• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: Trust me in this summer's transfer market

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvken

Established Member
spaceship when other teams go for Cl semi's by bus (and play like clowns) - not a bad idea. We've already a spaced out leader, so I guess it's all in place.

Don - I was pissed we didn't cover for Robing in January. But he was never going to be let go when his team was fighting in all fronts. I am also pissed at the line Wenger draws with spending - but the idea of being prudent =* permanent flaw is too much. He needs to strike a more sensible balance, and not have the economical s**t on top of his preference list.

*borrowed this from Anzac. Hope it's cool.

yuvken

Established Member
I am really surprised at all of you, it's a no-brainer: the dancing bear is our new GK. And a massive improvement too.

yuvken

Established Member
and trouble with animal welfare org's (we'll have to prove he takes the space shuttle back to the forest after each game and practice; perhaps we can spin it that he only came here for the grove?)

Come to think of it, we already have a rocket car, only it's on loan. So we only need to bring back the JET.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'm in the library revising, so I've gone insane enough as it is without this thread sending me over the edge :lol:

yuvken

Established Member
once we get that vehicle, we're favorites for inter-planetary league. And we're getting that "reveal unknown talent" edge we lost: there's a 9 year old martian who can really make the ball seem like it's in 2 different places at the same time (yes, we've signed him on a pre contract. He says he chose us coz only Wenger gives young ET's a chance to grow).

DK Gooner

yuvken said:
once we get that vehicle, we're favorites for inter-planetary league. And we're getting that "reveal unknown talent" edge we lost: there's a 9 year old martian who can really make the ball seem like it's in 2 different places at the same time (yes, we've signed him on a pre contract. He says he chose us coz only Wenger gives young ET's a chance to grow).

Good ol' Wenger. Always one step ahead in the transfer market. When everyone else focused on the British Market, he went continental. When everyone else went continental he went global. When they wnet global, Arsène went inter-planetary. I wonder how he'll follow that up.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
yuvken said:
Such as JET?

yuvken

Established Member
No, no. Concentrate (you're in the library, ffs). JET's only here for his car.
Other ET's around (and verminators, and galactic creatures, and silvestre).

Zico

Established Member
Summer Transfer List Typical Fan Dreams About
GK - Buffon
CD - Chiellini
CM - De Rossi
AM - Ribery
ST - Benzema

Summer Transfer List Typical Fan Realistically Hopes For
GK - Hart
CD - Cahill
CM - Melo
AM - Hazard
ST - Chamakh

Summer Transfers that Wenger will Execute
GK - Lopez
CD - Pape Malickou Diakhate
CM - Nobody - would get in Diaby's way
AM - Nobody - would get in Walcott's way
ST - Chamakh

sammy89

I find it quite annoying that people actually want 5 first team players to come in. Seriously?

I think we just need a first team keeper, a sub for van Persie and a sub for Song. The two things that cost us this season were keeper cockups, and the way the whole team dynamic changes when either Song or van Persie are out.

(Ps: I'm obviously assuming Gallas stays, but in case he doesn't, then we would just need two first-team additions)

regele

Established Member
We've got Chamakh in the bag, so I'd be pretty thrilled if he bought a good keeper(Buffon or Hart would be fantastic), a CB and sold Tweety.

progman07

Established Member
I'd get in an experienced midfielder, because even though Song, Diaby have improved a lot and we have Denilson, Nasri, whoever, we really miss leadership and most importantly discipline there.
What happens when Cesc is missing? Our midfield is clueless, nobody knows where to move and what to do, and it's not their fault - they are young, and aren't used to carrying a midfield alone. When Cesc is there, they can at least look up to someone, but he can't always be there.

Then a winger should come in, who has got a very intelligent movement around the box, who can and WANTS TO dribble through defenders. Is it Chamakh? I think he is more of a striker, even if Wenger will play him out wide. We need him in the box for crosses.

I don't see us winning trophies next season just because we have signed a keeper... we lost 9 (!) games in 09/10 (just in the league), people can blame Almunia and Fabianski, but 9 games are still 9 games, and not only because we don't have Casillas. Next season I don't believe Man Utd will lose 7 games again, so we need to improve a lot more than just signing Chamakh and a keeper...

Gonner_88

Established Member
Why are some people still intent on getting rid of some players from our squad. Have you learned nothing these past 5 years? We need to ADD quality to the squad rather than getting RID of players and then replacing them. What happens when these new players get injured?? We'll be in the same position we have been these past 5 seasons. We need good squad depth.

I think we should keep everyone bar Silvestre, as I don't think he is any good for us.

Since we've already got Chamakh, the striker position is sorted. Now we're only missing a GK and a CB. A midfielder is not an issue at the moment. I'd rather Wenger sorted out those two positions.

I trust him to buy the necessary players this summer and hopefully we'll end this dreadful barren run :)

Timleaf

Established Member
Charlie Nicholas said on Soccer Saturday that he's heard we're looking at 3 or 4 new, experienced signings, starting with a 'keeper.

Take that how you will.

KY

Established Member
..with a handful of salt and a whole bunch of freshly grounded pepper. A bit of rosemary wouldn't hurt.

ricky1985

Established Member
It's being reported in France that the outcome of a "final" meeting in Paris, between Wenger and Gallas, has resulted in Gallas telling Wenger he's not going to sign a new contract.

Gallas to Arsenal, it's over ...
William Gallas has made his decision. According to our information, the defender, free in June, will not extend his contract with Arsenal. He has warned Arsène Wenger, the manager of Arsenal, of his choice. The two men disagreed: Gallas, 33 in August, wanted a contract extension of two years, while Wenger remained faithful to his policy of not giving more than one-year extensions to players aged over 30 years.

This decision to leave Arsenal Gallas close PSG. He has already met a leader of the Paris club and discussions are continuing. But AS Roma Claudio Ranieri, his former coach at Chelsea, has also made its priority
If it's true, then at least it gives us plenty of time to go out and get a capable replacement.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I like Gallas as a player, but he's too injury prone, especially for a position where we need consistency and a reliable partnership. If this means that we buy a good replacement than this will only benefit us.. Hopefully we'll also sell Silvestre and get in a decent back-up in his place.

Mastadon

Established Member
sammy89 said:
I find it quite annoying that people actually want 5 first team players to come in. Seriously?

I think we just need a first team keeper, a sub for van Persie and a sub for Song. The two things that cost us this season were keeper cockups, and the way the whole team dynamic changes when either Song or van Persie are out.

(Ps: I'm obviously assuming Gallas stays, but in case he doesn't, then we would just need two first-team additions)

If the objective if to actually win the premier league instead of just finishing in the top 4 then I think we need at least 4 first team players to come in, and 5 would be great. I don`t think anyone can argue with the fact that we need a new keeper, defender (1 at least), midfielder and attacker. The likes of Walcott, Rosicky and Diaby can`t be relied on if you want to win the league that`s what has been proven this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom