sp**s...even though we still had the likes of Cesc and Nasri at the club, literally the one thing the club didn't need in 2010, was more attacking mids ffs :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Another former player that has no home to call his own, so **** him and the little boy inside him.

He could've left without the open letter and kept his mouth shut and enjoyed his league title with Man Utd. But he didn't. So, yeah. **** him.

Also, **** Ivan Gazidis.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
That 'little boy' comment was pathetic tbh. While he may have been either trying to endear himself to his new fans or was just being honest, he's saying it was basically a life long dream and Arsenal meant fvck all in the grand scheme. It was piss poor and inflammatory at best.
But, but the little boy was sat in his bedroom in a full Arsenal kit before photoshop was even a dream. I guess our dreams change as we age.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
RvP is the only player I despise for leaving the club. As @Notorious Big says, he was injured for years and even in his standout season, he didn't really play regularly until October iirc and left Chamakh to lead the line! His letter and the celebration didn't surprise me. I never liked him at all as a person. I raise a glass to Van Gaal for the ruthless way he ended RvP's career.
On another note, I do believe Gazidis was flexing his muscles much earlier than I realised. We now have to undo six years of his direct mismanagement and 18 months of his Emery rubbish in a transfer window or four. Absolute poison to our club and Milan.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Didn't he get annoyed that we didn't sign Van Der Vaart before Sp**s...even though we still had the likes of Cesc and Nasri at the club, literally the one thing the club didn't need in 2010, was more attacking mids ffs :lol:
Probably. He even told the Netherlands coaches that he, VdV, Snider and Robven should play and Kuyt should be dropped. He always had an attitude.

dridinho

Also Fabregas didn't wear the Barca shirt randomly, it was forced on him by all their midgets and that bald GDeep Reina.

Van Persie left directly to a rival, Cesc went to his hometown club, it didn't work out and he saw a chance to win the league at Chelsea...I don't begrudge either their moves, but Robin's was worse.

Robin had one really top season, due to injuries, but he still missed a crap ton of games over the years because of those injuries, you could never really rely on him...Cesc was immediately brilliant from 2004-2010, rarely injured and he carried the team on his back...sometimes we were good during his time and he had help, sometimes we weren't that good and literally everything went through him in that time.

Fabregas 09/10 season was better than Robin's 11/12 imo.

Put fabregas 09/10 in the place of arteta in our 11/12 squad and take out RVP for an ok striker ( like arteta was an ok midfielder ) and there is no way in hell we're finishing third.

Riou

Put fabregas 09/10 in the place of arteta in our 11/12 squad and take out RVP for an ok striker ( like arteta was an ok midfielder ) and there is no way in hell we're finishing third.

Fair point...still think as an overall player Fab was better in 09/10, but it's hard to replace a top forward's goals in a team...09/10 wasn't even Cesc's best year, it was 07/08, but was comparing years when we leaned heavily on those players.

2011/2012 was one of the few times when Arsène getting top four was really unexpected for me, thought we were at best 5th place that year as a squad, yet we got 3rd...our form in the second half of that season was amazing.

dridinho

Fair point...still think as an overall player Fab was better in 09/10, but it's hard to replace a top forward's goals in a team...09/10 wasn't even Cesc's best year, it was 07/08, but was comparing years when we leaned heavily on those players.

2011/2012 was one of the few times when Arsène getting top four was really unexpected for me, thought we were at best 5th place that year as a squad, yet we got 3rd...our form in the second half of that season was amazing.

Fair enough. so if you can only take one in his absolute prime in your team you would take fabregas ? I'd go RVP cause I believe that he add more than fabregas to a squad. By the way I don't think that we saw the absolute prime of RVP, it was supposed to be in 09/10 as I think that RVP 09/10 version was the best I saw of him but chiellini ruined everything.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Interesting, with RvP and Cesc both finishing as players and heading towards media, both in recent weeks have tried to put out face saving interviews.

Nobody at Chelsea cares about Cesc, and RvP is just another player for Utd fans.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Interesting, with RvP and Cesc both finishing as players and heading towards media, both in recent weeks have tried to put out face saving interviews.

Nobody at Chelsea cares about Cesc, and RvP is just another player for Utd fans.

Wasn't Fabregas just in Arsecast ? They wanted to do this interview with him.

Jae

Both Cesc and RvP could have stayed and been club legends. Now nobody from any of the team's they played for really gives a **** about either of them. Think in the cold light of day they probably both regret leaving in the manner they did.

Riou

Fair enough. so if you can only take one in his absolute prime in your team you would take fabregas ? I'd go RVP cause I believe that he add more than fabregas to a squad. By the way I don't think that we saw the absolute prime of RVP, it was supposed to be in 09/10 as I think that RVP 09/10 version was the best I saw of him but chiellini ruined everything.

Cesc, he was my boy back in the day...after we won the Community Shield in 2004, with Cesc and his ridiculous mullet outplaying Roy Keane, I was in love.

Not taking anything away from Van Persie obviously, easily the second best centre forward I have seen at The Arse, after the beautiful man in your avatar of course.

Regarding his injury in 09/10, that was a killer, especially with how well we looked in the first third of that season...I had Arsenal updates on my phone at the time, think I was playing Pro Evo with my younger cousin...I found out horse placenta had put Robin on the shelf for like 4 months through a ****ing text, which caught me well off guard, as I assumed I would only be getting updates on starting 11s/goals...my cousin said I had a look on my face when I got the text, that looked liked someone I knew had just died :lol:

dridinho

Cesc, he was my boy back in the day...after we won the Community Shield in 2004, with Cesc and his ridiculous mullet outplaying Roy Keane, I was in love.

Not taking anything away from Van Persie obviously, easily the second best centre forward I have seen at The Arse, after the beautiful man in your avatar of course.

Regarding his injury in 09/10, that was a killer, especially with how well we looked in the first third of that season...I had Arsenal updates on my phone at the time, think I was playing Pro Evo with my younger cousin...I found out horse placenta had put Robin on the shelf for like 4 months through a ****ing text, which caught me well off guard, as I assumed I would only be getting updates on starting 11s/goals...my cousin said I had a look on my face when I got the text, that looked liked someone I knew had just died :lol:

Exactly. RVP was my boy back in the day, since his very first control in his very first game ( community shield vs man united, he replaced henry if I'm not mistaken ) I fall in love. the skills, the elegance and the confidence. He was only third to henry and bergkamp among my favorites since and I really struggle to hate him until this day. It really frustrates me that his career with us basically wasted due to injuries and it ended in the worst possible way.

Kav

Established Member
While I am not going to defend RVP because he handled that episode poorly in my opinion. I don’t mind that he left, in fact it took him leaving for us to get Sanchez and cazorla etc in my opinion.

I just think that we have had poor management for a long while and I understand why he wanted to leave. That whole letter thing was awful though and I wanted to smack him when I saw him in a it’s shirt.

It is his career and these things happen. To be fair we kinda deserved it for the Sol Campbell situation.

Sydney-Gooner

Yep. He was on his way towards 30 goals and 15 assists in the league that season.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
2007-2009 we had a chance at the title iirc. I think there was 4 points between us and Utd in 2008. As many said at the time, if we had beaten them in the second meeting and all other results remained the same, we win the title. We could never rely on RvP to stay fit. Put an okay striker on front of Cesc and I think we'd have won more games as there were goals everywhere in the pre 2012 teams. Cesc was a massive player who gave his all for us, played through injury and with the passion of a local lad. I can't feel anything but gratitude for his performances here and whilst I don't like the way he left with the "strike" , I can't compare what he did for seven years to RvP's stellar seven months.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Top Bottom