• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL| Arsenal vs Marseille | Tue Nov 1st | 19:45

Kain

Established Member
Team were shagged after that Chelsea game, still a cleansheet and top of the group.

Need to focus on the WBA fixture now.

blaze_of_glory

Ah well. At least the unbeaten run keeps going. And Verms and Merte get a clean sheet in their first time playing together.

Warship

I can live with that result. Tired legs out there in the 2nd half I'm sure but Marseille never looked overly dangerous as we defended pretty well.

More disappointed that we failed to take the chances we created, which was a lot more than OM. But that is football for you.

arsmile

Established Member
erm yeah that was 'fine'

defended mostly well and created chances

team looked very tired, especially gervinho in the last half hour or so

i think we'd have taken 4 points from marsaile home and away with a victory over chelsea in between.

FunGun

Hey they were better in the second half so I feel ok that we held out for a draw. Kind of...

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Yeah, we really lacked the last edge, the last bit of punch you have when you're 100% fresh.

I thought fatigue wouldn't kick in before 30 mins into the second half, so I can live now with a point, although the result remains disappointing.

Another three days to recover for the next important tie.

Regardless of that, we have to be on 100% when we face Dortmund at home.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Scz = 6 clean sheet but a couple of mad moments
Jenk = 7 good game kept Valbuena out from most of the game bar one
Merte= 7.5 good game, more aggressive than usual
TV = 7.5 good game, but his overlapping is more hazardous than profitable
Santos = 5.5 too concern with attacking forgetting his main job is defending
Song = 7.5 MoTM IMO, was here and there breaking up play
Arteta = 7 clean and tidy, and he covered for Santos when needed
Ramsey = 7 too focus on Gerv & Walcott, ang ignored there are other options like Park that was wide open
Walcott = 7 full of running
Gerv = 7.5 he tried but it just didn't happen
Park = 6 several nice runs went unspotted, not yet gel enough with the team IMO

subs:
Rozza = 7 several great passes and running. back into his old aggressive self
RvP = 6 marked out tightly
Arshavin = 5 didn't do well enough

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Pff, hope we never have to play them again. 180 minutes of hardcore defending, utter dross. They're completely entitled to do so, of course, but my God are they boring. Still, could have easily won this and everything is in our own hands so I'm not too bothered.

IBL

Established Member
We should really be looking to win these next 3 games and sealing CL qualification in the process

Saturday, 5 November 2011
Barclays Premier League
Arsenal v West Brom, 15:00

Saturday, 19 November 2011
Barclays Premier League
Norwich v Arsenal, 12:45

Wednesday, 23 November 2011
Uefa Champions League
Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund, GpF, 19:45

kalleTheMan

Established Member
Quite happy with Jenkinson. TV looked sharp as expected. Park had a very dissapointing game.

Rosicky has looked pretty good last two sub appearances, wonderful trough ball to Robin.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom