• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Athletic vs Arsenal (Sunday 4pm on Sky Sports 1)

hujja

Established Member
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
We lacked the right attitude today and and we weren't up for the fight.

What game were you watching, we didn't play our best football even for the pitch we were playing on, but questioning our attitude and desire and fight, what the f**k are you on about?
Our desire to fight to a lesser extend. Our attitude towards the game was piss poor.

The pitch was disgraceful but its no excuse for how bad we were all afternoon.

Awful performance.

Are you f****g serious, you are questioning our attitude towards this game, we had players running their heart out challenging for every ball with full committment for 90 minutes, some fans can be so apathetic.

NO use arguing Rohit.

Once we don't win a game, on A-M it automatically means we weren't up for it, we were lethargic, unmotivated, uninspired, piss poor etc. etc. etc.

Rohit

Established Member
jay-d said:
Big Poppa said:
I think Ade let the disappointment of missing that early chance get to him, his performance deteriorated badly afterwards. He wasn't the only one though, our general play in the last third was piss poor. Hleb was extremely ineffectual and predictable and Cesc wasn't great.

At some stage of the season, our lack of genuine wide options was always going to come back and bite us hard in the ass. Seeing our best centre-half running around like a headless chicken on the wing in the last 20 mins kinda summed it up.

The highlighted part basically sums it up. We should have bought so we had options when this happens as it ALWAYS does.

Arsène Wenger cannot really plan for injuries to Eduardo, Diaby, Rosicky, Walcott and a suspension to Eboue all at the same time, all of them being wide options. We have just been very unlucky with injuries, we either sell some injury prone player and then buy or stay the way we are. What if Wenger buys player XYZ and we don't have so many injuries? We have a Lassana Diarra all over again.

True Gooner

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:

What game were you watching, we didn't play our best football even for the pitch we were playing on, but questioning our attitude and desire and fight, what the f**k are you on about?
Our desire to fight to a lesser extend. Our attitude towards the game was piss poor.

Awful performance.

Are you f****g serious, you are questioning our attitude towards this game, we had players running their heart out challenging for every ball with full committment for 90 minutes, some fans can be so apathetic.
Questionning their commitment is insulting. I really can't understand some of the irrational criticism on here.

I think they were tired, emotional and mentally. Not an excuse, I know, but its not right to say that they do not want to win the title.

Im disappointed that we lost points in these 3 games, but we have to move on and stop blaming an individual player, which I know is hard for some of you.

awooga83

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
awooga83 said:
bluenaz said:
and they didn't have to play in Italy a couple of days ago. You should take that in hand as well.

Would say that point is irrelevant because thats part of the deal with being a top club and wanting to win many things your in the competitions and when its all going well people don't moan about the fixtures. We had 4 days since that so they should be recovered. If you think its a problem then don't bother competing in it.
It's a fact mate. We deal with it, but it's part of the reason we couldn't manage to score today.

It is a fact but thats par for the course no point bringing it up because we have to cope with that its the price of being a big team and having more money, bigger squads better players etc.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Tony Montana said:
Wigan had to play on that pitch as well mate. It's not as if it would have only affected us. We had chances to score and players had poor games.

We've lost and drawn on good pitches before Gurgen. If Wigan had a good pitch, it doesn't mean we would have won.

Oh dear Tony, do I really need to explain this?

Of course Wigan had to play on the pitch as well, but Wigan don't play football do they? They foul the other team and hoof it to some big f*r up front. So for them, that pitch is perfect.

If Wigan had a good pitch, it doesn't necessarily mean we would have won. But it would be far more likely don't you agree? Remember when Bendtner was through but the ball bounced up before he could square it? Remember when RvP worked space for a shot but the ball bounced up before he made contact?

We've drawn games on a good pitch before, but I fail to see how that is relevant. In most of those games we were lazy or uninspired. That was not the case today.

My main gripe is these pre-conditions we must have in order to win a game. There will be other teams who do pass the ball (maybe not as well as uss) and will beat Wigan on a pitch like that. I'm sure about that.

We need to play teams who"play football", who are not too physical, on great pitches with nice weather.

Some players like Ade had poor games regardless of the pitch. This is what i'm getting at. It's a shame we have to have so many conditions to win. This harps back to Wenger's, 'you cannot call it real football' comment.

hujja

Established Member
I saw fatigue at around the 80th minute mark.

Understandable.

I'd be tired too if I had to trudge through a marsh for more than an hour.

henry79

Rohit said:
jay-d said:
Big Poppa said:
I think Ade let the disappointment of missing that early chance get to him, his performance deteriorated badly afterwards. He wasn't the only one though, our general play in the last third was piss poor. Hleb was extremely ineffectual and predictable and Cesc wasn't great.

At some stage of the season, our lack of genuine wide options was always going to come back and bite us hard in the ass. Seeing our best centre-half running around like a headless chicken on the wing in the last 20 mins kinda summed it up.

The highlighted part basically sums it up. We should have bought so we had options when this happens as it ALWAYS does.

Arsène Wenger cannot really plan for injuries to Eduardo, Diaby, Rosicky, Walcott and a suspension to Eboue all at the same time, all of them being wide options. We have just been very unlucky with injuries, we either sell some injury prone player and then buy or stay the way we are. What if Wenger buys player XYZ and we don't have so many injuries? We have a Lassana Diarra all over again.

he shouldnt even been playing diaby and eboue there in the first place. one is a right back the other is a CM,when ever they play there they dont offer us anything.all of us thought we needed genuine winger to be signed. as after hleb and rosicky the standard droppps and rosicky is injury prone i am sure wenger knew the guy wouldnt last a whole season. even if he didnt buy in the summer he still had another chance to buy in january and he didnt, he thought the squad was good enough.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
true gooner said:
stiiphunn said:
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:
Rohit said:
arsenalfc0719 said:

Awful performance.

Questionning their commitment is insulting. I really can't understand some of the irrational criticism on here.

I think they were tired, emotional and mentally. Not an excuse, I know, but its not right to say that they do not want to win the title.
I'm not saying we don't want the tittle, thats would be nonsense. I said we weren't up for the fight, emotionally and mentally.

We were very lethargic and looked very tired.

Rohit, take it easy man.

Rohit

Established Member
Even for that dumping ground of a pitch i thought our execution was poor. Also, Championship winning teams do have such days. Chelsea almost had such days every game in the seasons they won the title and Man Utd. have done it so many times i.e. taken the one or two chances they create. Where we dropped the two points was not taking our chances when we had them.

stiiphunn

Established Member
awooga83 said:
It is a fact but thats par for the course no point bringing it up because we have to cope with that its the price of being a big team and having more money, bigger squads better players etc.
I see what you're saying but if you want to explain the result you have to talk about it- just like the awful pitch, etc... otherwise your assessment is messed up.
Anyway, does not matter now.

True Gooner

Established Member
Rohit said:
I for one saw no signs of physical or mental fatigue.

What do you mean?

The fact that Hleb, Clichy, Adebayor, Flamini and Fabregas (to a certain extent) were not dominating the game, says that there was something wrong. Our off ball movement was poor, we didnt keep hold of the ball long in enough and (in the second half) we didnt win the ball back quick enough.
Plus we could not up the tempo of the game, except at the start of both halves.

lagos

Established Member
Considering the pitch, I mentioned before the match when I saw the line-up of Ade/Nik that I thought most of the game would avoid the midfield and we would just lump it forward, I suppose I forgot that you need Kolo in defense for that

Rohit

Established Member
henry79 said:
he shouldnt even been playing diaby and eboue there in the first place. one is a right back the other is a CM,when ever they play there they dont offer us anything.all of us thought we needed genuine winger to be signed. as after hleb and rosicky the standard droppps and rosicky is injury prone i am sure wenger knew the guy wouldnt last a whole season. even if he didnt buy in the summer he still had another chance to buy in january and he didnt, he thought the squad was good enough.

Who Wenger should and should not play on the wings is another arguement altogether. He considers them options and we had all our options out, 5 in counting for the same position. What it did was it pushed the fulcrum of our team to the right side and skewed our balance.

awooga83

Established Member
Well we will know the position we are in come 5:15pm next week, its been so long since we have really looked good in the league these results have been coming and now they are just all coming at once.

IBL

Established Member
We've drawn the last three games where we should have scrapped out wins, not the stuff of champions and we'll now be forced to do it the hard way if we're to win.

Worrying days but we still have a shout, Clichy's daydreaming proving to be more vital every week

henry79

The pitch shouldnt be used as an excuse to our poor performace. we knew their pitch is not good enough for our pasing the state of wigan pitch has been talked about for ages. we should have found away to overcome it.
Manu pitch is awful aswell so you think if we dont get the result there is because of the pitch dont think so !!!!

Rohit

Established Member
true gooner said:
Rohit said:
I for one saw no signs of physical or mental fatigue.

What do you mean?

The fact that Hleb, Clichy, Adebayor, Flamini and Fabregas (to a certain extent) were not dominating the game, says that there was something wrong. Our off ball movement was poor, we didnt keep hold of the ball long in enough and (in the second half) we didnt win the ball back quick enough.
Plus we could not up the tempo of the game, except at the start of both halves.

Adebayor has had such games without having had a game in midweek, Hleb was extremely poor and Fabregas played on the right for the best part of the game. Flamini ran his ass off all game. I don't know what match you saw, but Fabregas made some very good off the ball runs and so did Bendtner and Clichy as always. As for keeping the ball long enough, did you see the pitch, how does a team keep the ball long enough on this pitch when you simply can't get your first touch right?

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom