• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal vs Olympiacos | 29/09/09, 19:45 | SSX

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Alfonso said:
When is Theo going to actually play a game for us? 2010?
i think he might be on the bench for this one... doubt he'll start, but he might get some time later in the game

xcdude24

Established Member
Olympiakos supporters are out and about in London today. Saw a few over by Tavistock square a few minutes ago, they seem like a lively bunch.

Does Bendtner's wreck mean he's out for tomorrow? And where's Eduardo? Or Theo?

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
looks like Nik may miss this one but be back for the weekend.. Eddy should be in the team, and Theo "might" be on the bench

(from hearsay of course, no official word)

TomasCR

Established Member
Since Wenger hasn't mentioned anything about Eduardo, I think it's fair to say that he was given a rest and will be back for this game. Theo is not back yet.

Proof

Established Member
"Eduardo will be back in the squad for Olympiacos, but Walcott will not. He is available but he's short of competitive action at the moment - he needs a game, and we'll organise one for him. He should be back to normal again from Sunday onwards."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/bendtner-ruled-out-of-olympiacos-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... iacos-game</a>

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wenger sure is cautious these days isn't he?

I think we need someone with Theo are Carlos Vela's pace and movement in the front 3. With Arshavin, Rosicky and Cesc all potentially on the pitch at the same time, there could be some serious damage done to the Olympiacos defence.

Wryer

What is "back to normal"? Available for selection or just back to full training or still building fitness? I believe we've been hearing these for the past 2 weeks re Walcott. I hope it's nothing permanent, we have good options offensively and there's no need to take unnecessary risks.

Looking forward to Nasri's return in Oct.

Gurgen

Established Member
Against Olympiakos I think we can get away with Song-Cesc-Rosicky in midfield. Greek teams rarely attack, especially away from home. They'll play one forward and sit back.

Captain

Established Member
I was thinking perhaps Arshavin through the middle with Rosicky left. Doubt it would happen though.

In fact I would take out Sagna and Clichy for Gibbs and Eboue too but, again, I doubt wenger would treat european opposition with such disdain.

TomasCR

Established Member
Eboue is better offensively than Sagna. Playing him instead of Sagna from time to time would make sense from my point of view.

-vapour-

Swish said:
qs said:
James said:
Bendtner had a car crash, and Denilson is out for 2 months :shock:

Maybe his agent rang him and told him of a contract offer that didn't include payments for his butler.
Makes sense, I heard his butler is also his chauffeur, recession hits everyone.

I heard Adebayor was trying to steal his jeans off him again.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You could play a trio of Cesc, Song and Rosicky as Gurgen said, in the middle. The Arshavin left forward, almost a free role, and Walcott or Vela as wide right forward. With so many lightweight players, though, you'd probably need someone like Bendtner in the middle to provide a bit of presence on set pieces. That means van Persie and Eduardo on the bench.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Eboue is better offensively than Sagna. Playing him instead of Sagna from time to time would make sense from my point of view.

People are putting him in at RM/RW. Diaby is no worse than Eboue there (and at least he can shoot) whilst Rosicky is actually suited to that position.

Unforgiven

Established Member
Obviously we should play RVP on the right. But Wenger isn't going to do that.

I am 100% sure he will play Eboue on the wing or Diaby (argghh).

Captain

Established Member
Honestly, RvP has been **** every time he has played wide for us. It's difficult for me to understand why people keep asking for it.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Unforgiven said:
Obviously we should play RVP on the right. But Wenger isn't going to do that.

I am 100% sure he will play Eboue on the wing or Diaby (argghh).

How about Shavva--RVP--Eduardo...quite possible I think?

Eboue has not shown anywhere near enough to warrant him playing beyond RB.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom