• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UCL: Porto (A) Wed 17th Feb 19.45 ITV1

Accomplished

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Accomplished said:
eboue for sagna
campbell for vermaelen
then we've got eduardo, vela, theo...

we've got plenty of room in the squad to rest players without losing 0-3 against porto. I'm not saying wholesale changes, but 3 or 4 changes would just be sensible squad rotation...Considering most of those players would be in the squad anyway....

This is Porto, not Porstmouth.

I'm talking about the home fixture.... :roll:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Porto away is not an easy fixture. We haven't got anything there at all right in 2 appearance?

I'd take a score draw

Proof

Established Member
I think that we'll win by two goals to nil. Porto are an average team, so there shouldn't be any real problems over the two legs. Eduardo will be back for this one, but I would like to see the same starting XI, that won yesterday against Liverpool, bar Eboue.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
This is CL! We need our best team out there, home and away. Our team has a week to rest and prepare.

.........Almunia.........
Eboue..Gallas..TV..Clichy
.......Diaby.Song........
Rosicky...Cesc...Arshavin
........Bendtner.........

We can win this and I think we will win.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Clrnc said:
Porto away is not an easy fixture. We haven't got anything there at all right in 2 appearance?

I'd take a score draw

Plus away goal....

AFCG7

Established Member
That Falcao is some player , he will have to be watched -from what i saw of him so far he is good in the air makes some very good runs starting them a few yards off the CBs and keeps himself onside.

Wryer

Might be premature for line ups given doubts on Arshavin and Nasri, but whatever.

- Back 5 with Sagna -
- same midfield -
- Rosicky - Bendtner - Arshavin-

Jkreffer

Established Member
I can't believe people are talking about resting players for this.

Team against Liverpool but with Sagna for Eboue and Rosicky for Nasri.

I am assuming/hoping Arshavin will be fit.

Timleaf

Established Member
We nearly always play poorly away from home in europe. This is gonna be tense stuff. Hopefully we'll murder 'em when we come back for the 2nd leg. Wasn't it 5-0 at the Emirates last season?

Rorz

Established Member
According to Arse.com Song has medial ligament damage in his knee, although I don't think it's as bad as that type of injury usually is, especially as he finished the game last night. I expect he'll be unavailable for this game though :roll:

Arshavin just has the hamstring problem which is being assessed today... with our luck he'll miss this one as well.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
With Song out it would be nice to have Ramsey start, any word on if he's fit yet? If not I guess it will be Denilson, or maybe Nasri could play CM.

yuvken

Established Member
Less optimistic: I will be waiting for the news about them. They're both very important for this.
I don't buy this casual attitude here: this is one of the most important games of the season, and not at all an easy one.
Sagna RB; Do not expect Ramsey if Song is out (when we all know it'll be denilson).

Nasri is alright - that's a positive (particularly if AA is out).

outlaw_member

Established Member
Sagna isn't really required if we aren't up against any threatening wingers, though it's great to be able to turn to him when we are trying to protect the lead. In saying that, I was quite nervy with Eboue yesterday because he did allow a few openings down his flank, even if we were far for more fluid down the rightside. It really is a tough decision to choose between the two because they are so contrasting fullbacks.

Asterix

Established Member
I'd rest Arshavin and Song if they're doubtful.

Start with Sagna to give a bit more defensive solidity.

Cesc Diaby and Denilson in the midfield
Nasri Bendtner and Rosicky up front.

Let Walcott continue to get some confidence back with 20-30 minutes at the end running at their defence.

Wokich

Zico said:
Why rest players who have not played for a week. They'll just go rusty and hurt us in the Sunderland game.

This.

Our fixture-list isn't too congested. I wouldn't mind seeing rotation, but I'd look at it as making sure lots of players stay sharp as opposed to needing to get rest for people.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom