• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

RVP (Judas) Interview

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He might have have had his own guy on the side, but I think the issue was that RVP wanted him at the club in an official capacity.

Even that doesn’t bother me too much tbh, I remember Cech got his mate hired as goalkeeping coach for Chelsea and tried to bring him across to us as well.

In the end I think Robin is within his rights to try and get the club to help foot the bill when he has to go to outside help to stay fit because the club’s medical department is such a farce.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Just so everyone knows I am not just picking on Aaron, I don't class the likes of Freddie Ljungberg and Gilberto Silva as Arsenal legends, they would be in the next level down with Rambo...my bouncers only let the elite of the elite in to my club :cool:

• Winning big stuff with us.
  • Being great player.
  • Being here for a long time.
  • Being, and playing a part of a particularly special achievement for the club

Think this defines legend.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Even that doesn’t bother me too much tbh, I remember Cech got his mate hired as goalkeeping coach for Chelsea and tried to bring him across to us as well.

In the end I think Robin is within his rights to try and get the club to help foot the bill when he has to go to outside help to stay fit because the club’s medical department is such a farce.
You might end up in another Kawhi situation though, where the team doctor disagrees with the personal doctor's diagnosis and it causes a rift between team/player.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You might end up in another Kawhi situation though, where the team doctor disagrees with the personal doctor's diagnosis and it causes a rift between team/player.

Yeah true, you can’t let every player get a physio on the payroll but you can probably make an exception for him in that case as it was clearly coming from a position of wanting to get back on the field again.

Reactions: A_G

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Interesting, whatever advice he was getting worked because before that he could barely stay fit for half a season.

Don’t most top players have their own physios and trainers though? Think Ronaldo has an army of guys he employs to keep him in peak condition.

It may be overboard for some people but its justfied tbh, pre-season is the only period where there is more time to refine sessions. The coaches in clubs are limited, they have to follow a club struture in terms of essential training and therefore during a training session they need to cover the repitition of usual training to ensure their players are fit and drilled during a chaotic season of fixtures. All high level footballers have nutricionists.

For those players like Ronaldo who look to refine their game further, Ronaldo has personal trainers individually tailoring his needs - for e.g. Ronaldo's leap isn't something clubs trains to Khedira and the rest of the Juve boys at club level, psychologists, physiotherapists, nutritionists (and even beauticians) on his payroll - all working on a common goal to ensure he is the greatest.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Didn't Diaby also move to his own fitness coach/ regime in the brief period he was able to stay fit?

Anyway, not sure why this guy feels the need to hide behind the technicality of never been offered a deal. It's like he's desperately trying to mend some bridges because he has no football home.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Fair point...still think as an overall player Fab was better in 09/10, but it's hard to replace a top forward's goals in a team...09/10 wasn't even Cesc's best year, it was 07/08, but was comparing years when we leaned heavily on those players.

2011/2012 was one of the few times when Arsène getting top four was really unexpected for me, thought we were at best 5th place that year as a squad, yet we got 3rd...our form in the second half of that season was amazing.
Even though Fabregas became the hero who bailed us out so often in those last couple of seasons, I never liked his game/position from 2009. He became a second striker and we lost something in midfield.

It coincided with the changing of our formation to 4-2-3-1, and 11 years later we still haven't figured out how to make it work.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Exactly. RVP was my boy back in the day, since his very first control in his very first game ( community shield vs man united, he replaced henry if I'm not mistaken ) I fall in love. the skills, the elegance and the confidence. He was only third to henry and bergkamp among my favorites since and I really struggle to hate him until this day. It really frustrates me that his career with us basically wasted due to injuries and it ended in the worst possible way.
Does anyone know where to find the full match of the 2004 Community Shield? I don't understand why it's so elusive. So many great performances that day - Reyes, baby Fabregas with the mullet, and Pennant played brilliantly too. No idea why he fell off almost immediately after that one game.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even though Fabregas became the hero who bailed us out so often in those last couple of seasons, I never liked his game/position from 2009. He became a second striker and we lost something in midfield.

It coincided with the changing of our formation to 4-2-3-1, and 11 years later we still haven't figured out how to make it work.

I agree, thought he was better all-round in 05/06 and 07/08...just in 09/10, especially after Van Persie got injured, where Fab was literally winning games on his own, even of the team structure became messy.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I agree, thought he was better all-round in 05/06 and 07/08...just in 09/10, especially after Van Persie got injured, where Fab was literally winning games on his own, even of the team structure became messy.
Nah, there were some patches of Nasri and Arshavin that helped us. Actually, he was a better all-round player from 08/09 when he added goals to his game. Before that, he was a specialized playmaker, one of the best in the world in that area of the game

Regarding Robin, we can only guess what was happening behind the scenes. Our opinion of him is not great only because he left us for our direct rivals and won them the league. I blamed him for a long time, but Gazidis and Wenger both did a piss poor job with almost every deal except bringing in Sanchez and Cazorla. Everything else was just poor and some deals were brutal. Maybe Robin actually had a better vision than overrated c*nt like Gazidis.

vantoure

Van Persie's departure, especially to United left a bad taste in my mouth. He was in line to be my favorite player ever (on par with Diaby). Was really fond of him (cue my username).

Anyways, what he says here just further reinforces the fact that Wenger didn't always call the shots or have his way entirely as naysayers are wont to accuse him of.

dridinho

2007-2009 we had a chance at the title iirc. I think there was 4 points between us and Utd in 2008. As many said at the time, if we had beaten them in the second meeting and all other results remained the same, we win the title. We could never rely on RvP to stay fit. Put an okay striker on front of Cesc and I think we'd have won more games as there were goals everywhere in the pre 2012 teams. Cesc was a massive player who gave his all for us, played through injury and with the passion of a local lad. I can't feel anything but gratitude for his performances here and whilst I don't like the way he left with the "strike" , I can't compare what he did for seven years to RvP's stellar seven months.

I really don't want to remember that 07/08 season. I'm yet to figure out what was clichy doing there at Birmingham. I really liked gael and I think that he was class for us but he still produced some of the strangest plays and behaviours I've ever seen in a football pitch. We have absolutly no right to choke that title.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I really don't want to remember that 07/08 season. I'm yet to figure out what was clichy doing there at Birmingham. I really liked gael and I think that he was class for us but he still produced some of the strangest plays and behaviours I've ever seen in a football pitch. We have absolutly no right to choke that title.

That's actually one of my favourite seasons to look back on as a fan.

Loved the manager back then, loved the players and the way we played, loved the shirts that year, lovely gold trim on the home one and that perfect white away one, grown a bit cold to The Emirates over time, but back then it was this stunning new stadium...even though we didn't win the league that year, I was proud of the boys at the end of it, what football is supposed to be about...being happy with your team.

It's either 2007/2008 or 2014/2015 as my favourite Emirates Era year, probably 60/40 the former.

dridinho

That's actually one of my favourite seasons to look back on as a fan.

Loved the manager back then, loved the players and the way we played, loved the shirts that year, lovely gold trim on the home one and that perfect white away one, grown a bit cold to The Emirates over time, but back then it was this stunning new stadium...even though we didn't win the league that year, I was proud of the boys at the end of it, what football is supposed to be about...being happy with your team.

It's either 2007/2008 or 2014/2015 as my favourite Emirates Era year, probably 60/40 the former.

I totally agree. But it was unfair not to win that title. Wenger deserved it, fabreags, adebayor, hleb and all the squad. they were by far the best in the league and they produced some ridiclous football. Had we won that title, our entire history as arsenal FC would change. That's the sad part.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I totally agree. But it was unfair not to win that title. Wenger deserved it, fabreags, adebayor, hleb and all the squad. they were by far the best in the league and they produced some ridiclous football. Had we won that title, our entire history as arsenal FC would change. That's the sad part.

Too many draws after Christmas, and losing games to Man Utd and Chelsea in the final months from winning positions was sickening.

Also excluding Paris that season had the most painful CL exit I’ve ever experienced as an Arsenal fan.

carlito'sway

Established Member
RvP is the only player I despise for leaving the club. As @Notorious Big says, he was injured for years and even in his standout season, he didn't really play regularly until October iirc and left Chamakh to lead the line! His letter and the celebration didn't surprise me. I never liked him at all as a person. I raise a glass to Van Gaal for the ruthless way he ended RvP's career.
On another note, I do believe Gazidis was flexing his muscles much earlier than I realised. We now have to undo six years of his direct mismanagement and 18 months of his Emery rubbish in a transfer window or four. Absolute poison to our club and Milan.

Totally agree. And this interview is a subtle attempt for RVP to rewrite history. He is such a prick and full of **** as usual.
He is claiming his love for Arsène but basically stabbed him in the back with his infamous letter. I am (and history as well, imo) much more inclined to look kindly to Cesc's and his exit for Barca than Van Persie's to ManU.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Totally agree. And this interview is a subtle attempt for RVP to rewrite history. He is such a prick and full of **** as usual.
He is claiming his love for Arsène but basically stabbed him in the back with his infamous letter. I am (and history as well, imo) much more inclined to look kindly to Cesc's and his exit for Barca than Van Persie's to ManU.

People are angry on Fabregas,because Reina put Barcelona's shirt after winning World Cup and when he celebrated title with his team mates.Imagine arguing with your team mates in front of the crowd after winning World Cup about that :lol:.He already said that he is sorry about that and that he made mistake.

Also,pushing move is something that player do from time to time.It's probably not nice,but what's the point to hold player that isn't happy in one club and wants to go somewhere else.We could play hard to get with Barcelona,because Cesc had contract on 4 years with us.Something that Liverpool did with Suarez in one season.He would go one way or another.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

People are angry on Fabregas,because Reina put Barcelona's shirt after winning World Cup and when he celebrated title with his team mates.Imagine arguing with your team mates in front of the crowd after winning World Cup about that :lol:.He already said that he is sorry about that and that he made mistake.

Also,pushing move is something that player do from time to time.It's probably not nice,but what's the point to hold player that isn't happy in one club and wants to go somewhere else.We could play hard to get with Barcelona,because Cesc had contract on 4 years with us.Something that Liverpool did with Suarez in one season.He would go one way or another.

How pathetic a man do you have to be to not calmly but firmly say no because you’re afraid of upsetting Xavi and the boys. :lol:

The mental gymnastics to absolve poor Cesc of any wrong doing are actually incredible. The guy didn’t turn up to the last game of his time at Arsenal to go and watch the Spanish GP ffs.

He’s got you all on strings.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
How pathetic a man do you have to be to not calmly but firmly say no because you’re afraid of upsetting Xavi and the boys. :lol:

The mental gymnastics to absolve poor Cesc of any wrong doing are actually incredible. The guy didn’t turn up to the last game of his time at Arsenal to go and watch the Spanish GP ffs.

He’s got you all on strings.

It was just moment when they celebrated WC title and really why would they argue about that ? Also,they put that kit on him,he didn't want that.It was a big moment for Spain,who would think about other stuff at that moment really ?

He made mistakes,but from what i saw,most people still respect him more than RVP,so your opinion about both is pretty subjective.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom