• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sheffield Utd Vs Arsenal F.C. | Wed,Oct 31st, 7.45pm | B. L.

-Shaun-

Amazing match-thread as always. Well done!
-------------------------------------------------------------

Starting 11:

-------------------Fabianski-----------------------
----Hoyte----Song----Nordtveit----Traore----
---------------------Diarra--------------------------
----Walcott----Denilson----Diaby-------------
-----------Bendtner----Eduardo----------------

Substitutions:

Almunia
Gilberto
Eboue
Merida
Barazite

Score Prediction:

2-0 to the Arsenal.

Also....

This isn't going to be an easy game. We can't go into this thinking that it's won, because we all saw what they did to us last season. They are a good side, and are very capable of giving us a good game.

Hoyte needs a start, and we are short of numbers in central defence, so I would partner Song and the ever impressing Nordtveit there. I'd like to see Diarra start, and it looks very likely as well. Also, Eduardo and Bendtner trying out what I think is an excellent partnership up-front. Diaby on the left, and the brilliant Denilson in his favoured middle position.

C'mon Arsenal.

number_0

Established Member
I would personally play gallas, so he can regain some game fittness, he looked out of depth since coming back, plus the say never attitude will suit the kids at the mud lane, and he will keep our defence fired up thoughout...

whookash
hoyte-song-gallas-troare
walcatt diarra denilson diaby
bendtner eduardo.

i really miss hoyte, i wanna see him more, maybe we should have gilberto there instead of eduardo, and hopefully bendtner and diarra keep their mouth shuts.
gilberto could play instead of eduardo for more steel, with diaby behind the striker or playing walcatt as the striker.

bad memories here from last season, but only hoyte and denilson from our second team were actually there, hope they are fired up for it

tam1886

Established Member
Shaun, one too many subs, and I think James Beattie would be relishing the prospect of playing those two in defence.

I was thinking about Hoyte at CB as i've heard he can play there in emergencies, with Eboue RB, but I cant see past Gilberto now. He is most able to cope with Beattie and I think Toure is going to be rested. It's going to be an interesting time when Wenger releases the team.

It's on Sky isn't it. Our games are like buses. None for ages now we've got three in a row on the TV.

j'nuh

Still havnt forgotten what our carling cup run did to our season and chances of winning either the FA cup or the CL so im praying we dont see any first teamers.

I'd love us to win it, but only if that involves not playing Hleb, Toure and Cesc ect.

Oh and apperently Nordveit is injured at the moment - and i think Gilberto might start against United, so i would go with this team:

Fabianski
Diarra-Song-J Hoyte-Traore
Eboue-Diaby-Denilson-Merida/Lansbury/Randall
Walcott-Bendtner

Viper

Established Member
Is Eduardo injured?

I'm puzzled why he is hardly getting any games.

I'm absolutely puzzled.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
wenger feels he is not yet adapted.

furthermore, he has been exhausted from his international games and was nursing an injury just before. or is it that, wenger got something up his sleeves

for someone like eduardo stature, losing his place to bendtner and walcott must be hurting

True Gooner

Established Member
Chaps, if Lehmann doesnt play in goal on Wednesday he will blast Arsène to another country :lol:

I usually care alot about the Carling Cup but the prospect of playing Man Utd on Sunday has got my head clouded. I dont care what happens on Weds

lee1001

Established Member
Regardless of whether Eduardo is fit Walcott should be starting upfront with Bendtner.

The boy should be on a high after Slavia and he strikes me as a confidence player. It won't do him any good to sit out on the wing touching the ball once every 10 minutes.

tam1886

Established Member
At the same time, it wont do him any good coming up against Ferdinand and Vidic and getting kicked all over the place by them.

Just depends on who he sees having the bigger part to play against Man Utd I think. And after Walcott's recent good form, he has as much chance as Eduardo so you can't really tell what's going through The Weng's head.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
physioroom is as reliable as Mr Talent Scout was.

I'd like to see

Fabianski
Hoyte-Song-Nordtveit -Traore
Rosicky-Diarra-Denilson-Diaby
Walcott-Bendtner

Rosicky does not look sharp at all, I'd prefer him to get another game, and I'm now advocating he move to the right side in first team matches to allow Hleb to play left, where he's been an absolute genius this season.

nidza7

Established Member
I`d love to see,but it won`t happen

Hoyte Eboue Silva Traore

Walcott Diarra Denilson Rozza

Bendtner Eduardo

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
nidza7 said:

Hoyte Eboue Silva Traore

Bendtner Eduardo

you want Eboue and Gilberto at CB??????? LOLOLOL

Eboue at CB... that's a new one....

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
MDGoonah41 said:
physioroom is as reliable as Mr Talent Scout was.

I'd like to see

Fabianski
Hoyte-Song-Nordtveit -Traore
Rosicky-Diarra-Denilson-Diaby
Walcott-Bendtner

Rosicky does not look sharp at all, I'd prefer him to get another game, and I'm now advocating he move to the right side in first team matches to allow Hleb to play left, where he's been an absolute genius this season.
this ia probably a likely lineup although not sure about Roz playing.. im sure he will play v. ManU, so i doubt he'll play at Sheff.

if Eduardo is fit, i think Theo may start at RM and Nik & Eddy will start up front.....

ibby

Established Member
USArsenal said:
nidza7 said:

Hoyte Eboue Silva Traore

Bendtner Eduardo

you want Eboue and Gilberto at CB??????? LOLOLOL

Eboue at CB... that's a new one....

Seconded. Pretty funny line up...also no goalkeeper? I know we are playing good, but surely not that good :wink:

Fabianski
Hoyte Song Nordtveit (if not, then Toure) Traore
Denilson Diarra Diaby Gibbs
Bendtner Walcott

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom