• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) are you most excited to see in pre season? (Pre season thread)

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
As much as I am exited to see all of them, ones I am most excited about are those who I expect to get to next level like theo and welbeck. Alexis coming late is a blessing as those 2, and Giroud, will have those preseason matches for themselves to fight for and earn starting 11 place for the sason opening.

gabriel will become a beast, but as good as he gets this season I still think he will have to wait for injury or poor form of Per to get into the team.

Ox, all I want to see from him is health and composure. Everyrhing else will come easy after that

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He needs to play every week, think he'd stand a better chance in the Bundesliga.

Mastadon

Established Member
Is this guy still on our books? He's half way to a testimonial and he hasn't even made his debut yet.

Impact

Established Member
We have so many players that are at stages where they can be legitimately expected to improve.

I'm looking forward to seeing Gabriel and Chambers. I think Mertesacker has been really good for Arsenal, but these two offer a skill set that would better suit our game. It's up to them to take his position.

In midfield, Wilshere and Chamberlain are my two picks. I think they have the talent to be mentioned in the same group as any players in the world around their age. It's all about remaining fit for them.

Up front, Walcott and Welbeck. Both are pivotal to our chances of trophies next year. If they step up, we'll look great. If they don't, we'll be dire.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Perfect place to send him. Bournemouth play attractive football and he will break into that side and get game time. No reason why they both can't play at the same time.

Gnabry on the Left, Atsu on right and Wilson upfront Bournemouth just might be able to stay up after all.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I forgot to mention Chambers. Now that I think about it he might be a surprise for this season.
He is 20, Wenger paid good money for him, played a lot first half of the season and he did well. We all agree he aint no fullback, bit did well as Cb. Wenger did say he sees him as Dm but maybe we should take him a bit more serious and expect that to happen soon, as cover for Coquelin.
Reads game well, can tackle and put jim self in good position. Also has skills to get forward, even if he ends up on the wing at times.
I can see Wenger take his time during preseason when it comes to transfers, after he sees how ready Calum is.

Last edited:

senna

Gabriel - need him to kick on and replace mert.
Theo - I expect Wenger will start playing him upfront.
Akpom - dont want another seaosn fo Giroud.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I'm excited to see the fringe players get a chance be it Akpom, Gnabry , Zelalem, or Wellington. Maybe one of them impresses so much that they become a part of the first team.
The rest of the team I'll see plenty of during regular season.

blaze_of_glory

Man, I completely forgot about Wellington. His work permit thing took so long I just kind of figured we'd never see him play for us.

Salieri

these two.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/473576262-mesut-Özil-and-serge-gnabry-of-arsenal-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZBoPZ7HnTI0TH7o58vpMXmAhsglwDarxmM74W2%2F8d9EPKQl3ywhmiXtms2ltN4Xxw%3D%3D
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/472842994-serge-gnabry-and-mesut-Özil-of-arsenal-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVk5FXQSCbBpqDFHbeXtT0qs1vYq395pD0iY0y4APHE9vHF7HR%2B%2FEo8i9p9vckPYkQ%3D%3D

Özil will have the first pre-season with us. While Gnabry was playing well at the end of last season and might very much be next year's Bellerin.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

these two.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/473576262-mesut-Özil-and-serge-gnabry-of-arsenal-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZBoPZ7HnTI0TH7o58vpMXmAhsglwDarxmM74W2%2F8d9EPKQl3ywhmiXtms2ltN4Xxw%3D%3D
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/472842994-serge-gnabry-and-mesut-Özil-of-arsenal-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QVk5FXQSCbBpqDFHbeXtT0qs1vYq395pD0iY0y4APHE9vHF7HR%2B%2FEo8i9p9vckPYkQ%3D%3D

Özil will have the first pre-season with us. While Gnabry was playing well at the end of last season and might very much be next year's Bellerin.

Özil has the potential to have a Team of the season season if the end of last season is any indication!

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom