• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL - Arsenal Vs Borussia Dortmund - 23/11/11 19:45PM SS2

evoh_1

Established Member
viper_001 said:
Slightly off-topic, but :lol: @ Dortmund's new song

they took:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and turned it into

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/78pK4zxrV0g?t=24s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/78pK4zxrV0g?t=24s</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Isn't the orignal about pitsburg steelers? so its good idea for another sports team to take it on.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Slightly OTT @ Invincible??? Geez, the dude created the 1st for RVP, was a beast in midfield all evening and you give him that flak-yes he should have cleared the ball into the now famous Row Z but to call him brainless and then say he undid ALL his good work with that mistake-come on man, go get a job with Sky.

CandysRoom

Established Member
Invincible said:
Good skill from Song but he's one of the most brainless players I've ever seen. Less than a minute in injury time and what does Mong do? When it would have been wiser to punt the ball up the pitch and relieve pressure during the dying minutes, the fool chooses to dilly dally on the ball in our box and invite pressure then concede possession in a dangerous area and what happens next? You guessed it - we let in an absolute joke of a goal. That exactly is why we have failed to win trophies for so long, we have too many brain dead players who struggle with the basics. I was so happy to see Vermaelen's reaction to the goal, hope he ******* decks him.
Wow Invincible... Your way too negative man!

Song played a blinder tonight. Without doubt turning into one of the best defensive mids there are. Sure he had a brain-fart in injury time, and i hope the manager makes him think about the possible repercussions, but his game before that was awesome.
His dribble and cross for vP broke the deadlock and changed the direction of the game in our favour.

Way to harsh mate.

VancouverCanuck

Both DJ and Song are to blame for the goal and they deserve a good bollocking. It obviously didn't cost us but they should use it as a good lesson to stay focus for the entire match.

I love how we are now able to grind out this kind of result. And even when we did not have a good 1st half, we didn't let Dortmund have any good scoring chances either. If we manage to bring in a couple of good players (especially one who can take load off RVP), I think we can even challenge Manure for 2nd place. Would never have thought I will say this back in August. :)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
evoh_1 said:
The result was great but they lost two of their most important playrs in the first half which let us dominate the middle for the second half. But on a side issue can arsenal stewards please sort the **** out! They let in 7,000 dortmund fans into the upper section today and if I'm not wrong the terms and conditions of sale of tickets is such:

1.2 Home Match Tickets are for the use of supporters of the Club only. By applying for the Home Match Ticket and/or using the same you hereby warrant and represent that you are a supporter of the Club

2.8 The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the Ground any person who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of Entry. Without prejudice to the representation at paragraph 1.2 above, and in light of the Home Match Ticket holders being grouped together in designated areas, any attempt to gain access to the Ground wearing or carrying apparel (including, without limitation, hats and/or scarves) that demonstrate support for the Visiting Club, may result in admission being refused or you being ejected from the Ground and in such circumstances no refund or alternative seat will be offered

the following actions shall constitute serious breach of the Terms & Conditions of Entry:

(C) persistent standing in seated areas whilst the Match is in progress

Now I get told to stand down in the upper tier all the time which is fair enough but I see no point in sending about 5 stewards to do absolutely nothing about away fans breaking rules that we are bound by.

Watch this space all those same areas were sold out when I tried to get friends and family tickets for my mates for the city game on the 29th and i can assure you there will be a **** load of citeh fans down and breaking terms again. This general sale thing needs to be enforced as flouting is going to end up in serious trouble eventually, they shouldn't be let in the stadium in the first place as you will get some kicking off. I heard from a friend that they eject an ARSENAL FANS for having at go at the germans stocked in his section which is ******* madness.

SORT IT THE **** OUT ARSENAL!

That's disgusting. Let them know about it. Phone or email them. Don't let it go. That really is piss weak of them, but our stewards are notorious jobsworth tossers when it comes to dealing with our fans tbh.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Another win in the books. Credit to Wenger and the team for turning the season around. We're learning to play less pretty football and put in some more hustle. Overall I see a better balance between technique and willpower, something we've lacked in previous seasons.

Enfield

Established Member
Was anyone else disappointed that Park or Chamakh didn't get any game time and we left RVP on for the whole game. Our defense wasn't really tested but I still thought Kos looked uncomfortable trying to pass it out and Merty looked to have a little more anger in him than usual which is good to see. Gervinho looks to have the making of a good winger but the worst striker we've ever had. Ramsey played through a couple of good balls, maybe if RVP gets injured he could link up well with Theo. Song is very hit and miss at times, I thought he played well in general but then that F*ck up at the end. The positive about that was when the ball hit the net Vermaelen went nuts at Song and Djourou and when the final whistle went Song, angrily, booted the ball away. At least we are assessing our defensive problems which is the first step to recovery.

Finally, can someone please confirm who was sitting on the bench last night.

mistaT

Established Member
Invincible is always over the top - Song may have been involved in the last goal but IMO it was Djourou's fault. Easy to blame Song there as he had played the whole game, but Djourou had the last touch.

I thought Gervinho was rubbish, and honestly that was before he missed the 1v1. Seriously, if he doesn't find his finishing soon I would start Ox or Arhsavin ahead of him.

Rest of the team battled...they each have a 7.

Maybe an 8 for Theo and RVP

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
German commentator said Gerv was close not to take part in yesterday's game due to private issues.
Maybe he's blocked mentally and not 100% focussed.

Enfield

Established Member
mistaT said:
Invincible is always over the top - Song may have been involved in the last goal but IMO it was Djourou's fault. Easy to blame Song there as he had played the whole game, but Djourou had the last touch.

I thought Gervinho was rubbish, and honestly that was before he missed the 1v1. Seriously, if he doesn't find his finishing soon I would start Ox or Arhsavin ahead of him.

Rest of the team battled...they each have a 7.

Maybe an 8 for Theo and RVP

How in Gods name could you give Theo an 8. he whilled in one ball which was never going to get to RVP and he missed the only other ball he was put through on. Then finally, when Gervinho would have been left with a tap in, he took a lame shot. I thought he was ineffective tbh, at least Gervinho was running hard and trying to force himself into the game .He even got back to the RB position a few times to get involved.

Glovegun

Established Member
The stewards were a bit weird last night... kept telling individual Gooners in our block to sit down because the Germans took no notice of them. Was kicking off a bit in the away fans section as well.

As for the game, first half was appalling, second half much better. We looked pretty damn solid defensively but not up to much going forward. Dortmund look like a top notch outfit though. Not many teams come to the Emirates and pass it around us.

Disappointed I didn't get to see much of Gotze, but Kagawa looks like a proper player, and I was very impressed with Lewandowski up front. Good first touch, decent movement and a physical edge to his game too. Could be a great back-up for Robin.

fabo

6.51 / 10
mavelous said:
As for Gervinho, he hasn't even began to match the epic proportions of Arshavin's howlers.

Really, I think Gervinho's misses have been far worse. Absolute sitters at Chelsea and Sp**s, 2 one-v-one's at Norwich, one last night, there have been more too.

The lad needs to buck up his ideas in front of goal, looks to have zero confidence in the box.

On another note, we are desperate for an injection of quality into our wide forward roles.

eye4goal

Established Member
Yeah shocking stuff from Gervinho. His movement is as good as it gets but he has to start taking his chances. We're getting away with it right now but its only a matter of time before it costs us

Thought Song was excellent at times but he needs to cut out those erratic moments. Arteta also had his best CL game for us and Koscielny was more pro-active. It was an excellent all-round team effort. We do look more organised and harder to beat which is exactly what we needed to be after last summer.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I still consider Gervinho a key player in our attacking play, at times THE key player. He's missing that extra bit to go up a level right now, but if he can somehow gain some confidence in front of goal we'll be laughing.

eye4goal

Established Member
Glovegun said:
Disappointed I didn't get to see much of Gotze, but Kagawa looks like a proper player, and I was very impressed with Lewandowski up front. Good first touch, decent movement and a physical edge to his game too. Could be a great back-up for Robin.

I like Kagawa too. Technically as good as Gotze but just not as much of a goal-threat

patrick42uk

Established Member
Maybe its me, but I do find it pleasing that Gervinho's getting in those positions with such regularity. Clearly its no fluke.....

Here's a question - is this team stronger than last year's? I loved the way Vermaelen was so pissed about conceding that goal, even though it was irrelevant. This team has so many good characters and intelligent players.

Glovegun

Established Member
I'd say we're a different team to last year, but if pressed then no, I don't think we are as good.

I'm a huge Ramsey fan and I like the stability Arteta brings to the midfield, but if you stick Cesc and Jack in this line-up then we're talking about potential champions. Those two are class acts and very hard to replace.

However, we're definitely better defensively. Santos isn't quite as good as Clichy IMO, but he's getting there. Vermaelen makes a huge, huge difference, and having Szczesny in net and not that Spanish clown is a blessing.

Gervinho vs Nasri is a funny one. I think it's pretty obvious that Nasri is a better and more talented player than Gervinho, but I like the amount of space that Gervinho and Theo make for van Persie, and we're a much more 'expansive' side now. If he could finish we'd be talking about a fantastic winger, hopefully that will come with time.

eye4goal

Established Member
This team is more balanced than last season's. It is also a team that can win games without playing well. Santos and Mertesacker are improvements on Clichy and Djourou for me and I'd even say Gervinho is better than Nasri. I think against the very best we still lack the quality in one or two positions(Cesc mainly and a world class wide forward which we also lacked last season)

Enfield

Established Member
I don't get how people thing Clichy is better than Santos. Name one time this season that Santos has been directly responsible for us conceeding a goal. clichy was a liability that most people wanted to replace. Santos is imo a very underated player and with Vermaelen next to him he can take a few chances going forward. You don't get to play for Brazil if you;re a mug

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I know Djourou's the new Eboue around here, for scapegoating etc but how anyone can say the goal they scored was his fault is beyond me, all Song had to do was smash it long, he thought he could get past his marker but failed and gave Djourou an awful pass which he could do nothing with, quite obvious.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom