• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wenger: Trust me in this summer's transfer market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Freagle said:
Fair enough DK Gooner.

Here seems to be Arsenes first signing, Chamakh.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-confident-over-chamakh-signing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... kh-signing</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uch, Chamakh represents everything that's wrong with our transfer policy; the fact that we're willing to compromise on-pitch success so that we can save money.

Perhaps it's not fair on him and it isn't a response to his ability but I don't think I'll resent a signing more than this one.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
I think that is unfair on a number of levels Don ;) though I take it if we splash out on quality elsewhere you'd be delighted with Chamakh for free

Kraig

Established Member
a tad harsh don. Granted, id have prefered david villa, but that was hardly going to happen.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
I think that is unfair on a number of levels Don ;) though I take it if we splash out on quality elsewhere you'd be delighted with Chamakh for free

I know it's unfair. It's Wenger that I'm ultimately pissed with.

It's a big 'if' that'll we splash out. Personally, I think Chamakh will be our only serious signing (assuming Gallas stays) which is incredibly foolish. We need a new winger (or two), someone to rotate with Song and ideally a new goalkeeper. I don't even think that would be a massive overhaul. We only need to make slight adjustments to the squad to make a big difference.

Will that happen?

Of course not. Arsène's been in the job too long now, can't see the wood for the trees.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Kraig said:
a tad harsh don. Granted, id have prefered david villa, but that was hardly going to happen.

It's not a reflection of his talent, it's what he represents; our philosophy to penny-pinch above all else. The club is financially driven, like all clubs in the modern game, the only difference is that we have a manager who is happy to comply with such an exercise.

Anzac

Established Member
Don Pacifico said:
Kraig said:

It's not a reflection of his talent, it's what he represents; our philosophy to penny-pinch above all else. The club is financially driven, like all clubs in the modern game, the only difference is that we have a manager who is happy to comply with such an exercise.

H*ll I'd say he both promotes AND actively persues it......

Kraig

Established Member
but we got sol for free too? (originally i mean and in jan)

surely if a player has the talent then irrespective of cost, whether expensive or free is irrelevant

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Kraig said:

surely if a player has the talent then irrespective of cost, whether expensive or free is irrelevant

Well the way I see it, the sole reason we didn't buy a striker last summer and the reason we didn't buy in January when we knew Robin was out was because we were waiting to get Chamakh on a free.

For me, that's inexcusable.

Anzac

Established Member
Kraig said:

Sol's an emergency cover & not a starting player.

Kraig

Established Member
not when we first signed him.

i see dons pov as i think a striker in jan would have helped. however, bendtners form more than made up for it. we fell apart becausewenger didnt strengthen in the right areas and i personally dont think FW was one of them.

for me, getting chamakh in for free is a great deal, as in the open market hes a 11 mill+ player. if wenger gets joe cole for free too ill praise him on that too. as there talent is there for all to see.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Chamakh + a wide forward + bringing Wilshere into the squad + a goalkeeper + 2 centre backs + the third midfielder. K thx bye.

Burnwinter

Established Member
The rocket car would be faster than Theo and get past its man more easily, and the dancing bear would be quality cover for Song.

The spaceship on the other hand - it would provide much needed solidity in defence, but I think the multiple hour launch sequence would probably limit its usefulness, and regular maintenance requirements would mean it wouldn't be available for every match.

If only we had a manager who was willing to lay out on a spaceship with a shorter launch sequence.

Burnwinter

Established Member
That ****ing spaceship - constantly getting called for offside, then during the off season it's always showing its arse to Cydonia Utd.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Although I guess we already have a dancing tiger..

solhr8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom