• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 233,031

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I just don’t get why Kia has so much influence or why we’re even bothering with him? His client list is poverty and his “connections” seem to be pointless, I could kind of see the point if he had an Mbappe type on his list where we sign a couple of his less desirable clients and in return he gets his ‘world class’ talent to us, but instead all we are is his dumping ground.

I get your point, but in the situation we’re in it helps a bit. Put it this way, if we didn’t have the links to Kia we’d probably only be signing Partey and a cheap CB this summer. I think I’d rather have Coutinho and Willian in that case.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know about this....
Our recent history with Chelsea transfers is a bit dodgy.
My feeling is that arteta is given a set of options from a profile of player he says he wants... he then has to choose which is his favourite from those. So technically he gets the final say

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Done some advanced scouting on super Jack, met up with a friend from Birmingham over the weekend who I was grilling about Grealish.

Apparently he’s the big lad about Brum, almost always on the bottle service in Snobs or Pryzm VIP area where he gets the staff to pick out a load of girls to join him.

One fun story, apparently this guy managed to end up at Grealish’s table through a mutual friend and he took a swig from Jack’s Grey Goose.

Jack then makes a huge show about ordering another bottle in and when my friend asks why he says, “I don’t drink from anything a stranger’s drank from” then got my mate thrown out the club.

Apparently he’s hated around Birmingham by anyone who’s not a die hard Villa fan. Top lad.
Sounds like my type of fella.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I get your point, but in the situation we’re in it helps a bit. Put it this way, if we didn’t have the links to Kia we’d probably only be signing Partey and a cheap CB this summer. I think I’d rather have Coutinho and Willian in that case.

this guy :rofl:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Let’s be positive guys.

If we signed a CB and CM and then picked up Willian on the final day of the window we’d view it as a good window...right?:(

Depends if that's Zouma and Elnenny being LANS, doesn't it?

The negative here is the fact that this is a 3 year contract and not 1+1 or 2 + 1 if Arsenal chose to do so.

Vanfrothan

Something really unnerving about someone insisting on a longer contract than they are being offered.

It's like they have no faith in their ability to be worth keeping at the end of it so they want the security of an extra year, in case they turn rubbish and no one will want them.

Bergkamp only ever got one year renewals and you never heard him moaning about it because he knew he'd be world class again next year and we'd be desperate to keep him!

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
this guy :rofl:

It’s true. There’s a reason we’re targeting Willian on a free and Coutinho on loan and it isn’t because we think they’re the best options out there, it’s because we don’t have a pot to piss in. If you think we’re signing them because the club would rather give Kia a big agent fee rather than spend £30m on someone than you’re a stupid ****.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
It’s true. There’s a reason we’re targeting Willian on a free and Coutinho on loan and it isn’t because we think they’re the best options out there, it’s because we don’t have a pot to piss in. If you think we’re signing them because the club would rather give Kia a big agent fee rather than spend £30m on someone than you’re a stupid ****.
You think we can‘t sign anyone else other than Kia‘s clients? Is that how bad Raul is at his job?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
When did fans start to give so much of a sh*t about money and age etc? I swear in the 90's fans probably didn't give that much of a sh*t and discuss it in such detail, they just cared about how good the player was.

I mean it's good to care about age and money etc, cos it's important and it has an effect on how the club is run and what it can do in the future, but do we, as fans, need to care so much about it?

So putting aside what isn't my problem (his wages) and thinking about what is my problem (the player, cos i've got to watch him play for my team), is this really so bad? I mean he's a good player. Been pretty good for Chelsea, could be pretty good for us, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom