• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

What number for Reyes?

What number for Jose?

• Franny's no. 9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dennis' no. 10

• Sylvian's no. 11

• 34's free, wait til he proves himself

• Total voters

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
JazzG said:
Natnat said:
Please correct me if Im wrong but far as I know Jeffers is still at Arsenal well on loan but registred as no9.
If that is so Reyes can not be no.9 as its,Jeffers number.
I think he probaly be no2
You are wrong :) Morientes left R.Madrid on a season long loan to Monaco and he was their No.9, that shirt has now been given to Ronaldo.

No.9 isn't ideal for his type of player but our shirt numbers are f*d up as it is so its not like we will care :lol:

I think you'll find Morientes hadn't been given a squad number for the season when he went on loan, whereas Jeffers had. I'd give him number 6. I know it's a defenders number, but it'd save a defender having the pressure of the shirt. When Wrighty left Wenger said he wouldn't give the number 8 to a striker because of the pressure which is why Freddie got it.

Mark

Established Member
i was watching skysports news and they were talking about reyes and showed shops printing arsenal shirts with reyes 9 on the back, so that must be his new number. i don't mind but if i were to choose i'd give him 9 or 11.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I think 9 must be Reyes shirt; problem is Franny might come back. If Everton don't want him where the hell else is he going to go!

Sol man

He will be given the no 9. If not he will be given the no 34 until the summer and then he will take bergys 10. Wenger might not give him the no 9 just not to dishearten Franny.

GoonerLuke

At the beginning of next season...

Reyes #9
Ali #11
Bentley #10 (whenever Bergkamp retires)
Kolo #5
(Senderos, if he proves himself, will be #6 for the 2005-06 season)

But we shouldn't give away Franny's number until his future is sorted out, it's not a classy thing to do, and not an Arsenal thing to do.

Mark

Established Member
i think reyes might be 11 and ali will be 9, 11 seems better for a left winger, but i dunno. i also think toure should be 6 since he has already proven what a great player he is and i think he could prove to be another famous arsenal legend over the years. we haven't seen anything from senderos yet but if he does well i think the number 5 would be a good number for him.

Mark

Established Member
bergkamp is indeed a legend and i doubt a better player will ever wear that number 10 shirt for us, but please no retiring numbers...

Adam

Established Member
There are alot of numbers in the first 11 that are possibly up for grabs at the end of the season - 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11

JazzG

Established Member
Don't forget 4, 14............ ;)

Ok but seriously he prolly shouldn't get the No.9 shirt as that is the shirt given to your proper strikers. Something like No.7 would be ideal but Bobby will keep that for now. I think it is out of 9/11/34. 11 would probably be the best but don't think Wiltord will give it up too easily!

jeremiesgirl

I think Reyes should have the no 9 shirt as we dont need a lasting memory of Jeffers. I think Bergie's no.10 shirt should stay as his and not be replaced - hes a legend!

Andrew

Jinn said:
Campbell WANTED that number.

How many times do we have to say that? Some people just don't get it... Campbell will remain with the 23 until the day he leaves Arsenal.

Toure I think will get the number 2, seeing his ability to play at right back. I can't see the number 6 going to anyone unless we get someone truly world class.

Anyway, the numbers really aren't important.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom