• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Wigan Vs Arsenal - Saturday 11th April, 2009 - 1500hrs

Double_H

Established Member
Home sweet Home just came back to riyadh yesterday after 2 good results

any win will do at this stage of the season . with the Injures we have .
we need to cope until they come back

hope they recover sooner ..we are still playing on 3 fronts

COME ON YOU GUNNERS

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
-vapour- said:
I don't believe there is any mention of the word disgrace there Klaus. Fair enough he says that some would say it is not even a yellow card
Fair enough he never used the word disgrace about the red but it doesn't really change anything. The important part of the sentence is still there and it's still a pathetic comment.

-vapour- said:
Nevertheless Bruce will probably always get stick for it from Arsenal fans but "Otherwise he's just as big a c**t as the rest of them." is a bit harsh really. Competely different kettle of fish to good old Phil "I own a sunbed" Brown.
There's some more nuance to Bruce perhaps but lets not act like he gives a **** about Arsenal just because he's got some manners as long as it doesn't involve incidents with players he's affiliated with. I will never forgive him for the comment about that tackle. He's polite when he's got something to gain and that's it.

-vapour-

I'm not saying he gives a ****, what manager does give a **** about another team. I just believe he respects the team. But anyway this will drag more and more off topic, so I will just agree to disagree with you on this one.

A

Anonymous

Big Poppa said:
TomasCR said:
And Wigan are no team that should cause us some problems by having more "body strenght or powers in midfield", mate.

Denilson´s strenght is massively underrated just to add a bit more.

@ hackajack don't be ridiculous, its a physical sport and you need a decent balance of strength and skill at the highest level. That doesn't make it rugby.

Tomas, unless you were under a rock for the first for the first half of the season, that's precisely what teams did to us. And guess what combination we used in midfield for most of those games. Whichever way you look at it, our defensive record has improved exponentially since Wenger put a Song or Diaby in there.
Some here lose track of that fact that first and foremost football is a physical competition...they buy into this team of all technique and no muscle...you're spot on, balance is needed...deminishing the phsyical element is folly.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Neither Song nor Diaby have been constants in the side. The back four, especially the CBs, Al, and, still mainly overlooked, Denilson himself have contributed to an improved defensive showing. Unless, that is, we are going to put it all on Cesc again.

Rocafella

Established Member
I agree with Big Poppa. How can we honestly expect to win the ball back with a midfield of Walcott, Denilson, Cesc and Arshavin. I don't even want to think of how little protection the back four will receive. Get Song in there. He might still be feeling it from Tuesday but we need a physical prescence in there.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Muharraqawi said:
Don't know why but I have a strong feeling that Silvestre is going to start :(

I bloody hope not, I hope to see Gibbs start, we need all the points we can get, I hope we are up for this............

DC Gunner

Established Member
This match is not on any channel in the USA, I have not been able to find anything online either.

:evil:

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Rocafella said:
I agree with Big Poppa. How can we honestly expect to win the ball back with a midfield of Walcott, Denilson, Cesc and Arshavin. I don't even want to think of how little protection the back four will receive. Get Song in there. He might still be feeling it from Tuesday but we need a physical prescence in there.
Denilson has got physical presence. It's not a attribute that's necessarily connected to height anyway. Look at Mascherano. He's two centimetres shorter than Arshavin.

Rocafella

Established Member
Where did I mention height in my post? Denilson offers no physical prescence. To suggest otherwise is silly. He doesn't win headers and he rarely wins 50-50's. He is so easily turned and muscled off the ball it's not even funny. Mascherano is 10x the player Denilson could ever hope to be, he has determination, aggression and bravery, unlike our Brazilian.

Kain

Established Member
Cant see us going without Song in the starting eleven either, with three of our main back five missing since the last game its worth having him in for that alone.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Where did I mention height in my post?
I didn't say you did. It's a common argument though.

Rocafella said:
Denilson offers no physical prescence. To suggest otherwise is silly.
No it's not. It's a fitting argument for everyone who prefers him on the bench of course but it's not true.

Shouldn't the team be up by now, by the way?

Viking

Rocafella said:
Where did I mention height in my post? Denilson offers no physical prescence. To suggest otherwise is silly. He doesn't win headers and he rarely wins 50-50's. He is so easily turned and muscled off the ball it's not even funny. Mascherano is 10x the player Denilson could ever hope to be, he has determination, aggression and bravery, unlike our Brazilian.

He actually does win a lot of tackles, and offers a physical presences. The comparison with Mascherano is silly, as Mascherano obviously is a class above him.

GaelForce22

Established Member
Fabianski

Sagna
Toure
Djourou
Gibbs

Song
Denilson

Walcott
Fabregas
Arshavin

Bendtner

Bench: Szczesny, Nasri, Van Persie, Vela, Silvestre, Adebayor, Eboue

Rocafella

Established Member
Solid line up. There was no way Wenger was going to go into this game without Song in midfield. Promising line-up but I hope we get into our game early because Wigan will probably press us early and try not to let us settle.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom