• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Sead Kolasinac (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Kolasinac was a Bundealiga team of the year wing back, we play 5 at the back. He isn't useless here. I want him sold, but he isn’t a useless player for us or a prospective buyer. We are just bad at selling players.

I'd rather lose him on a free then pay to loan him, but we could sell Kolasinac for a fee.

The tough thing is that you can't force a player to move to certain city and play there. The player has to accept it. They are not slaves. If Kola wants only Schalke, then it is the only option.

We have Tierney, Saka, AMN & Cedric to play on the left.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The tough thing is that you can't force a player to move to certain city and play there. The player has to accept it. They are not slaves. If Kola wants only Schalke, then it is the only option.

We have Tierney, Saka, AMN & Cedric to play on the left.

If Kola does indeed only want Schalke then we need to at least force an obligation to buy. If that happens, I have no issue with the loan.

truth_hurts

He’s on £120k/€140k a week, so €9m a year. That was the widely reported figure when he signed.

With bonuses etc. He isn't getting appearance bonuses from us if he's playing in Germany.

Ramsey was reported to be on 400k a week. That's been refuted. He scored a healthy signing on fee and has bonuses over the course of his contract.

truth_hurts

We are getting diverted though. Loaning Kolasinac and Holding is awful business.

As long as we bring in a top cm, I'm cool though. Holding shouldn't be anywhere near our squad and AMN and Saka have outperformed Kolasinac. Both players should be putting 15 - 25m in our transfer kitty and aren't. Let's hope it doesn't affect our ability to buy players...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
With bonuses etc. He isn't getting appearance bonuses from us if he's playing in Germany.

Ramsey was reported to be on 400k a week. That's been refuted. He scored a healthy signing on fee and has bonuses over the course of his contract.

To be honest I’ve no idea. I’ve seen those weekly figures reported as his base salary but the annual figure is €9m. There must be bonuses in that annual figure but not the weekly base.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We are getting diverted though. Loaning Kolasinac and Holding is awful business.

As long as we bring in a top cm, I'm cool though. Holding shouldn't be anywhere near our squad and AMN and Saka have outperformed Kolasinac. Both players should be putting 15 - 25m in our transfer kitty and aren't. Let's hope it doesn't affect our ability to buy players...

No team of Schalke's stature will buy a over 100k per week earning leftback, who has performed at mediocre levels. No top team wants him, and for example Italian clubs are not much richer.

Especially with this COVID thing. It's very clear.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

No team will take on Kolasinac current wage. No team will pay a mediocre full back 120kpw. You make it seem like it's Arsenal's fault that offers are not coming in.

The only teams where he's good enough to start are the bundesliga clubs and serie A. Most of those clubs are in financial straits. No way can they offer him a huge wage.

Shalke have apparently introduced a wage cap to to try and cut cost.

I doubt Roma have the finances to buy him and pay 120kpw. Eve if we give him away to them for free, they still won't be able to pay a player like Kolasinac that kind of wage. Yeah, it sucks, but it's the reality at present.

truth_hurts

https://futballnews.com/fc-schalke-players-salaries/

Who said that Schalke couldn't give their new captain 100k a week?

Roma' highest paid players are Dzeko and Mkhi on around 100k a week. They couldn't justify having a full back on that Salary.

We are simply pushovers. El Nenny, Holding and Kolasinac should be getting healthy fees this summer. Let's see if we get Partey or not...

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Roma' highest paid players are Dzeko and Mkhi on around 100k a week. They couldn't justify having a full back on that Salary.

We are simply pushovers. El Nenny, Holding and Kolasinac should be getting healthy fees this summer. Let's see if we get Partey or not...

They brought in a salary cap (2.5m per year) in July for new player contracts.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Shalke can't pay above 2.5m though.

truth_hurts

Okay. Then they better have a big signing on fee ready for Kolasinac!

Guess he'll be going there on loan and our charity act will be subsidising it. I wonder if we could send Özil there and pay 93% of his salary also.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Please break down the maths for me then. How do we benefit from paying 2.5m a year for a sellable asset to play elsewhere?

It's a dumb logic. We could save 10m a year by loaning out Aubameyang. That would be silly though, so let's loan out AMN an save maybe 2.5m a year instead of selling. It's a weak argument.

It's called creative accounting. You balance the books by substracting 9m of expenses while only adding 2.5m of new expenses. It's a profit mate.

truth_hurts

Truth Hurts doesnt quite grasp the current climate we and the rest of football are operating in.

Help me understand, please provide clubs in The Premier League operating like we are. By this I mean loaning squad players to teams either In the same domestic league or same European competition. I'm a lifelong learner and appreciate education.

You are presenting this as a common practise post COVID. Show me how Kolasinac is the rule and not the exception. Just a few Europa Level or higher teams subsidising loans for squad players.

I'm reading this as an Arsenal problem as El Nenny and Mkhi were loaned out last year and we didn't receive market value for Mkhi and are struggling to sell El Nenny. Holding has just gone on loan.

truth_hurts

It's called creative accounting. You balance the books by substracting 9m of expenses while only adding 2.5m of new expenses. It's a profit mate.

I get this completely. Where do you draw the line though? Would loaning Laca be a good idea? Let's say hypothetically we pay 45k a week to loan him to Atletico or Juve.

truth_hurts

Tell me which dross United are selling this window? Tell me which dross any club is selling this window. I'll wait.

I'm not a United fan, so do not know their sellable assets. The Sanchez deal must have been great for them based off the logic used in here.

I'd suggest that they probably could do with shifting Romero, Mata and Lingard. Let's see if it's on a loan without obligation agreement, with United footing with some of the bill.

This doesn't answer my question though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom