• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Porto (A) Wed 17th Feb 19.45 ITV1

Illusion

Established Member
Must win game, purely because we need to keep momentum in the league.

I think if we get knocked out of the CL we wont win the Prem either, even if results were going our way.

Porto are no pushovers and it wont be easy. An away goal is essential.

qs

Established Member
Not a must win at all. Away in the CL in the first leg is never must win. Score draw is a good result.

otfgoon

Established Member
qs said:
Not a must win at all. Away in the CL in the first leg is never must win. Score draw is a good result.

Agreed. The higher the score draw the better.

That being said, I think we're more than capable of winning.

Accomplished

Established Member
we've got a week to rest-up and get in shape for a hugely important run of games..i'd love to see us win this 2-0 and be able to rest a few players in the home fixture...that said, i'd be happy with a score-draw...

qs

Established Member
Accomplished said:
we've got a week to rest-up and get in shape for a hugely important run of games..i'd love to see us win this 2-0 and be able to rest a few players in the home fixture...that said, i'd be happy with a score-draw...

Again its the CL even with a 2-0 away win you just don't get to rest players.

Gunner_JT

Same lineup as Liverpool please(provided that there are no injuries).

It will be good to hear that ol' CL music again.

Accomplished

Established Member
qs said:
Accomplished said:

Again its the CL even with a 2-0 away win you just don't get to rest players.

eboue for sagna
campbell for vermaelen
then we've got eduardo, vela, theo...

we've got plenty of room in the squad to rest players without losing 0-3 against porto. I'm not saying wholesale changes, but 3 or 4 changes would just be sensible squad rotation...Considering most of those players would be in the squad anyway....

otfgoon

Established Member
Accomplished said:
eboue for sagna
campbell for vermaelen

we've got plenty of room in the squad to rest players without losing 0-3 against porto. I'm not saying wholesale changes, but 3 or 4 changes would just be sensible squad rotation...Considering most of those players would be in the squad anyway....

This is Porto, not Porstmouth.

Czar

Vela is injuried still probably. Campbell and Ebou should definetly. Hopefully we will se Eduardo-Bendtner partnership upfront with Theo.

How about the trio in the midfield? Same as today?

Captain

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Accomplished said:
eboue for sagna
campbell for vermaelen

This is Porto, not Porstmouth.

:lol:

Gunner_JT

There is no reason to rest any of the first team players against Porto. If anything a few of them can rest for Sunderland which is 3 days later.

Zico

Established Member
Why rest players who have not played for a week. They'll just go rusty and hurt us in the Sunderland game. We must field today's line-up. Only change I would consider is Sagna for Eboue. potential to play Rosicky in place of Nasri, but I do not want to overplay Lil Mozart.

P_Gunner

I miss Ramsey. I thought his injury was supposed to be a minor one? Any idea if he will be back for the Porto game?

Wryer

UCL has no place for resting players, so we should go all out for both legs.

A scored draw will be good.

MAK 14

Established Member
I'd be perfectly satisfied with a score draw, but obviously i would prefer a clean sheet and a win.

Going to be a really tough game.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I love the Champions League, because most teams play football and for the time being thats the type of side we essentially are.

A score draw would be a good result Id say, we need to get that away goal and then bring it home to the Emirates. The fact that we have a lengthy break in the run up is fantastic.

Lets give RVP something to come back to indeed!

dutchMasta

Sagna to start the away leg, Eboue the home leg, unless we comfortably win the away leg. A draw is fine, but I think we can sneak it.

I'd go with the same lineup, unless there are injuries. Otherwise, Rosicky in for whoever's injured of Nasri/Arshavin (surely both can't be).

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom