• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Group H | FC BATE Borisov | 28/09/17 18:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We're going to throw all our eggs in a no-hope PL competition so we can **** up our more realistic targets.

Smart.

We're playing 3 matches in one week. Rotating players is a smart thing to do.

With that squad, we'll still have a competitive starting 11 that we should expect to win.

Ospina -- Mustafi, Merts, Holding -- Debuchy, Elneny, Wilshere, AMN -- Walcott, Giroud, Nelson.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Why isnt Nketiah in the squad? Hes been in the first game & the match against Doncaster aswell so I thought he's be involved in this match aswell.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We still have a squad with all respect should be more then capable of beating these teams in the group stages, but away at Bate is not easy at all.

Hope the desire and the hunger will be there tonight.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
We're playing 3 matches in one week. Rotating players is a smart thing to do.

With that squad, we'll still have a competitive starting 11 that we should expect to win.

Ospina -- Mustafi, Merts, Holding -- Debuchy, Elneny, Wilshere, AMN -- Walcott, Giroud, Nelson.
In theory maybe, but we know it doesn't work like that in practice because we are not very good. I'd like to see our strongest available 11 play that game and win that game just as our strongest available 11 would play in that game if it were a Champions League game. It's arguably our best chance of silverware and it isn't far off winning the league in terms of importance and what it should mean to this club. We haven't even entered October yet so I don't think our best players need or deserve a rest at this point. They can get plenty of that in the cup games.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
In theory maybe, but we know it doesn't work like that in practice because we are not very good. I'd like to see our strongest available 11 play that game and win that game just as our strongest available 11 would play in that game if it were a Champions League game. It's arguably our best chance of silverware and it isn't far off winning the league in terms of importance and what it should mean to this club. We haven't even entered October yet so I don't think our best players need or deserve a rest at this point. They can get plenty of that in the cup games.
I can't understand why people undervalue the Europa league.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I can't understand why people undervalue the Europa league.
It depends how you think about it.

Technically winning it means you were the 17th best team in Europe just like winning Chamiinship means you were 21st best in England.

On an emotional level though it’s still a European trophy and gets you back in to CL. We should be winning it, we are best team in it and if we don’t it’s actually pathetic

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
It depends how you think about it.

Technically winning it means you were the 17th best team in Europe just like winning Chamiinship means you were 21st best in England.

On an emotional level though it’s still a European trophy and gets you back in to CL. We should be winning it, we are best team in it and if we don’t it’s actually pathetic
we might not be the best team in it after the fall out from the CL group stage, though

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Still think we should take this competition serious, because it will mean a direct ticket back to the CL if we wont make top 4.

Keplaz

Mixed for me.

I see merit in taking the EL seriously to an extent and winning it would be good for us. However, I really want to see the youngsters get first team games and I don't think the League Cup is enough.
I think you have a point. The league cup isn't enough at all. I read an article a few weeks ago: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41348471 about Man City buying Girona so they can send their kids on loan as Pep doesn't think the U23s are competitive enough or prepare the youth enough for the large crowds they will eventually play in front off. He thinks English youngsters are at a disadvantage compared to the Spanish ones where B teams can play in the equivalent of the Championship. Read it if you get a chance.

Keplaz

Still think we should take this competition serious, because it will mean a direct ticket back to the CL if we wont make top 4.
It's a tough decision for the manager. We've started badly and the league is as competitive as its ever been. These guys only had two days rest and then will play on Sunday and then for their countries. I think he wants to win it but may possibly play his best sides at home where we have a better chance of winning, and also fatigue and jet lag have a lesser impact.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We can take this comp seriously and still rest some players. We need a mixture of experience and youth and if Wenger picks the right players we should win. What we don't want is to rest too many players and lose the game, this would just add pressure in the next game. I'm hoping for Wilshere & Elneny in the middle, Giroud up front and a decent back 3 of Mustafi/Per/Holding.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's a tough decision for the manager. We've started badly and the league is as competitive as its ever been. These guys only had two days rest and then will play on Sunday and then for their countries. I think he wants to win it but may possibly play his best sides at home where we have a better chance of winning, and also fatigue and jet lag have a lesser impact.
Which is exactly why we should cut our losses and concentrate on competitions we can actually get results in. We're absolute garbage in the league. @Makingtrax will remind you that we have very consistent results between March and September but the league is won between August one year and May the next, not during the fekkin summer break.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Which is exactly why we should cut our losses and concentrate on competitions we can actually get results in. We're absolute garbage in the league. @Makingtrax will remind you that we have very consistent results between March and September but the league is won between August one year and May the next, not during the fekkin summer break.
We may not win the league but it's really important for us to get back into the top 4. I think it's better for the morale and image of the club and the supporters rather than giving up on it and dawdling about in midtable mediocrity.

say yes

forum master baiter
Might have to give this game a miss, looking at some of these lineups genuinely makes me feel queasy.

Giroud & Walcott combo up front is worse than haemarroids. You’ll have someone playing LWB who definitely isn’t a LWB, Elneny struggling to impose himself against the kind of club he should be playing for.

At least we’ll have Ospina providing some comic relief at the back.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
We may not win the league but it's really important for us to get back into the top 4. I think it's better for the morale and image of the club and the supporters rather than giving up on it and dawdling about in midtable mediocrity.
I don't think it is that important. United have now shown that if you can't get into the top four (which I believe is the case for us now) then you go for that Europa win to get you back in the CL.

A) Being in the Europa is going to hinder our league performances
B) Being in Europa is a massive opportunity for European silverware (best we've had since Paris)

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
I don't think it is that important. United have now shown that if you can't get into the top four (which I believe is the case for us now) then you go for that Europa win to get you back in the CL.

A) Being in the Europa is going to hinder our league performances
B) Being in Europa is a massive opportunity for European silverware (best we've had since Paris)
I don't think you can categorically rule us out of top 4 running this early.Sp**s, Liverpool both of them have shown vulnerabilities and I think thatthe final 4th spot is still there for the taking. I would really like for us to win a European trophy as well but not by completely sacrificing our league campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom