• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Stoke vs Arsenal 8/5/2011, 14:05GMT

amirkat

Established Member
CandysRoom said:
amirkat said:
Typical end of season game for me. Nothing more do discuss, really other than perhaps these games usually end in draws. Stoke just wanted it more due to history etc. When we're not 100% at the races, we lose concentration and play ponderous football.

No need for everyone to get heated.
We certainly show more fire than our team :D

A puppy shows more passion for Arsenal sometimes. :lol:

Spork

Established Member
Accomplished said:
Gunner Ossie said:
redwhiteAustrian said:
Only a fool like you, would blame our poor defending on one single player.
Tbh, I despise people like you who only pop up, when things are bad.

Get a life and **** off.

where did i blame our poor defending on one player you ******* *****. I also despise ***** like you who start creaming themselves after we beat wigan 3-0 in september.

You need to grow up.

This is true, it appears to me as though there are too many muts being let through into the forum, so many of them trying to start e-drama at the drop of a whistle.

If you aren't prepared to support your team through thick and thin, go glory hunt somewhere else.

I will wear my Arsenal top tomorrow with more pride than I ever have after us winning a game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Gunner Ossie said:
where did i blame our poor defending on one player you ******* *****. I also despise ***** like you who start creaming themselves after we beat wigan 3-0 in september.

Take it easy there mate.

I feel your pain, we all feel your pain, you wouldnt be here if you didnt have some love for the Gunners of London.

Its crossed my mind too as to whether Wenger still has the interests of this club first and foremost in his priorities. Yes he may seem like on tv and the media at large but his actions surely do speak louder, as the saying goes.

You have reached your wits end, Im nearly there and at running the risk of you going off at me I ask you to just sit tight and see what happens this year.

Im pretty sure we wont all be fools again come September 1st if we hearing the same garbage about belief at the back of a good Emirates Cup.

spartandre217

Established Member
bojed said:
This is all Wenger's fault.

341172-1540316_1479434_207_not_sure_if_serious_super_super_super.jpg

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Anyone fancy a rational discussion?

We were in comfortable and barely threatened by Stoke before they scored. Trouble is, they didn't need to play well to do so whereas we needed passing of surgical precision. We've conceded the least number of goals from open play and scored the highest number of goals from open play this season. Conversely we've scored the least number of goals from set pieces and conceded the most.

Those picking on individuals need to take a step back and see the obvious. We need to re-balance our team dynamic by tweaking one or two positions to give us better aerial prowess. Beyond that, we have a pretty damn good team. The strengths and weaknesses of our game are a little too easily projected to opponents like Stoke who happen to be very good at what we are very bad at. Let's not distort reality to suit our agenda against a few players who we don't like, even if we know they aren't perfect every week.

SA Gunner

spartandre217 said:
bojed said:
This is all Wenger's fault.

341172-1540316_1479434_207_not_sure_if_serious_super_super_super.jpg

Who do we blame then? The players?

The one thing Wenger said recently was absolutely true. Its him who chooses players, decides on tactics and so forth so its him who has to answer at the end of the day.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Arsène Wenger admits Arsenal did not show enough fighting spirit during their 3-1 defeat to Stoke.

The Gunners arrived at the Britannia Stadium on Sunday knowing that three points would edge them closer to automatic qualification for next season's UEFA Champions League group stage, and keep their faint title hopes alive.

They never looked like delivering on either front, though, as the Potters gave a demonstration in how to expose Arsenal's weaknesses.

Wenger's men saw plenty of the ball, but they lacked a cutting edge and were undone by Stoke's desire to compete for everything and snatch a morale-boosting success.

Asked if his side had been competitive enough, Wenger told Sky Sports: "No, certainly not. On that front, we were not at the right level, certainly not in the first half.
Mistakes

"It is always difficult to say why, but it is a fact.

"You are never happy when you are not competitive enough."

The French tactician was happy to acknowledge that the Gunners were second best on the day, with defensive fragility once again costing them dear.

Wenger added: "Congratulations to them. We made too many mistakes to win a game like that. They defended well and it was always difficult for us."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6921687,00.html

Y va marquer

Established Member
CandysRoom said:
Popped in, couldn't handle it, left...

It's worse than this thread?
I guess this must just be like Lobby lite then.

I can understand people getting wound up after that performance today but angry ranting should be left to those who know to direct it where it's warranted.

spartandre217

Established Member
IBL said:
so who else would you blame then spartandre?

It's a tough question to answer completely. Can't lay the blame completely on one individual because there are innumerable variables involved in our current situation but yes, I feel Wenger has to shoulder a lot of the blame. But to blame him at the expense of the players?? That's a step too far for me.

You might argue that he's the one that chooses the players and that may be true to an extent, blaming him outright for THEIR mistakes on an individual level is wrong.

Some players need to change, without doubt and I could go on to list those that I feel should leave. There also needs to be a change in our defense of set plays, general defensive play, an increase in communication between players (especially defensive players) and a change in our attacking ethos (we're too slow, too laboured and don't do anything in the final third)

Yaya

Established Member
I'm not happy with the way we attack the wideareas. The off the ball movement is just so poor and not to mention sagna putting several **** balls into the box.

SA Gunner

Big Poppa said:

We were in comfortable and barely threatened by Stoke before they scored. Trouble is, they didn't need to play well to do so whereas we needed passing of surgical precision. We've conceded the least number of goals from open play and scored the highest number of goals from open play this season. Conversely we've scored the least number of goals from set pieces and conceded the most.

Those picking on individuals need to take a step back and see the obvious. We need to re-balance our team dynamic by tweaking one or two positions to give us better aerial prowess. Beyond that, we have a pretty damn good team. The strengths and weaknesses of our game are a little too easily projected to opponents like Stoke who happen to be very good at what we are very bad at. Let's not distort reality to suit our agenda against a few players who we don't like, even if we know they aren't perfect every week.

Very well put there Frank White.

As good as it is though, how close do we find ourselves close to the completed article? Sure a manager of Wenger's calibre would be able to take stock and rethink his approach going forward. Reading two biographies written on Wenger the one point which comes across very clearly is his desire and ability to keep analysing and enhancing his approach to the game.

The last six years looks like one constant mistake after the other, rinse and repeat. Surely we need answers as to why this happens so often and so expected these days. Surely we should ask how likely it will be that things will change?

So to answer your post, Poppa, Ill say we may have a fantastic team on the brink yes, but do we more importantly see the signs or drive for us to realise this thought?

Le Titi

Big Poppa said:

Summed it up perfectly.

The reason why we are so frustrating to support is the fact that we're constantly two or three players away from being great. It's quite agonising, really.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Y va marquer said:
CandysRoom said:
Popped in, couldn't handle it, left...

It's worse than this thread?
I guess this must just be like Lobby lite then.

I can understand people getting wound up after that performance today but angry ranting should be left to those who know to direct it where it's warranted.
For those with too low a tolerance to survive in the lobby :D

Druid

We do have a fantastic team. For 6 seasons, in fact. But the little tweaks required aren't being made.

Floating

Established Member
Big Poppa said:

:respect

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom