• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shakhtar Donetsk vs Arsenal 19.45pm Wednesday 3/11/10

Proof

Established Member
With Walcott, Rosicky, Bendtner and Wilshere starting, we should have no problems in winning, at the Dumbass Arena.

- Fabianski -
- Sagna - Koscielny - Squaillaci - Clichy -
- Denilson - Wilshere - Song -
- Walcott - Bendtner - Rosicky

progman07

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
Quicker than Walcott said:
Humble Rex said:
I wish for a Flappy howler. Can´t stand not knowing how he will react. Rather in this match that we really can afford to lose than in a more important match.

Also hope that Cesc is fit.
Lame.

Not really.
You are seeing things wrong.

A) If he goes on a bad patch, it will effect our next league games.

B) The longer he goes without making howlers, the lower chance we have of Fab breaking down after making one again.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Insane theory Humble. It's a psychological problem - surely if he makes a big error, if it's in a less significant match it'll prove and achieve very little.

It's not like he has to spend weeks recovering from "howlers" he commits during training sessions.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
I wish for a Flappy howler. Can´t stand not knowing how he will react. Rather in this match that we really can afford to lose than in a more important match.

Also hope that Cesc is fit.

What nonsense. Even if he ends up in a mental home after a mistake why would you want it to happen just because "you can't stand not knowing". If it happens, I hope its as far into the future as possible.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Here's an idea. Let's have faith in Fabianski to not make any more mistakes for a while.

TBH I don't really think he will. He seems much more assured now.

Humble Rex

Established Member
I am getting criticism, how cute! I still think this whole thing with Flappy is a waste of time. He has shown he is mentally weak, and I dont see that changing any time soon. Bring that mistake on I say! Force the issue!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Since when has he shown to be mentally weak? If anything he is much strong than Manny. He has shown many times in the past where he made howlers yet he kept going in the game and made some good saves later on.

Your logic is flawed btw. I have heard people saying they want us to lose so Wenger will buy players, that's still a little acceptable but this? Wanted your player to make a fumble just to test?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Humble Rex said:
I am getting criticism, how cute!
:lol:

It'll be just as interesting to see others' reactions if he does make a howler.

One just hopes that when and if he does, Flappy realises it's part and parcel of playing this position at the top level.

bazza_afc

Think we'll see the same back 5 with Jack, Rosicky, Theo and Nick in for Song, Cesc, Shava & Chamakh. I will be furious if Cesc even travels. There is Absoloutely NO need to risk him in this game.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Since when has he shown to be mentally weak? If anything he is much strong than Manny. He has shown many times in the past where he made howlers yet he kept going in the game and made some good saves later on.

Your logic is flawed btw. I have heard people saying they want us to lose so Wenger will buy players, that's still a little acceptable but this? Wanted your player to make a fumble just to test?

So Almunia is now the benchmark of mental toughness? :roll:

Eh, no. Wishing us to lose is pathetic. I wrote I wished he had a howler in a game that we can AFFORD to lose. Big difference. I always want us to win you know...

I want my team to be succesful, therefore we can´t have a mentally weak clown in goal. If he is not up to the job, which everyone was convinced he wasn´t just a few months ago, I want to know, and I want Wenger to know, as soon as possible. He has performed well, but can he still do that after a bad game?

G0D

Almighty
Anywho...

Feeling quite confident that we can wrap up the group on wednesday. Would like to see Cesc and Chamakh rested and Wilshere, Walcott and Bendtner play.

Nela

Established Member
Cesc and Song may not even travel according to a Wilshere article in The Telegraph. They'll have fitness tests tomorrow, but won't be risked if there's any problem.

banduan

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Your logic is flawed btw. I have heard people saying they want us to lose so Wenger will buy players, that's still a little acceptable but this?

That's not acceptable. In fact, it's probably even worse.

I'm hoping we get a win and settle this group. It's an important match. Shakhtar didn't turn up at the Emirates but they're much much better than that.

Rorz

Established Member
Another clean sheet is all we need here. I think we qualify with a point, and we're bound to beat Partizan at the Emirates to top the group. A 0-0 would be fine on wednesday for me.

otfgoon

Established Member
Humble Rex said:
I am getting criticism, how cute! I still think this whole thing with Flappy is a waste of time. He has shown he is mentally weak, and I dont see that changing any time soon. Bring that mistake on I say! Force the issue!

Given then reason you want him to make an error, I don't think you're in a position to call anyone mentally weak.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Humble Rex said:
Clrnc said:

So Almunia is now the benchmark of mental toughness? :roll:

Eh, no. Wishing us to lose is pathetic. I wrote I wished he had a howler in a game that we can AFFORD to lose. Big difference. I always want us to win you know...

I want my team to be succesful, therefore we can´t have a mentally weak clown in goal. If he is not up to the job, which everyone was convinced he wasn´t just a few months ago, I want to know, and I want Wenger to know, as soon as possible. He has performed well, but can he still do that after a bad game?

Why don't you drop it. Indefensible piece of logic!

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Rorz said:
Another clean sheet is all we need here. I think we qualify with a point, and we're bound to beat Partizan at the Emirates to top the group. A 0-0 would be fine on wednesday for me.

A point would be (almost) enough to qualify but a win keeps our streak alive and we know then that we are qualified and top the group. Then we can rotate and give some fringe players game time and experience in the remaining two CL games.

A hard fought victory for me!! Oh for a "1 nil to The Arsenal" away from home!

Humble Rex

Established Member
Nothing to be dropped. I stand by everything I have said. If you have a problem with it - that´s your thing to deal with.

Yaya

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_6482173,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 73,00.html</a>

"Alex Song has a problem with his calf which we will assess today, he has a chance not to travel," added Wenger.

"Arshavin has a problem and we might leave him at home and Denilson has a groin problem.

"The one that is definitely out is Fabregas, the three others will be assessed later."

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom