• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Willian

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,913
  • Views 234,465

Would you be happy with the Willian signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Resigned myself to it, just got to hope Arteta wants him. Hate that we’ve got another Chelsea man in the club, unacceptable for me that - lazy from Edu and co.

I’ll be properly worried if the CB and DM we need aren’t ‘proper’ signings.

Yeah, I'm kinda sick of it now. Guess we could clear out more deadwood than we think this year and send a guy like Reiss or ESR on loan again and get that wage book back to normal, hell maybe even Özil will go.

Get some proper signings around Willian and maybe we are looking okay.

Wouldn't mind a bit of an idea from the club about this signing.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Resigned myself to it, just got to hope Arteta wants him. Hate that we’ve got another Chelsea man in the club, unacceptable for me that - lazy from Edu and co.

I’ll be properly worried if the CB and DM we need and get aren’t ‘proper’ signings.
There has to be at least one proper signing this summer, doesn't make sense otherwise. I think the club wants it to be Partey. As for two proper signings, don't think it will happen, but i'll remain hopeful.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You think we can‘t sign anyone else other than Kia‘s clients? Is that how bad Raul is at his job?

No they’re signing players who fit what they want and are within their budget. If €50m is going on Partey (if we assume he’s the main target as seems likely) they don’t have much left over. So then it’s who can they get to fit the profile of player they want with the little money they have. Willian means they can fill that role without actually having to spend any cash up front. His wages and signing on fee are spread over weeks and years. If they weren’t chums with Kia what would be the alternative? Ryan Fraser? Nobody?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Thomas Partey next hopefully we don’t go for that Danilo Pereira, he’s bald ffs

You can’t trust a bald man to hold down the middle of the pitch.

GDeep™

League is very weak
When did fans start to give so much of a sh*t about money and age etc? I swear in the 90's fans probably didn't give that much of a sh*t and discuss it in such detail, they just cared about how good the player was.

I mean it's good to care about age and money etc, cos it's important and it has an effect on how the club is run and what it can do in the future, but do we, as fans, need to care so much about it?

So putting aside what isn't my problem (his wages) and thinking about what is my problem (the player, cos i've got to watch him play for my team), is this really so bad? I mean he's a good player. Been pretty good for Chelsea, could be pretty good for us, no?
Football has grown, the profile of the sport, add the internet culture giving everyone a voice. This is the natural growth of the sport.

I think in American sport fans have discussed squad make up and finances for a long time.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Ffs, just watched his highlight video from 2019/20. If this guy was call Zack Bealish from a team like Norwich and was 10 years younger AM would be drooling over him.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

dani-ceballos-catalans-basques-ps_pbcf3m1pxgdu1254v7xelha6h.png

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
not likely because Willian is RW and Coutinho is AM and LW.
First order of business is Auba, we need a CB, Partey? Wondering if we’d be able to afford both Willian and Coutinho based on their wages. We do plan to offload some players, just wondering if we can swing it financially.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
No they’re signing players who fit what they want and are within their budget. If €50m is going on Partey (if we assume he’s the main target as seems likely) they don’t have much left over. So then it’s who can they get to fit the profile of player they want with the little money they have. Willian means they can fill that role without actually having to spend any cash up front. His wages and signing on fee are spread over weeks and years. If they weren’t chums with Kia what would be the alternative? Ryan Fraser? Nobody?
The alternative could be using scouts to find some unknown gem, but we apparently sacked all of them. A more long term plan would be more appreciated by me as a supporter than one good year of Willian/Coutinho. Their strategy sucks ass but maybe their jobs are at risk and need to deliver now.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
First order of business is Auba, we need a CB, Partey? Wondering if we’d be able to afford both Willian and Coutinho based on their wages. We do plan to offload some players, just wondering if we can swing it financially.
I think we targeting to spending big on midfield and defense Arteta think Coutinho and Willian will be enough to solve some of creativity we lack this season

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Thomas Partey next hopefully we don’t go for that Danilo Pereira, he’s bald ffs

You can’t trust a bald man to hold down the middle of the pitch.

Ivan De La Pena and Marco Senna criminally underrated.

Rather you than me to tell Stig Tofting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom