• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The AM EUROS Draft Sign-Up and Discussion Thread

Hello everyone,

The picks

Now we've finally finished with the CL draft (congrats again @A_G) and with the Euros only two months away I think it's the perfect time for the chaos and mayhem that only an annual Arsenal-Mania draft can provide.

I was very happy with the results from the simming even if it took a little bit longer to write up than planned... so largely we'll keep the structure the same. This time round I feel like we can make some changes to reflect which players had good tournaments and which flopped. Although all of that will be revealed...

For now though I'd like to get an idea of numbers so if you would like to play now's your time to sign up before we get the ball rolling on the weekend! Eight teams ideally but we can expand based on numbers without any problem so comment below if you'd like in.

Rules to follow in the next few days...

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
When @db10_therza sees this first thing in the morning

Three more teams updated...

@albakos and @db10_therza have:
2 x 💎
5 x 🥇
2 x 🥈
4 x 🥉
4 x 🐴

the godfather horse GIF by Maudit

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

@2Smokeyy one side of me wants to apologise because you got caught heat in the middle of the draft passion in the below quoted.

The other side is thankful that I took your Nainggolan pick, as he saved my team. His rating is ridiculous tbh. So I want to say I am not sorry.

😂 he wouldn’t start in our team tbf. I very much doubt he’d get in ahead of Iniesta, Pirlo and Effenberg. We had him down as a bench player.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Think I overrated him.

Apparently Kante who barely played, old man Shaqiri and some guy called Pranjic should all be rated higher…
Kante had just won the title with Leicester in 2016. He could've been picked him in 2020, but the idea was about base stat, that must have been better in 2016.

Shaqiri had better stats (3G + 1A) in 2020 than Naingolan (2G+1A) in 2016, so I don't know which one has a better overall rank?

When you say old man about Shaq, was age also a factor or it was introduced lately :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Kante had just won the title with Leicester in 2016. He could've been picked him in 2020, but the idea was about base stat, that must have been better in 2016.

Shaqiri had better stats (3G + 1A) in 2020 than Naingolan (2G+1A) in 2016, so I don't know which one has a better overall rank?

When you say old man about Shaq, was age also a factor or it was introduced lately :lol:

He was always going to be better in Euro 2020 because he’d just won the Champions League after years of excelling at the highest level including winning a World Cup and yes a league with Chelsea.

Right after a breakout season EA and SI bumped him up from like 68 but he still could’ve been a flash in the pan like a Bakayoko or Drinkwater so they cautiously rated him low 80s. If he’d played more with France he may have picked up more bonuses but alas he was barely used.

As for Shaqiri you can see his Euro 2016 and 2020 seasons here:

1713446862831.png

His base stat completely tanked by Euro 2020. On the goal point there had to be a minimum of G+A per game played because the ratings would’ve been insane.

Yes Shaqiri would’ve been bumped up but if you’re giving out a point per G+A or whatever you’d still be f*cked because guys like Henry or Zidane who’d accrued bonuses would all be 99 rated and would kill the game.

The bonuses make a difference but by their nature you can’t give them out to everyone.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He was always going to be better in Euro 2020 because he’d just won the Champions League after years of excelling at the highest level including winning a World Cup and yes a league with Chelsea.

Right after a breakout season EA and SI bumped him up from like 68 but he still could’ve been a flash in the pan like a Bakayoko or Drinkwater so they cautiously rated him low 80s. If he’d played more with France he may have picked up more bonuses but alas he was barely used.

As for Shaqiri you can see his Euro 2016 and 2020 seasons here:

View attachment 23625

His base stat completely tanked by Euro 2020. On the goal point there had to be a minimum of G+A per game played because the ratings would’ve been insane.

Yes Shaqiri would’ve been bumped up but if you’re giving out a point per G+A or whatever you’d still be f*cked because guys like Henry or Zidane who’d accrued bonuses would all be 99 rated and would kill the game.

The bonuses make a difference but by their nature you can’t give them out to everyone.

Interesting. But when will the friggin games start, mate? Need some proper football after feasting on Tetaball all season.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom