• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Slavia Prague VS Arsenal FC | Wed, Nov7th, 7.45pm | ERS

MDGoonah41

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
USArsenal said:
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
It's not a meaningless game because we want to finish top of our group. I don't want Sevilla to overtake us.

They won't. We still play them no? And have those other amateurs at home.
yeah, but we play Sevilla AWAY... their form has gotten considerably better since we played them last... if we play like we apparently did today, we will get slaughtered
Oh come on, do you really think that Wenger wont play Cesc and Hleb against Sevilla?

And the weather ought to be alot nicer in Spain :lol:

Common sense has no place in this discussion. Say something bad about our team or our chances.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Eduardo looked very isolated for the majority of that game until brought inside.

Bendtner worked hard.

Midfield wasnt very creative.

Walcotts crossing and decision making was poor.

go49oner

Established Member
Cant believe I spent 2 hours watching this. I never thought I would ever see more boring game then the Porto one last year, but I think this one takes the biscuit.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
The worst performance of the season.
Now we can't lose in Sevilla if we want, and we do, to be first in the group.
And as far as I know AW announced similar squad as today to play remaining games if we qualify tonight. Can anyoune confirm this?

Tony Montana

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Tony Montana said:
gunnerGH said:
How sad are Slavia's fans. 0-0 and loving it.

Play for a draw at home....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Against Arsenal for them?

Celtic v Milan

Complete contrast

I think it's fair to say that Celtic are quite a bit better than Slavia. And as you said yourself, Slavia had more chances on goal and should have been ahead maybe.

TheThoss

gunnerGH said:
TheThoss said:
gunnerGH said:
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
It's not a meaningless game because we want to finish top of our group. I don't want Sevilla to overtake us.

They won't. We still play them no? And have those other amateurs at home.

They will mate. a win against us and their laughing.

We will destroy.

:shock: Send the kids again

No, rather not. We are a team that likes big games though, something this can hardly be described as.

Tony Montana said:
TheThoss said:
Tony Montana said:

I assume that's directed at the 'Hleb + Cesc are needed' realisation. Not really a thunderbolt from the heavens?

No it was for the end of the game.

Oh... I was wondering :)

scruzgooner

TheThoss said:
Tony Montana said:

I assume that's directed at the 'Hleb + Cesc are needed' realisation. Not really a thunderbolt from the heavens?
not really, but the question was repeatedly being asked, why were we playing so ****?

it's also a bit scary to me that without those two or three our creativity is completly lacking.

let's put it down to the rain, shall we?

stiiphunn

Established Member
Horrible game. Credit to Prague because they gave everything and made up for the 7-0. Credit to our boys as well because it was not easy and they fought well.

About the players.

Walcott was horrible tonight. Very poor. Did nothing right.

Diaby has done some good runs but once again he does not release the ball quickly enough. How many times did he lose it tonight?

Nick had a good game I thought. You could see he was educated at Arsenal- one touch football. I like him.

Diarra was good as well. He was strong defensively.

I thought Clichy as well was good. Not his best game but he's been good nontheless.

henry79

Thommybhoy said:
And as far as I know AW announced similar squad as today to play remaining games if we qualify tonight. Can anyoune confirm this?

if he plays this team against senilla then we will get slaughtered.

No.8_Wright

Resting Cesc and Hleb I didn't mind but starting with that team and formation was silly. It just meant the game was a midfield scrap which they wanted and we didn't. Why play Eduardo on the left when the guy is our best finisher at the moment. The tactics were silly. Denilson could not get any ball because the mid was too packed and he needed to be our main creator so there were no chances for us.

Now we have to play Cesc and Hleb and our best team away to Sevilla to make sure we finish top of the group and that game is mixed up in our hard schedule of games. I trust Wenger but I do not understand his decisions tonight.

Diarra is class though.

Thommybhoy

Established Member
After this kind of games I can't wait for next game, but just so the next game can wash out bitter taste from my mouth, after something like this.
Last season I felt that on several occasions.

sesquioxide

scruzgooner said:
TheThoss said:
Tony Montana said:

not really, but the question was repeatedly being asked, why were we playing so s**t?

it's also a bit scary to me that without those two or three our creativity is completly lacking.

I think that a lot of foul calls added to the misery. Unless I'm wrong, I count 46 fouls given. One can't be expecting a spectacle with the game stopped every 2 minutes.

gunnerGH

Established Member
A lap of honour for Slavia Prague's players......:lol:

they havent won the league for 9 years was it?.......or was it 9000!

Thommybhoy

Established Member
henry79 said:
Thommybhoy said:

if he plays this team against senilla then we will get slaughtered.
My fear exactly, that's why I ask.

qs

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
gunnerGH said:
Tony Montana said:
gunnerGH said:
How sad are Slavia's fans. 0-0 and loving it.

Play for a draw at home....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Against Arsenal for them?

Celtic v Milan

Complete contrast

I think it's fair to say that Celtic are quite a bit better than Slavia. And as you said yourself, Slavia had more chances on goal and should have been ahead maybe.

It was one of Slavias greatest victories. Celtic have a ****ing star over their crest.

Slavia also need to qualify for the Eufa, Celtic want to stay in the CL.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
The funny thing about us is, even in the rain we still want to play our slick football

Only started looping balls into the box in the last 10 minutes

This match was no different to the conditions man united faced in kiev but we had some of our youngstars playing who are quite new to the CL

Todays performance showed me we dont have someone who is willing to attack opponents with energy and enthusiasm and flipping shoot....We need a plan B

Still, a fair result and we're through

number_0

Established Member
JazzG said:
A very average performance, thought Theo in particular had a real poor game. You think the guy has made progress but today his runs and passing was really poor. That said I don't think most of the attacking players covered themselves in glory. Still we needed a draw and got it.

I hope Wenger takes a few better players to Seville because I don't want us finishing 2nd in the group. That said I don't really care if we get a harder tie or not in the next round

If we come first we will face rangers, celtic and the PSV's of this world, and get knocked out in the 2nd round or quater finals..
we come second we play henry's barca, the regining champions milan or real madrid, where we will then walk to the final and win it.

I know it doesnt make sense, but i am bored.

TheThoss

scruzgooner said:
TheThoss said:
Tony Montana said:

not really, but the question was repeatedly being asked, why were we playing so s**t?

Rain and a general lack of motivation. This is a very similar line up to the Newcastle winning team.

IBL

Established Member
terrible conditions, overphysical opposition, mostly second string players, away match....

point gained, qualification achieved!

performance not great but main objective met, good education for our players out there today

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom