• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal v Anderlecht - 4/11/14, 19:45 - SS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
yousif_arsenal said:
Chambers performing much better as center back in my opinion even i think he didn't do badly as right back but his best position is as center back.

also i have no idea why the f**k we loan out Jenkinson if Wenger feel Bellerin not ready yet. Jenko Mertesacker Chambers Gibbs is much better then Chambers Mertesacker Monreal Gibbs at least everyone playing his best position.

You are right Yousif, it all seems so logical. I'm sure almost everyone on this forum agrees with you, if only Wenger did too! :?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
stiiphunn said:
The Jury said:
@Stipphhun or whatever -You don't have to write a wall of text to say you agree with someone.

'Agreed'. See? You can use the rest of your spare time think of something creative to write.
Sorry for using too many words for you. I'll keep it limited to 'Agreed' and 'Wenger out!!!!!!'.

Btw, if a mod reads this, you should consider making The Jurrrye or whatever a moderator on this forum. He's great and an excellent contributor.

If you can't take it when you get your arse smacked, why bother casually and pointlessly slandering me when addressing another poster in the first place? It's completely uncalled for. Why not just leave me out of it for the sake of this nonsense?

You just come out of it looking a bit silly really. I mean, look at your last post. How old are you?

stiiphunn

Established Member
Dokaka said:
Jenkinson has been good for us. Makes absolutely no sense that you loaned him out to us.

It would've been fine if Wenger had brought in another CB, but instead he replaced Jenkinson with another young, fairly unproven RB who is now asked to cover ostensibly 3 positions.

I would've pissed myself laughing if anyone had suggested Monreal would become a common figure centrally in the back 4. Unreal.
Yeah, it looks a bit silly now. Although, to be completely honest, I was also fairly happy to see Jenkinson loaned out to West Ham. I've never been a big fan of Jenkinson and I thought Wenger had a plan to replace him. Bellerin seemed to be the replacement for a while but it's becoming more and more obvious that Wenger doesn't trust him at all. This again goes to show that Wenger completely ****ed it up this past transfer window. If he didn't trust Bellerin to do the job, he should have either kept Jenkinson or gone out to buy another RB in case Debuchy got injured. We wouldn't be in a situation where an inexperienced 19 year would have to cover two positions at the back.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
@Dok - Of course it makes sense. He's rubbish to be fair. A couple of decent games or an assist doesn't change that. You saw what he was like when he got chances in his last few games for us. chambers is the better RB anyway, as is Bellerin on the little I've seen for us, never mind for Watford and the academy.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The Jury said:
@Dok - Of course it makes sense. He's rubbish to be fair. A couple of decent games or an assist doesn't change that. You saw what he was like when he got chances in his last few games for us. chambers is the better RB anyway, as is Bellerin on the little I've seen for us, never mind for Watford and the academy.

I don't necessarily disagree that he's not good enough for Arsenal, but that wasn't really the point.

Wenger sold his starting RB and the 3rd CB and brought in a starting RB replacement and a 19 year old to cover for both RB and CB. Then he promoted Bellerin whom he appears to have no faith in. Had Jenkinson still been at Arsenal, Monreal wouldn't be starting at CB right.

I think you're being harsh on Jenkinson btw. He's looked good whenever he's been given a proper run of games. He's looked ****e in cameos because he was never able to find form, but when he was given a good run he generally performed quite well, even against sides like Man City.

His performances for us have certainly solidified him as a PL quality RB. Arsenal quality? Perhaps not, but his presence alone would've kept the balance of the back 4 somewhat intact.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
But if Jenks were still here it'd make no difference to us! How would it make a difference? Our mistake was selling TV if anything! I honestly don't see how you've worked this out.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
The Jury said:
But if Jenks were still here it'd make no difference to us! How would it make a difference? Our mistake was selling TV if anything! I honestly don't see how you've worked this out.

You had to sell TV, he was a captain that wasn't playing.

Most people saw the purchase of both Debuchy and Chambers as a surprise. I mean ffs some people expected Jenkinson to be promoted to first choice at Arsenal. I don't think anyone expected Jenkinson would leave this season after you let go of Sagna.

If Jenkinson was still at Arsenal, Chambers could fill in at CB instead, far superior to Monreal there.

Surely Gibbs - Chambers - Mertesacker - Jenkinson looks better than Gibbs - Monreal - Mertesacker - Chambers? :lol:

onetowatch

The_Playmaker said:
It's hardly surprising that this has happened again. We are prone to capitulating against any team simply because we have no discipline. I really don't buy the arguments that attacking players shouldn't be defending. The personnel were not the problem tonight, neither was failing to make signings in the summer. At 3-0, against that particular opposition, at home, there should be no way back for the opposition. Shutting a game out it something Wenger does not know how to do. A few things struck me last night:

1. The arrogance of Wenger, which I have become accustomed to.

2. The arrogance of our players, which is a result of the mentality Wenger instills in his players.

3. The lack of discipline in the players as they showed a blatant disrespect for their opposition. Then again are we actually surprised? It even comes from the fans. 'We should rest Alexis as we should beat Anderlecht'. That is exactly what the players believed.

4. Not learning that committing 5 players forward allows the opposition space to play. We did it vs Dortmund last year, then we learnt our lesson for about a month before we reverted back to our usual selves.

All of the above is what happens on a regular basis. However, regardless of that, what I really don't understand is what the hell we were doing defensively after we went 3-0 up. People on here can seriously praise the Ox, but you are so short sighted if that is the case. Offensively he was brilliant. However, defensively he was one of our worst players, if not the worst. I was honestly struggling to figure out who was playing on our flanks. The Ox spent most of his time standing around in midfield with Ramsey and Flamini covering the wing. Chambers was left isolated 2 vs 1 for 30 minutes. In that period they scored two goals and then Wenger decided to bring on Rosicky to sure up that side, who also bombed forward.

We are tactically inept defensively. They have no clue what to do when they don't have the ball. It's actually depressing. Ramsey hasn't listened to a word Wenger said publicly. Did he even tell him in person? Or did he just say, keep playing your game, the goals will come. The game he is currently playing involves him being ahead of the ball at every opportunity. At 3-0, he doesn't need a goal. Nobody does. The only person who should be looking to get goals at 3-0 is Welbeck. Ramsey should sit alongside his fellow midfielder. Our two wide players should stay in position so we actually look like we have a four in midfield and we simply hit them on the break. We either win 6-0 or the opposition go into damage limitation mode and we see out the game at 3-0 comfortably.

We won't win anything this season as even if we do improve defensively it will be temporarily. What happened to Wenger making defensive substitutions? Wasn't there a time when we went 1-0 up and he brought Monreal on to help Gibbs out (I realise he couldn't have done that last night, but he had options). He literally does the opposite. He didn't even have to make a change. This is the difference between us winning something and us being trophyless. There is no way Mourinho at 3-0 would have drawn that game. Even if they conceded 1 he would have made sure it was 3-1, and then moaned after the game. It isn't the fact that its Mourinho and he is special. It is just the mentality he instills in his teams and the focus on defence before attack. Pulis, Mark Hughes, Allardyce, Moyes, so many managers would have us in better condition defensively.

You cannot ignore the defensive part of the game and it isn't based on buying better defenders and better midfielders as we didn't get outclassed. We were not playing against Bayern. We had superior players in every position. Yet we chose not to defend. When we draw or lose a game, the focus is on our attack lacking efficiency.

Whatever confidence we built, struggling vs the two bottoms teams has now been lost. The character of the team will be tested now. They have enough rest now, so there is no excuse of fatigue on Sunday. I am angry at the application of the players and also the failure of the manager.

Great post. I don't think I have ever seen such a blatant and arrogant disregard for defending from a manager or a team. And it's getting gradually worse. I thought we were bad in 2006-2008, almost every season we've got worse except last season.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Dokaka said:
The Jury said:

I don't necessarily disagree that he's not good enough for Arsenal, but that wasn't really the point.

Wenger sold his starting RB and the 3rd CB and brought in a starting RB replacement and a 19 year old to cover for both RB and CB. Then he promoted Bellerin whom he appears to have no faith in. Had Jenkinson still been at Arsenal, Monreal wouldn't be starting at CB right.

I think you're being harsh on Jenkinson btw. He's looked good whenever he's been given a proper run of games. He's looked **** in cameos because he was never able to find form, but when he was given a good run he generally performed quite well, even against sides like Man City.

His performances for us have certainly solidified him as a PL quality RB. Arsenal quality? Perhaps not, but his presence alone would've kept the balance of the back 4 somewhat intact.

The theory was 'the probability of a first choice CB and first choice RB being injured simultaneously for a long period is unlikley'. But then it happened.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
so it's now a mistake to have got rid of Jenks, because we've been ravaged by injury. Not replacing TV was obviously the bigger mistake ffs! Had Debuchy not got injured long term, we could have used Chambers as CB. You can't legislate for every rotten bit of luck.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
The theory was 'the probability of a first choice CB and first choice RB being injured simultaneously for a long period is unlikley'. But then it happened.

Exactly. The fvcker is using that to laugh in our faces for giving them Jenks :lol:

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Also last season wouldn't really have been any better with similar injuries. Sagna and Kos get injured and we have a back 4 with TV and Jenks in it.

Iceman10

Established Member
The Jury said:
so it's now a mistake to have got rid of Jenks, because we've been ravaged by injury. Not replacing TV was obviously the bigger mistake ffs! Had Debuchy not got injured long term, we could have used Chambers as CB. You can't legislate for every rotten bit of luck.

There is a tendency to overcomplicate things here, yes, in part fuelled by Dok having a laugh at our expense :lol: GDeep kept it simple on the Mertesacker thread, i.e. going into the season with only two senior CB's was negligent.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Genuinely confused at a lot of things but...

Wenger said Ramsey needs to go back to basics and do what he was doing last season. Wenger actually realised this is best for both Ramsey and the team. Now the question is, is Ramsey ignoring Wenger?

This genuinely is confusing me, Ramsey completely ****ed us up yesterday but he was just allowed to do what he likes? What is actually going on?

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Ramsey just ignores the manager which genuinely worries me as it seems Wenger knows what is best for Ramsey and the team but leaves him to his own devices. Very worrying :| .

Enfield

Established Member
Rearranging our players is the same as rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic.

It is about as useful as a fork while eating soup.

Stop having the bloody soup if you only have a fork. We had a nice set of spoons and then sold them all or threw them out because they were too old.

Now we have a fork so lets get something solid and enjoy that instead

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You've misunderstood Dok Jury, it's obvious that we should have replaced Vermaelen before anything else, but to loan Jenkinson out on top of not adding a 3rd (and 4th) CB takes the piss. A back four last season with Vermaelen and Jenkinson would probably be shaky but at least you have every player in his proper position, which is miles better than the ****ing mess we're witnessing now.

What makes it worse is that on top of being incredibly stupid it was a completely unnecessary decision to make, I'd love to know what went on in Wenger's head when he decided that two CBs are enough.

onetowatch

Yeah loaning out Jenkinson was stupid, since it's obvious Wenger has no faith in Bellerin. I know he bought Chambers as a RB primarily but given that he never bought a CB and it's since clear that Chambers is better at CB, we could've used Jenkinson right now.

But playing players in their correct position isn't hip enough for our revolutionary, visionary of a manager who is gradually shifting towards an entire XI of lightweight, mobile no.10s. Plus it doesn't get him lauded as a genius for converting yet another player. Priorities.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Well it depends on who Wenger rates higher, doesn't it?

For all we know (and its the only explanation I can think of for not letting Bellerin play RB so Chambers could play CB) he rates Monreal a better CB than Chambers.

Would that be beyond the realms of fantasy for Wenger? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom