• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Arsenal vs Olympiacos | 29/09/09, 19:45 | SSX

-vapour-

Olympiakos manager Zico explains his side must battle against exhaustion if they are to get anything out of their UEFA Champions League clash with Arsenal.

The Greek champions travel to the Emirates on Tuesday on the back of four games in the space of just 10 days.

Despite their recent good form the game against Arsenal will be the team's greatest test by far this season.

"We hope to play good football in London," Zico said.

"I am worried because of the tiredness. At the second half against Panionios (on Saturday) I saw tired players and this is something that I have to resolve.

"We hope to overcome the problem and have a good game. We know very well the difficulties of playing against Arsenal.

"They are a big club but we are confident of doing well in London. We must show that winning mentality that we show in Greece."

Focused

Meanwhile Olympiakos defender Olof Mellberg, who joined on a free from Juventus in the summer, stressed the need to stay focused at the back if the Greeks harbour any hope of getting anything out of game.

"We must stay focused and concentrated at the back because Arsenal under (Arsène) Wenger always play attacking football with good movements and good passing," he enthused.

"Their offensive line is really strong and I think that we will have a lot of work to do on Tuesday night.

"We are a good team also, with many experienced players and we will have our chance to make a good result there.

"It will be hard but we believe in ourselves and we will try to make our fans proud just like we did at the opener against AZ Alkmaar."

Source:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11670_5588164,00.html

Tad worrying for them if they're players are fatigued already. Inevitably they will step up and run their hearts out, but if we can get into our quick pass and movement groove, should be a fairly routine victory.

Did not know that's where Melberg went! How old's that guy now!?

Swish

Established Member
It's the Olof transfer that surprised you? It was the Derbyshire transfer that got me.

Kain

Established Member
Not sure if this is already brought up on or on another thread but Nick crashed his car (only minor bruising & will possibly return for weekend game)and will probably miss the game & Denilson could be out for a futher two months due to problems with his back, both just mentioned on SSN. Walcott misses the game but Eduardo should be availiable.

Shadow Moses

Established Member
James said:
Bendtner had a car crash, and Denilson is out for 2 months :shock:

I don't wish injury on any of our players and I hope they get well soon but if that's the only way to prevent Nick from RW and Denilson from CM then... only issue is Eboue and Diaby will take their spot. Now if only something could... :angel

entropy13

Established Member
Alfonso said:
James said:

Typical irresponsible Denilson not wearing his seat belt properly.

Eh? The Bendtner car crash doesn't include Denilson. Denilson's already injured, and it just got worse.

Proof

Established Member
It must be comfortable for a 21 year-old boy, to drive a car worth 236,460€, and being a substitute for his club.

Lazaq

Shame about the injuries, hope they both get well soon. Nick has been doing well I think, and Denilson is needed as backup. Wont matter for this game though, we should beat the greeks easily.

Don Vito
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Gibbs
Fabregas - Song - Rosicky
Van Persie - Eduardo - Arshavin

Let's get it on!

Shadow Moses

Established Member
proof_afc said:
It must be comfortable for a 21 year-old boy, to drive a car worth 236,460€, and being a substitute.

You think that's bad? Theo, a 19 yr old sub, has an SL Black. Google it.

Alfonso

Established Member
entropy13 said:
Eh? The Bendtner car crash doesn't include Denilson. Denilson's already injured, and it just got worse.

I know, I was joking.

When is Theo going to actually play a game for us? 2010?

qs

Established Member
James said:

Maybe his agent rang him and told him of a contract offer that didn't include payments for his butler.

Swish

Established Member
qs said:
James said:

Maybe his agent rang him and told him of a contract offer that didn't include payments for his butler.
Makes sense, I heard his butler is also his chauffeur, recession hits everyone.

TomasCR

Established Member
Good one! It seems to me that this could be an ideal game to try the Fabgeras/Song/Rosicky/Arshavin/Eduardo/RvP combo.

It's a shame that I'm not naive enough to think that we'll actually play with all of them. You just always have the feeling that either Eboue or Diaby will break my dream once again. Should be a good game anyway.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom