• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Lemar

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
He was and he did not get better at Atletico. That is why I am expressing a lot of concern about him.

Yeah I was turned off by what I saw towards the end of his Monaco days, put me under the impression the players who left made him look a hell of a lot better than he was and his breakout season was a bit of a one off.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
This might have legs. Believe Arteta wants a left footed player capable of playing on the wings and in the middle. Similar to how City signed Bernardo Silva.

Steps

Not what to think about this. Was keen on him towards the end of his Monaco career, but he has never quite settled at Madrid and I worry he may not be cut out for the top flight, at least in a starting role. I understand not all players fit in all systems, but I would have expected more out of him by now. That said, I am all about giving players opportunities to show they deserve the hype and maybe this is just what he needs. If Arteta is the one pressing this, I trust him.

Bloodbather

Established Member

One thing I'll note about Lemar is that, excluding Caen, he has played in teams that use 4-4-2 as their preferred formation and has mostly been utilized as LM, while being a player who clearly produces more when he plays more centrally.

In his break-out season at Monaco, he was able to cut inside more frequently, having Benjamin Mendy constantly overlapping on the left-wing. Bernardo Silva was doing the same at the opposite side, starting at RM but being able to play more centrally with Djibril Sidibé overlapping. After Mendy left, he was stuck at the left flank more frequently, which resulted in him having a much higher number of ineffective, uneventful performances.

Atlético also plays a 4-4-2, but the attacking freedom is much more limited, they don't have full-backs overlapping constantly and expect wide midfielders to hold their positions more firmly so as to not give up their defensive positions. Lemar can't really cut into the center and play a creative midfielder role, he's supposed to be a more balanced, possession keeping wide midfielder with sound defensive positioning there, and that's just not his game. Set pieces are the only way he can truly impact a game at Atlético.

I don't know if a move would rejuvenate him or if two-and-a-half seasons (and counting) of unimpressive performances has stunted him as a footballer for good, but he's much more likely to do better as a left-side central midfielder in a 4-3-3, which might make him an attractive target for Arteta, considering his qualities as a player.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Why the **** has the Lemar thread been locked because that bellend Charles Watts said it won’t happen? The Spanish journalist attached to that piece said we have interest but no concrete offer.

I’m all for locking threads when the transfer obviously isn’t happening but I’ll be ****ed if I see a thread locked because that big nosed twonk Watts played down a transfer.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Why the **** has the Lemar thread been locked because that bellend Charles Watts said it won’t happen? The Spanish journalist attached to that piece said we have interest but no concrete offer.

I’m all for locking threads when the transfer obviously isn’t happening but I’ll be ****ed if I see a thread locked because that big nosed twonk Watts played down a transfer.

Charles watts, a right knob in a suit

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Watts is full of BS the mods should know this.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was and he did not get better at Atletico. That is why I am expressing a lot of concern about him.

I think he’s a player who needs a certain set up, one with an overlapping attacking full back.

Monaco’s Mendy replacement was atrocious, he then went to Atletico who used Hernandez who’s basically a CB and even this year Lodi plays on a relatively tight leash.

I think it was a poor move on his part but Simeone has often failed at integrating creative players into his line up. The likes of Saul and Rodri were so favoured due to their off the ball work to go alongside their creativity.

Arda was one of the only success stories and he flamed out very badly. It’s a definite gamble but for a knock down fee I think it has massive upside.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If there real interest the Spanish papers will report about it even papers like Marca and AS didn't report

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom