• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Which player(s) are you most excited to see in pre season? (Pre season thread)

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Bellerin has changed his squad number to 24 (which you can see in the pic above) Akpom has changed to 32

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
image.jpg

image.jpg

Wellington Silva trains with the first team for pre-season. I wanna get a look at this guy.

Nice, I never thought we'd see him in and Arsenal shirt and he'll probably be loaned out but it wouldn't surprise me if Wellington has a break out season either. There's been no stability in his development but he's a real flair player.

Danskin

Established Member
Gonna be interesting to see what he can do in pre-season. I'm sure he will get a fair amount of minutes to impress, hope it works out for him.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Tbf though most refs are ****e in this league, Taylor happens to be one of the worst though

Danskin

Established Member
Who cares anyway, if we play better than them and take our chances the ref won't get in our way (I hope :D)

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
There a so many reasons and players to be excited about during this preseason. It is actually a shame that the season is starting earlier than normal because it would be great if the team had have more time to train together.

Firstly, the fact that we already have a settled squad, won't be waiting for a marque signing at the end of the transfer window, and don't have most of our players competing in an international tournament is wonderful. Alexis is the only player that won't be fit at the beginning of the season.

As for players I really think this is the time that Wilshere could step up. He can play on both flanks, as a B2B and could even be an option at DM. A mature Jack could be a revelation this season.

Also, our crop of young players is exceptional this summer. One of them may be able to step up and become a part of the first team this season, but at the least we'll be able to loan a lot of these players out this season, and next season a handful of them could be ready to contribute.

And slightly unrelated, I'd like it if Benik Afobe has another great season and we entertain bringing him back next season. He is Arsenal through and through.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
As few have said, I am curious to see if Wenger will want to refine our system in preseason.

I remember few seasons ago, when he made massive changes going with 4-3-3 and we were on a roll, by hammering Everton 1-6 on opening day. But then injuries broke those plans up.

I do fear Wenger might go with 4-1-4-1 again, as Alexis will be absent and there's no solid replacement for Alexis on LW. Yes Santi and Özil can play there, but we all know they're not even 50% of what can they do from central positions.

I am looking forward to see what Bielik has to offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes standout performances and is handed a first team slot. I've read lots of good reviews of him (not that I've seen him :) )

I also have hopes that Jon Toral can show some of his skills. I've watched few of his matches for Brentford, he looked quite composed on the ball and has a good sense of making great passes. @MutableEarth can offer more insight on Toral. His chances at making it here are slim due to many midfielders we have, but he's the one who can have a good season on our Cup games and possibly on another loan.

From our squad, I do expect Bellerin to improve further, Ox and Wilshere can have great seasons, Theo can really continue on where he left and try his best on CF.

But the most I'm looking forward to is Mesut Özil. He will have a full preseason, is well rested, finished the season on good form and think could potentially be a great season from him. #YaGunnersYa

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom