• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

W.B.A. vs Arsenal | EPL | 03/03/09 | 19:45 | ATVO

patrick42uk

Established Member
RVP is probably fatigued, given he has played up top by himself these last two games. He can always come off the bench. We have a goalscoring threat on the pitch with Arshavin.

progman07

Established Member
qs said:
progman07 said:
Almunia

Sagna Djourou Touré Clichy

Eboue Denilson Song Nasri

Arshavin

Bendtner

Massive responsibility for Bendtner. Not only because he's without Robin or Carlos but because bar Nasri theres not much chance of goals in that midfield.

Wonder did Robin ask to be rested again.
You mean bar Arshavin. He shot more in his two games in our shirt than Nasri in his last 10.

McIntyre

Established Member
My Lord, that is an awful starting line-up!

I really hope it comes off but I'm now very nervous.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
progman07 said:
qs said:
progman07 said:
Almunia

Arshavin

Bendtner

Massive responsibility for Bendtner. Not only because he's without Robin or Carlos but because bar Nasri theres not much chance of goals in that midfield.

You mean bar Arshavin. He shot more in his two games in our shirt than Nasri in his last 10.
Well, the outcome was still the same. I think he counted Arshavin as a secondary striker in this game though. He won't play as a midfielder.

qs

Established Member
progman07 said:
qs said:
progman07 said:
Almunia

Arshavin

Bendtner

Well I wasn't really including Arshavin as part of the midfield. I want to see him be the new Bergkamp tonight.

Unforgiven

Established Member
looking at the lineup on SSN Arshavin is play as a supporting striker. It could be Nasri playing the role but I cannot see Arshavin playing on the left since he has been on the right.

Sagna------Toure------Djourou------Clichy

Eboue--------Denilson-------Song------Nasri

-------------Arshavin------------------------
--------------------Bendtner--------------

that is the formation for tonight from what I can see.

AFCFan4Ever

Arshavin is much more dangerous in the hole behind Bendtner and it'll help him with conserving energy and staying fit...not as much tracking back.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
Water-logged pitch with no midfield, eh?

Hurm...

Cool to see Arshavin in his preferred role, though. My bet is on him having a game and a half.

1-0 (Robin)

progman07

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:
Arshavin is much more dangerous in the hole behind Bendtner and it'll help him with conserving energy and staying fit...not as much tracking back.
Not sure about that, last year in the CL Hleb always ran more than Diaby and Eboue, so I don't think an AM runs less than a winger.

Unforgiven

Established Member
I see Arshavin getting the ball a lot now, unlike the games he has had before. I think we will see some of his finishing, and I know he will take his chances.

I think a 2-0 win.

Nela

Established Member
RvP has played so many games lately, it's not that strange that he's being rested.

Didn't RvP himself ask Wenger to rest him against West Ham in the fall because he didn't want to start so many games in such a short period?

Illusion

Established Member
We're not even on the radio tonight, 5Live is covering Chelsea and Sports Extra is doing Liverpool.. balls.

patrick42uk

Established Member
AFCFan4Ever said:

This a good point. Let the midfield 4 do all the donkey work, so Arshavin can focus his energies and being productive offensively.

lol, apparantly if we draw today thats 5 0-0s in a row, a premiership record.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom