• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal vs Olympiacos | 29/09/09, 19:45 | SSX

MAK 14

Established Member
Our second game in the Group Stages of the Champions League; this time at home to Olympiacos. We should be able to beat them, no doubt about it.

Anyone know where Eduardo was when we played Fulham? Injured?

Zico

Established Member
In all honesty, the guys on display today should have done better, and Diaby will not always be this shocking. If I were Wenger, I would make only minimal changes with a view to making sure that our players can remain healthy and rested. I'd bring in Rosicky for Arshavin in the starting line-up.

-------------- Mannone ---------------

Sagna -- Gallas -- Vermaelen -- Clichy

---- Fabregas --- Song --- Diaby -----

- Bendtner -- van Persie -- Rosicky -

That should be enough to get a victory. It would be good to see Arshavin, Ramsey or Vela at some point. I'm sure Eboue will come in to shore up the team as usual.

xcdude24

Established Member
I'll go with that, maybe slide in Ramsey for Diaby or Rosicky for Diaby and Vela for Shava.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Anything other than a win is unacceptable.

-Godfather-

-Sagna-Gallas-Verminator-Clichy

-Cesc-Song-Rosicky-

-Eboue-RvP-Arshavin-

Anzac

Established Member
No Eduardo guys?????

Rosicky in CM with Cesc & both in dual CM B2B roles;
Eduardo & AA to play;
Vela & Ramsey off the bench......

MAK 14

Established Member
There is nothing on Arsenal.com about Eduardo, so we can only assume he was rested for this game. Can't see why though.

progman07

Established Member
---------Mannone

Sagna Vermaelen Gallas Clichy

Eboue Cesc Song Diaby----------------- Arshavin

------Bendtner

Eboue, Diaby, Bendtner because Wenger plays them anyways, 4-5-1 because we can give our key man Diaby the free role, do whatever you want, you know your job, Big Abou!

Rosicky, Vela, Eduardo, RvP shouldn't play because we don't want to see good, free-flowing football, do we?

Arshavin in the isolated position because it's forbidden to pass to him. Playing Diaby and Bendtner around him will do the job.

A good old one-nil victory will do it. We are gunning for the CL trophy. Our squad is unbelievable.

Unforgiven

Established Member
progman07 said:
---------Mannone

------Bendtner

Eboue, Diaby, Bendtner because Wenger plays them anyways, 4-5-1 because we can give our key man Diaby the free role, do whatever you want, you know your job, Big Abou!

Rosicky, Vela, Eduardo, RvP shouldn't play because we don't want to see good, free-flowing football, do we?

Arshavin in the isolated position because it's forbidden to pass to him. Playing Diaby and Bendtner around him will do the job.

A good old one-nil victory will do it. We are gunning for the CL trophy. Our squad is unbelievable.

:lol:

Proof

Established Member
I'm hoping for Eduardo to start in this one. It shouldn't be so hard to beat Olympiakos at the Emirates, I'm expecting a 3 goals difference.

- Mannone -
- Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Clichy -
- Eboue - Song - Fabregas -
- Van Persie - Eduardo - Arshavin -

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

I say rest van Persie as we have enough firepower to cope without him. Also, I see this as the perfect game to start Rosicky, it's a CL game so it won't be too physical and would be the perfect way for Rozza to get 90 under his belt.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
progman07 said:
---------Mannone

------Bendtner

That's a pretty good team, but we should consider Gibbs on the left back too, Clichy being so **** that he couldn't even get a game at Leeds United and all.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Would really like to see Vela start this one actually, we have plenty of options for this game and it will be really interesting to see who Wenger goes for.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom