• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What number for Reyes?

What number for Jose?

• Franny's no. 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dennis' no. 10

• Sylvian's no. 11

• 34's free, wait til he proves himself

• Total voters

Feis-al

To avoid this feeling of hyping him, lets try another number though personally I would have preferd 9 for him and keep Bentley aware that he has a future and he is the real next Bergkamp while Reyes would be the next Pires

Andrew

I don't know why everyone all of a sudden thinks so highly of Bentley. Yes, he scored a good goal and seems to play well in cameos. But throw him in a pressure situation and lets see how he really goes. He still has a long way to go to convince me that he's worthy of the number 10 shirt.

thegame24

Established Member
Andrew said:
I don't know why everyone all of a sudden thinks so highly of Bentley. Yes, he scored a good goal and seems to play well in cameos. But throw him in a pressure situation and lets see how he really goes. He still has a long way to go to convince me that he's worthy of the number 10 shirt.

BINGO

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
While we're on numbers, will Sol remain #23 until he retires/whatever?

Yes - it's in his contract. It's the number he wanted.

Andrew - because some of us have been watching this kid for a few years, and he is going to be absolutely massive. If you look back at my posts (for instance) I've been talking about him being the best thing since Brady at least for a long time.

Andrew

ExiledInNewcastle said:
Mad Jens said:
While we're on numbers, will Sol remain #23 until he retires/whatever?

Yes - it's in his contract. It's the number he wanted.

Andrew - because some of us have been watching this kid for a few years, and he is going to be absolutely massive. If you look back at my posts (for instance) I've been talking about him being the best thing since Brady at least for a long time.

OK, understand. But there was a lot of negativity after the Carling Cup match about Bentley, yet I've noticed in general there's been a huge turnaround after that goal in the FA Cup. Still, he has to prove himself at the highest level before he gets the number 10 shirt.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Please correct me if Im wrong but far as I know Jeffers is still at Arsenal well on loan but registred as no9.
If that is so Reyes can not be no.9 as its,Jeffers number.
I think he probaly be no2

slapz

Natnat said:
Please correct me if Im wrong but far as I know Jeffers is still at Arsenal well on loan but registred as no9.

Can't they change Jeffers' number? I doubt if anyone has bought the top with his name on it so it wont matter.

I dont think number 2 looks good on someone playing up front. Number 2 is a defenders number so i think if he cant get number 9, then he'll probably get a 30-odd number for this season and then change to 9 at start of next season.

As for Bentley wanting number 10... I'd have Aliadiere looking for that number as he looks a sure bet to be a first team regular soon

Andrew

slapz said:
Natnat said:

Can't they change Jeffers' number? I doubt if anyone has bought the top with his name on it so it wont matter.

I dont think number 2 looks good on someone playing up front. Number 2 is a defenders number so i think if he cant get number 9, then he'll probably get a 30-odd number for this season and then change to 9 at start of next season.

As for Bentley wanting number 10... I'd have Aliadiere looking for that number as he looks a sure bet to be a first team regular soon

If they prove their worth... I think Ali should get the 9, Reyes the 11 (being a winger type) and Bentley the 10 (being a playmaker). Reyes could have the 10, but if Bentley really does turn out to be the next Dennis Bergkamp then keep the 10 for him. I'm sure it will also mean a lot to him as well.

slapz

Good points there Andrew but if Dennis goes this season, then no point giving the number 10 to someone who isnt really likely to make many starts in the team which is what will happen with bentley as he has too much competition on the wing

thegame24

Established Member
NUMBER 11

is the magic number. you get that shirt and you become man utds devil.
only problem is that all the 11s who do beat manure end up leaving.

Wheelori

it's a squad number for crying out loud, the kid can wear 87 for all i care, it's how he plays not how he looks.

it's obviously going to be a double number, just so arsenal can milk money from merchandise/shirt sales. it was what the whole Beckham23 thing was all about.

lets just see if the kid can play yeah.

lewdikris

Established Member
Number 9 all the way baby!

Although it's not important, i still think it's nice to have the obvious first teamers get the old style squad numbers.

Give Kolo the 2 or 6 - or maybe the 5 if Keown retires.

TH14 is now a legendary number in its own right, so we can keep that.

But when Wiltord goes one of Ali or Bentley should be given that number, with the other one getting the number 10 when Bergy retires....

JazzG

Established Member
Natnat said:
You are wrong :) Morientes left R.Madrid on a season long loan to Monaco and he was their No.9, that shirt has now been given to Ronaldo.

No.9 isn't ideal for his type of player but our shirt numbers are ****ed up as it is so its not like we will care :lol:

Webdesignlab

Established Member
A funny thing ... On the Arsenal.com website they give him no number, but have him down as MF rather than F.

Franny still has number 9 on that, then again their website is very slow at been updated, Granada spend too much time counting the money from Arsenal.

slapz

lewdikris said:
Although it's not important, i still think it's nice to have the obvious first teamers get the old style squad numbers.

Great point.. but then someone could rise through the ranks and storm into the 1st team with a high number and then its back to the current situation

The only way to get the old style would be to go back and get rid of names from shirts

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom