• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | FC BATE Borisov | 28/09/17 18:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
people want us to get butchered

play a strong team, we have a chance to get European silverware, dont waste any points.
I don't get it. Again. People wanting us to rest players for what, exactly? We've got TWO trophies worth a **** worth fighting for with a squad that's meant to be equipped to compete for at least 3... And we should throw a major like the EL, in the bin...

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
What tools, apart from being left-footed?

a willingness to get stuck in albeit overzelous at times (but with 3 at the back it is not such a huge matter

no slouch on the ball either running or dribbling

nice crosses/longpasses.

if we can stick a bunch of youths there of course Jack can handle it

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Wilshere at LWB is a very bad idea. Doesn`t have the stamina, pace nor the tackling ability to play there.

he doesn't need the pace and stamina of Kola/Bellerin because he can play those balls in from way deeper than them

probably better dribbler to so he can beat guys like that

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Going to miss the first half as I'll be commuting home, grr. Might be able to get it on my phone if the 4G isnt too ****.

It's free on the BT Sport app by the way.

“Gilmour is a defender or central midfielder,” the boss said. “McGuane is a defensive midfielder, and overall he can play as a wing-back or even a centre back in training. Josh Dasilva is a left wing-back or a left-centre back. Vlad Dragomir is a Romanian boy, he was with us for a few years, he’s a No 10, Wilshere-style, left-footed, a creative player.”
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-dragomir-gilmour-mcguane-dasilva#wP8wC7WUktjvhBPS.99

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-dragomir-gilmour-mcguane-dasilva#lxMA1RjtwZZBj2tR.99

Honestly. Wenger probably thinks anyone can play as center back or wing back in his 3-4-3 system.

ggunner12345

Iwobi is injured, the squad for tomorrow is : Ospina, Cech, Macey, Mertesacker, Holding, Mustafi, Wilshere, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Giroud, Nelson, Willock, McGuane, Dasilva, Akpom, Gilmour, Debuchy

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Iwobi is injured, the squad for tomorrow is : Ospina, Cech, Macey, Mertesacker, Holding, Mustafi, Wilshere, Elneny, Maitland-Niles, Walcott, Giroud, Nelson, Willock, McGuane, Dasilva, Akpom, Gilmour, Debuchy
who's this Debuchy fellow?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
“Gilmour is a defender or central midfielder,” the boss said. “McGuane is a defensive midfielder, and overall he can play as a wing-back or even a centre back in training. Josh Dasilva is a left wing-back or a left-centre back. Vlad Dragomir is a Romanian boy, he was with us for a few years, he’s a No 10, Wilshere-style, left-footed, a creative player.”
Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-dragomir-gilmour-mcguane-dasilva#wP8wC7WUktjvhBPS.99

Read more at https://www.arsenal.com/news/wenger-dragomir-gilmour-mcguane-dasilva#lxMA1RjtwZZBj2tR.99

Honestly. Wenger probably thinks anyone can play as center back or wing back in his 3-4-3 system.
Wenger is hilarious :lol:

Gilmour has never played as a defender for the U18s and Josh DaSilva up until late last season was playing almost exclusively in central midfield at youth level, like Gilmour. Where he got LCB from I don't know. He must put these guys all over the place in training :lol:.

McGuane has been playing CB this season when he's never played there before and is a midfielder (and much better there too). The only one who actually plays where Wenger says he does is Dragomir, who is pretty much a #10 who can play other midfield positions if needed. Not outstanding physically, but great left foot - can pass and shoot very well and has good vision.

Hopefully this smattering of positional changes actually works out for these boys.

Wenger is hilarious :lol:

Gilmour has never played as a defender for the U18s and Josh DaSilva up until late last season was playing almost exclusively in central midfield at youth level, like Gilmour. Where he got LCB from I don't know. He must put these guys all over the place in training :lol:.

McGuane has been playing CB this season when he's never played there before and is a midfielder (and much better there too). The only one who actually plays where Wenger says he does is Dragomir, who is pretty much a #10 who can play other midfield positions if needed. Not outstanding physically, but great left foot - can pass and shoot very well and has good vision.

Hopefully this smattering of positional changes actually works out for these boys.

He even played Nkeitiah as left wing back in his first game with the firs team.

I did say I wouldn't be worried about it yet but I'm seriously starting to think that Wenger thinks if the formation has 5 defenders then he can throw anyone in that back 5 and it is still defensive formation but with attacking players. Far fetched but you never know with Wenger these days...

They will have to make a extremely insanely fluid opinion for those who want to try Wenger formation in FM2018.

Oh_Snap

people want us to get butchered

ospina
holding mustafi monreal
bellering el neny wilshere AMN
walcott alexis
giroud
No Kola no party. I don't agree with your line up but with the point that we should play with a title contenders team and not with the kids. that's what the haribo cup and the early stages of the fa cup is for.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We're going to throw all our eggs in a no-hope PL competition so we can **** up our more realistic targets.

Smart.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We're going to throw all our eggs in a no-hope PL competition so we can **** up our more realistic targets.

Smart.
Mixed for me.

I see merit in taking the EL seriously to an extent and winning it would be good for us. However, I really want to see the youngsters get first team games and I don't think the League Cup is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom