• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Slavia Prague VS Arsenal FC | Wed, Nov7th, 7.45pm | ERS

gunnerGH

Established Member
qs said:
It was one of Slavias greatest victories. Celtic have a f****g star over their crest.

Slavia also need to qualify for the Eufa, Celtic want to stay in the CL.

Why is Platini considering adding more teams from the so called "less priviledged" countries if they dont even aim to qualify....

henry79

stiiphunn said:
Oh and Song was quite solid I thought. Definitly a positive.

no he wasnt, he made a few mistakes where we could have been punished against a better opposition.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Was a bad performance...but it doesnt mean our second tier are poor.That exact group of players have performed well so far this season with players like bendtner and eduardo giving a reasonable goal return for their limited game time so far.
Its a blip....not happy about it..dull game, but it doesnt reflect on their ability.

Rocafella

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
qs said:
It was one of Slavias greatest victories. Celtic have a f****g star over their crest.

Why is Platini considering adding more teams from the so called "less priviledged" countries if they dont even aim to qualify....

Because these are the same tiny countries who voted him into power because he brainwashed them with his silly ideas of weaker teams going into the champions league.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
number_0 said:
JazzG said:
A very average performance, thought Theo in particular had a real poor game. You think the guy has made progress but today his runs and passing was really poor. That said I don't think most of the attacking players covered themselves in glory. Still we needed a draw and got it.

I hope Wenger takes a few better players to Seville because I don't want us finishing 2nd in the group. That said I don't really care if we get a harder tie or not in the next round

If we come first we will face rangers, celtic and the PSV's of this world, and get knocked out in the 2nd round or quater finals..
we come second we play henry's barca, the regining champions milan or real madrid, where we will then walk to the final and win it.

I know it doesnt make sense, but i am bored.

In europe ive always felt and know that, the bigger the club the better for arsenal

Little teams give us trouble as they arnt forced to play attacking football

Nutsy

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
Oh and Song was quite solid I thought. Definitly a positive.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. A definite positive after how Song was terrible in other part of his game, but he was pretty solid in Central Defense. More of this would do good for us in the future. Now, about Senderos....

Jkreffer

Established Member
They were ****.

We are ****.

The lot of them are ****.

Im joking of course, but this one won't stay long in the memory. Job done I suppose and a tough test passed for the second string.

Invincible

Established Member
Was great to see our lads put up a good fight out there. Shows that we've got the steel to match our brilliant football.

Denilson is one tough fecker, btw.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Got what we went for so no complaints. I have a problem with Diaby though. He will never become the player he wants to be (offensive midfield) if he keeps holdin on to the ball like that. Offensive midfielders have to have vision...look first for open person before you focus on protecting that ball. Its like he is playing by himself. It really gets to me and am slowly getting to feel like he wont make it here..especially at his desired position. He has to learn to first look for an open guy before focusing on not losing the ball. There is a lot for him to learn to become the player he can be.

The whole team was poor in general but we were untroubled wih song as CB in an away CL tie. Not bad at all. Lets put our focus back on the EPL now.

Tristam

RandomHero84 said:
Was a bad performance...but it doesnt mean our second tier are poor.That exact group of players have performed well so far this season with players like bendtner and eduardo giving a reasonable goal return for their limited game time so far.
Its a blip....not happy about it..dull game, but it doesnt reflect on their ability.
Completely agree. I think they should play against Sevilla and Steaua as well, just to prove that they actually can play good football. Coming first in the group is not that big an advantage, because there could be surprises in other groups and we have to beat the strongest teams eventually anyway. I suppose if we really want to go for it, we could add one of Hleb, Fabregas or Rosicky to this team against Sevilla but no need to risk all three of them.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
The thing is, when you see all of lets say man us attacking threat, its something we dont have

We need aggressive players to help give us a plan B in matches like these because as I said this match was no different from mancs conditions in kiev

Yes we rested players but would they have unlocked this game, doubt it

Either way, were through, job done!!

Now lets get redy for our clash with reaing on monday

Tristam

Just a thought but would our game have been different if Flamini would have been played instead of Gilberto? I have a gut feeling that Gilberto is 'too good a person' for such tough games. Maybe that was the missing agressive ingredient in our team.

number_0

Established Member
well deference is in kiev whenever manure attack, the defence will just get out of the way, really pethatic, and if they somehow managed to stop them, super manc **** ref to the rescue.
good thing rooney is protected from everyone else.

unlike our game, against a better defensive team, with a blind ref and linesmen.
i think we did OK withought our front 5

oba101

That's not the thing, Emir8, they didn't look like they wanted anything out of the match, and the pitch was really bad, it really affected Theo, and what Eduardo was looking for on the wings, I don't know, and why Diaby has to be tackled before attempting to release the ball, I don't know. Diarra was really good, a positive from the game, and so was Song, and Gilberto. Bendtner was terrible, like Diaby, never passed the ball on time, wasted too much time on the ball, and was nearly always dispossessed.

Well, We've got the point, now we're through, now,we need first place, let's kill them in Seville. :D

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Dont think the fault lies in midfield mate..

Its our wide play and strikeforce....No aggression, simple as that

Diaby had a chance late on to side foot a shot in but no, he tries to pass it, silly s**t like that will not get us results

We need a left winger(vela jan?) but most of all need the aggressive attack away from home otherwise we wont be going nowhere

tam1886

Established Member
Rocafella said:
gunnerGH said:
qs said:

Because these are the same tiny countries who voted him into power because he brainwashed them with his silly ideas of weaker teams going into the champions league.
I agree with that in theory. I think all the champions of each European league should be allowed a fair shot in the Champion's League, however in practice, there is too much of a difference in quality. It just won't work and if they try to force the issue there will be a general decline in the quality of the tournament.

Never seen the whole game because I was flicking backwards and forwards with the Barca-Rangers game, but from what I seen it didn't look like a great game for us, for a variety of different reasons. I seen passes missed because of poor weather conditions, I seen an overly physical team which we dealt with and fought back against but who ultimately broke down our play with constant fouls and the physical nature of their game, I seen a referee who dirupted whatever flow the game had to it and but I didn't see a Plan B. You can't play a slick passing game in that kind of downpour. I don't think we did enough on the wings. If we are going to rest Fabregas, we at least need to have some penetration from the flanks if we are playing with Bendtner I think. I didn't see enough of that tonight.

I'm not too worried. We qualified after all. Smile guys. I think if it wasn't raining like that it could have ben a bit different. We still managed to get a result against a CL side with essentially a CC team, who haven't had a lot of playing time together. Don't laugh but I think that team could beat Sevilla. Sevilla are likely to play a more open game when we go there which would suit us better. We'd have more space, and i'm sure Diarra and Clichy can more than match their wide players. Song might be a bit out of his depth but other than him I would back those players who played tonight to win both remaining CL games.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

To tell the truth I was more interested in qualification and a clean sheet and the boys did the job well done.
People crapping on about this performance should remember that we have struggled in Eastern Europe in the CL this year no matter who we played and that was with our first string.
Too much analysis , we sudddenly need this that and the other ,FFs.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom