• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEFA Champions League Group Stage: Matchday 2 (Oct 3 & 4)

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Btw, Mbappe always took the plaudits but Neymar was the key man for PSG. He made things happen, he was the creative force. Mbappe is a top top player, but despite all the comparisons he's not an Henry that just does everything all on his own. Same with last season Messi did so much but never got any love from the Parisians or media. Neymar was always demonised but remember that 2020 run he was 100% the key man that year and it was the closest they ever got.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Mbappe and Haaland are elite forwards, elite finishers. They are not and never will be Messi or even Ronaldo who was the ultimate clutch player and match winner. I don't think people fully realise that those two wont be replicated, certainly not two around at the same time. We wanted a long time from Maradona to Messi, don't expect another one to just pop up instantly.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Mbappe and Haaland are elite forwards, elite finishers. They are not and never will be Messi or even Ronaldo who was the ultimate clutch player and match winner. I don't think people fully realise that those two wont be replicated, certainly not two around at the same time. We wanted a long time from Maradona to Messi, don't expect another one to just pop up instantly.
Mbappé's clutch record for France is very impressive though. He seems a different animal with the NT.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I have no idea how people can watch teams like Newcastle do so well, but not think sides of the past would kill it in this era.

United's 1999 side and our 2002 would literally rip most of the top sides of today apart, especially in the Champions League.

Would back the teams a level down from that era (Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Newcastle) to all do very well too.

It is nice to see how pace and power used correctly in a team too, our style of play is becoming a little boring with how far we are taking it.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I have no idea how people can watch teams like Newcastle do so well, but not think sides of the past would kill it in this era.

United's 1999 side and our 2002 would literally rip most of the top sides of today apart, especially in the Champions League.

Would back the teams a level down from that era (Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Newcastle) to all do very well too.

It is nice to see how pace and power used correctly in a team too, our style of play is becoming a little boring with how far we are taking it.
Arsenal just don’t have the pedigree in Europe. Sp**s don’t win trophies and Arsenal don’t do well in Europe. One of those things.

You could give us prime Messi for a decade and we’d struggle.

Riou

Arsenal just don’t have the pedigree in Europe. Sp**s don’t win trophies and Arsenal don’t do well in Europe. One of those things.

You could give us prime Messi for a decade and we’d struggle.

29 domestic trophies, but only 2 European...disappointing really.

If we could have won the Champions League in 2006 and UEFA cup in 2000 when at our peak as a club, that would have changed the only real way rival fans can have a go at us.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Mbappé's clutch record for France is very impressive though. He seems a different animal with the NT.
Yeah because France have a midfield. He's unreal when he actually gets consistent service and has someone to play off of. PSG can't even get him the ball consistently. Every one of his managers at PSG has been as silly as Deschamps and for all the money they've spent, they've never had a dominant midfield. It's actually been truly baffling to watch them neglect it like they have with all that money spent. He'll go up a level at Madrid when he finally movest their with his French mates and Jude feeding him.

Riou

Yeah because France have a midfield. He's unreal when he actually gets consistent service and has someone to play off of. PSG can't even get him the ball consistently. Every one of his managers at PSG has been as silly as Deschamps and for all the money they've spent, they've never had a dominant midfield. It's actually been truly baffling to watch them neglect it like they have with all that money spent. He'll go up a level at Madrid when he finally movest their with his French mates and Jude feeding him.

Yeah PSG are a complete joke really, the way they sign players and try to play is ridiculous.

This guy always makes me laugh though...

...hours apart these tweets 🤣

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Yeah PSG are a complete joke really, the way they sign players and try to play is ridiculous.

Lmao that's proper weirdo stuff.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

The difference between this Newcastle performance and ours last night is that Newcastle basically stuck with what they do best and believed it would work eventually. Added to that, the home crowd gave them that extra boost. They took the necessary risks and it paid off and that's what I don't like about the way we play sometimes. It's too reactionary and lacks belief in the players and their abilities.
Why does our home crowd never seem to boost our players?

blaze_of_glory

Yeah this guy is a complete joker. He was also saying last year when Jesus went down that it was good because Eddie is much better.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Our older sides had to compete with a good Bayern, top Utd and Chelsea, top Real and Barcelona, top Milan and Juventus etc, all in the same competition.

Football is so bad now compared to them day. The quality and fun is simply not there.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
To be fair. At M'bappes age Cristiano Ronaldo had clutched less and I'd imagine Messi most likely hadn't either. Both doing nothing in National level.

M'bappe in poverty league padding stats though..

Haaland is so young, way to early to write him off. Ronaldo was a nobody and a punt at united when haaland had been top scorer in CL two leagues

GDeep™

League is very weak
To be fair. At M'bappes age Cristiano Ronaldo had clutched less and I'd imagine Messi most likely hadn't either. Both doing nothing in National level.

M'bappe in poverty league padding stats though..

Haaland is so young, way to early to write him off. Ronaldo was a nobody and a punt at united when haaland had been top scorer in CL two leagues
Ronaldo had just scored 70 goals in his last 100 league games, won 3 titles and a European Cup by the age Haaland/Mbappe are now, he’s done more.

Edit - Just forgot Haaland has a European Cup.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Ronaldo had just scored 70 goals in his last 100 league games, won 3 titles and a European Cup by the age Haaland/Mbappe are now, he’s done more.

Edit - Just forgot Haaland has a European Cup.

Haaland scoring 39 goals in 38 games in europe though.

Hard to say that Haaland and mbappe won't reach their levels when they are way above them or equal at the moment.

Eye test obviously is different etc. but still

Blaziken

Our older sides had to compete with a good Bayern, top Utd and Chelsea, top Real and Barcelona, top Milan and Juventus etc, all in the same competition.

Football is so bad now compared to them day. The quality and fun is simply not there.
Nah the old arsenal sides just wasn't all that good sadly.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom