• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The AM EUROS Draft Sign-Up and Discussion Thread

Hello everyone,

The picks

Now we've finally finished with the CL draft (congrats again @A_G) and with the Euros only two months away I think it's the perfect time for the chaos and mayhem that only an annual Arsenal-Mania draft can provide.

I was very happy with the results from the simming even if it took a little bit longer to write up than planned... so largely we'll keep the structure the same. This time round I feel like we can make some changes to reflect which players had good tournaments and which flopped. Although all of that will be revealed...

For now though I'd like to get an idea of numbers so if you would like to play now's your time to sign up before we get the ball rolling on the weekend! Eight teams ideally but we can expand based on numbers without any problem so comment below if you'd like in.

Rules to follow in the next few days...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Sign me up together with @db10_therza for team Iftarsenal 2.0

However if the draft does not start before next Wednesday, we reserve the right to change our team name :)

P.S. this happens to be my post #22,222, so maybe this is a good omen @db10_therza

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Thanks but no thanks. I will be taking a pass. A bit busy; and have too much going on to disrupt my beauty sleep.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’m just going to get robbed again. I’m out.

All steps done to make this as fair as possible via simulation so no bitter AM voting.

League needs big personalities like yourself.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Another draft journey is it @Rex Stone ?

8lfnf3.jpg

1712166982973.jpeg

Sorry @Sanchez11 you have to be the smelly dwarf here, wish there was another way but it's out of my hands 🤷‍♂️

Draft Rules New

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

So the rules are very simple…

In fact there ONLY two:

1) You can select any player from any European Championship from Sweden 92 to the 2020 edition where they played a MINIMUM of three games. When selecting your player you have to state which Euros you’re selecting them from.

We’re NOT judging players on overall Euros careers, just the Euros that you’ve selected them from.

For example, if you wanted to select Kevin Kuranyi you’d have to specify which one of his two qualifying Euros you’re picking him from. Draft posts would then ideally look like this:

“I select Kevin Kuranyi – Germany - Euro 2004

Insert reasons for selection here.

1712169827677.jpeg

@next user it’s your turn”

2) You can only select ONE player per nation. Before you start crying about this:

It’s a EUROPEAN championship so teams should be as continental as possible. We don’t want teams looking like this…

1712169894208.jpeg

This leaves over 1000 players from almost 40 countries. We’ll be picking 17 rounds so there should be more than enough players to pick from.

Please try and remember that it's a Euros game so ideally you'd pick players based primarily on that basis.

I have implemented a secret buff and nerf criteria for each player so mediocre players who had good tournaments will be rewarded and vice versa.

All will be revealed after the game!

If you don’t follow these rules there will be some pretty savage penalties, so be warned.

One footnote: if you select a player from the USSR in 1992 you are not allowed to draft a player from Russia. Yes, they’re technically different but Russia inherited their FIFA place so for this game that’s not allowed. Same thing with countries where there’s a slight name change.

In terms of admin…
  • When offline, each member will get 2 hours to make their pick, if you miss the window then your pick will be chosen by the Rexdomizer ™.
  • If the next picker is online and active in discussion he has only 20 minutes to make his pick
  • The game will be frozen each night at 9pm GMT and resume at 9am GMT the following morning. You are still free to make your pick in this period if you want to but are under no obligation to do so.
  • The draft order will be drawn at random and will follow the 3rd round reverse snake format. So the same as last time where we flip the order after the second round. This should stop anyone building up an unfair advantage by going first.

AGAIN, You need to draft a starting XI and five outfield substitutes. The 17th round will consist of backup goalkeepers. You have to draft one Goalkeeper in the first 11 rounds.

Good luck everyone and sign up now!!

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Bit sus, ngl :lol: :lol: :lol:

So in the CL draft certain posters picked Yaya Toure for his best league season when he did nothing in the CL at all :lol:

Basically players who had good tournaments get stat boosts… for example otherwise “world class” strikers who flopped in the tournament get punished.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom